ADVERTISEMENT

Bama vs Jawja..who wins

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Before the playoffs started i thought the Jawja Dawgs would win it...But after watching Bama literally punk the Clemons taters in the trenches, i think the Dawgs will likely get whupped...They sure as hades wont rush for 350 vs Bama...Can Fromm beat the Bama secondary...Can the Dawg defense handle all those great backs from Bama...If the game is in Jalen Hurts hands, i like the dawgs chances...If Bama's run game get's traction, the Tide will roll

Last edited:
Before the playoffs started i thought the Jawja Dawgs would win it...But after watching Bama literally punk the Clemons taters in the trenches, i think the Dawgs will likely get whupped...They sure as hades wont rush for 350 vs Bama...Can Fromm beat the Bama secondary...Can the Dawg defense handle all those great backs from Bama...If the game is in Jalen Hurts hands, i like the dawgs chances...If Bama's run game get's traction, the Tide will roll

Yeah, I picked UGA before the playoff started as well and there weren't many of us, so why would I jump off the bandwagon now that everyone is climbing on? Well, I watched Carolina play Georgia and Clemson; If Bama can beat Clemson by 18, then why wouldn't they able to beat UGA by at least a point? And Hurts didn't play particular well against Clemson. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over, I think Bama wins it. I expect a 4th quarter game either way.

Bama. I’m going with the more mobile and experienced qb, as well as the more experienced HC in this one. Should be closer than the bama v clemson game though

I guess it doesn't matter since both are in the SEC but I just don't see Bama stopping the 2 headed monster running backs all game. I see UGA pulling away late simply because Bama's offense is average at best. 28-17 Dogs...

Bama OLB Jennings is out for this game. That won't help them any.

His backup is Christian Miller, who was the No. 1 rated outside linebacker coming out of high school like 8 years ago. Bama's depth is insane. No other program could lose the players they have and be in this position.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
I guess it doesn't matter since both are in the SEC but I just don't see Bama stopping the 2 headed monster running backs all game. I see UGA pulling away late simply because Bama's offense is average at best. 28-17 Dogs...

While who we pull for from our couches has no impact on the outcome, it does matter for us (USC) who wins, imo. We compete closely against UGA for recruits. The last thing we need right now is for them to have a CFP championship trophy in their trophy case to show those recruits choosing between us and the dogs. We really need a Bama "W".

I think Bama will try to make Fromm beat them. I don’t see that happening.

Not buying Christian Miller. What’s he done except ride the pine or the injury tent? I’m picking Georgia and I know it may make winning the east harder, but if we beat them then - we beat the best!

His backup is Christian Miller, who was the No. 1 rated outside linebacker coming out of high school like 8 years ago. Bama's depth is insane. No other program could lose the players they have and be in this position.
I understand Miller has had some injury issues of his own. Hopefully, he'll be at or near full-speed.

Bama just scored 24 points on the #2 defense in the country, while keeping them out of the end zone. Gotta pick Bama.

Heart and karma say Ga wins. They deserve it. Richt would not have been in this position.

Bama offense scored 10 points. Bama defense scored 14. UGA can put more points on the board than Bama offense + defense. That settles it, dawgs going away.

And another thing; for UGA to win would be what's referred to as "repeating history", only in reverse order. By that I mean that UGA won it back in 1980 and then sCUm won it in 81. Catch my drift there?? For UGA to win it in 2018 would be a simple repeat, only in reverse since sCUm won it in 2017!!!

Saban does not have as much time to memorize the UGA playbook like he did against Clemson. I think UGA pulls away in the 4th quarter.

I'm surprised that some of you are hoping GA wins. Why? Won't that be the same if Clumsux wins? We play them every year. We recruit against them. Why would any Gamecock fan cheer for GA unless it is against Clumsux.

Bama will still have Pruitt on the sideline who is only 2 years removed from being georgias d.c. he is familiar with the dawgs veteran players. That should count for something as well as sabans familiarity with smart.

Reactions: CMac3428
I'm surprised that some of you are hoping GA wins. Why? Won't that be the same if Clumsux wins? We play them every year. We recruit against them. Why would any Gamecock fan cheer for GA unless it is against Clumsux.
Ga helped USC get into the SEC. I get that a Ga win makes it harder for USC to recruit against them but they can't take all of the great players from Ga. Don't think Ga has a recruiter of the caliber of Boom.

Ga helped USC get into the SEC. I get that a Ga win makes it harder for USC to recruit against them but they can't take all of the great players from Ga. Don't think Ga has a recruiter of the caliber of Boom.
Most of the responses in this thread are reasonable and I certainly understand not wanting a divisional opponent to win a championship, but please tell me you don’t honestly believe this.

Most of the responses in this thread are reasonable and I certainly understand not wanting a divisional opponent to win a championship, but please tell me you don’t honestly believe this.
Well Boom is an excellent recruiter. The only reason Ga is able to out recruit him is because of some temporary setbacks(SS, Ward)at USC. That will be fixed.

Ah I see, you got me to bite. Nice job.

Your HBC is one of the very best recruiters in the history of the business..That's one of 3 reasons you had to fire a HBC that averaged 10 wins per year to hire Smart before Ray Tanner did...

Best wishes Monday night...I think Bama will win..But i am sick of the media trying to pass Nick Saban off as Jesus...It wouldn't bother me to see Jawja kick the beetlejuice out of them

Reactions: Single Barrel Dawg
Going with Georgia...Chubb, Michel and Swift all better than anything taters had, and it's hard to contain them all game. Bama won't light up the scoreboard so I see a 21-17 type game with Dawgs winning it all.

Nick saban is 11-0 against his former assistants. that just about says it all.

None of those games were against the caliber of this current UGA team.

Saban always has trouble with teams when the talent is evenly matched and the opposing coach has a pulse.

Your HBC is one of the very best recruiters in the history of the business..That's one of 3 reasons you had to fire a HBC that averaged 10 wins per year to hire Smart before Ray Tanner did...

Best wishes Monday night...I think Bama will win..But i am sick of the media trying to pass Nick Saban off as Jesus...It wouldn't bother me to see Jawja kick the beetlejuice out of them

Thanks for the civil discussion. Just so you know, I like to come over here and get some different perspective and I think y’all are on the upswing. It’s not my style to beat my chest or to belittle your program. However, the poster saying we didn’t have a recruiter on par with Boom is just not accurate. Thanks for the well wishes and congrats on South Carolina’s bowl win as well

While who we pull for from our couches has no impact on the outcome, it does matter for us (USC) who wins, imo. We compete closely against UGA for recruits. The last thing we need right now is for them to have a CFP championship trophy in their trophy case to show those recruits choosing between us and the dogs. We really need a Bama "W".
I agree. A UGA win is the worst case Scenario. Our two closest rivals with National championships in consecutive years? Our only recruiting ploy for that is "help us join that club"

We need Bama win.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT