ADVERTISEMENT

Bar Fight Allegations

Art__Vandelay

Apr 24, 2017
Upper West Side
The State is reporting several of our players got into a bar fight in Five Points Friday night/Saturday AM. No charges have been filed at this point.

Sounds like something that would be handled internally, but who knows. Hate to hear stuff like this either way

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article148044559.html

*Edited... Incident happened 3 AM Saturday morning

*Edited... Wanted to remove player's names, as there has clearly been some confusion as to who was actually present

Last edited:
I LITERALLY received an email from USC Athletics stating "We Will Not Be Outworked" at the exact same moment I opened this thread lol.

Hope it's nothing.

Just read the article. Doesn't sound good....idiots. Video should tell all.

Let's see what the video looks like.

The State already took the angle that the guy was an innocent bystander.

Reactions: GamecockJL
If true in the way it has been reported, kick all 3 off the team...I don't give a damn who it is...and can 5 points burn down? Soon

Reactions: Cybercock
I just want to see the video and get another viewpoint outside of the guys family.

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
Boom on thin ice in many respects. This does not help in the long run. These guys have NFL aspirations, money out the window, unfortunately no matter what the story turns out to be.

Interesting that these were the two guys who were mentioned as being drafted higher up next year.

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
If the players are all fault..Mr. Muschamp show some backbone that I think you have

Gotta love that it involves two players who should be leading by example. The third involved isn't on the team any longer if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe they need to go back and look at the recent draft and see how off the field conduct impacted some.

What does this have to do with Coach?

Unfortunately the program as a whole is looked at. When he is 6-7 and will struggle the next year or so this does not help him. He is a great coach, I hate to see stuff like this that is out of his control.

Unfortunately the program as a whole is looked at. When he is 6-7 and will struggle the next year or so this does not help him. He is a great coach, I hate to see stuff like this that is out of his control.
What do you mean he is on thin ice and you yourself said this was beyond his control which is correct.

What do you mean he is on thin ice and you yourself said this was beyond his control which is correct.

Slow down and read my post again. Slowly, the answers you seek are in there.

If the players are at fault . S.Moore should start looking for a job outside of football, and D. Samuel should contact Buddy Pough.

If true, do the right thing Mr. Muschamp

Reactions: Cybercock
If true in the way it has been reported, kick all 3 off the team...I don't give a damn who it is...and can 5 points burn down? Soon
Part of me agrees with the kick them part. These kids KNOW better!! And, as mentioned above, SHOULD be leaders on the team! Yep, part of me says 'kick their a** to the curb".......then, the bigger part of me wants to win in FB.

I agree 110% that Five Pts can burn for all I care. Nothing but trouble down there - especially after midnight, apparently.

It's crazy to me - but exams are over I think so it might be a down time. Still - 3am is 3am.

Let's wait and see what the info is. Right now we just have a tiny bit of the info.

If it turns out it was a shoving match with the guy getting hit in the face a few times, I am sure some serious internal punishment will be handed out.

Why does anybody stay out til 3 am. Just to prove they can ?

They should at the very least get to see this up-close and personal-like;

MuschampFreakout_original.gif

Perhaps the two best players on our team. I swear, so typical of our history. Just can't get it right.

Reactions: 92Pony
Just some perspective from a recent grad-

Bars are open until 2-3 AM and even later most nights. Generally just open until they start clearing out. If you walked through Five Points at 2 AM on just about any night of the week, a lot of places would still be packed. The only time there's a hard cut off time is on Saturday night into Sunday, when the bars close at 2 AM sharp.Most people don't go down to Five Points to start the night until 11:00-12:00

*Disclaimer- Not advocating for football players (or anyone) to be out until 3 AM, just saying it's quite common.

Why haven't they been charged yet? They have the video and know who they are?

Makes you wonder what's on the video.

Military guys have a rep for going to Five Points and acting like hot shots. This is usually more associated with the really young ones who just got their first ever paycheck from Fort Jackson but coulda been a factor in this situation.

It's also possible our guys completely started it. Definitely don't want to "victim blame" or speculate about something I wasn't there for; just saying as a Five Points vet over the years I've seen guys from the base come down there and get liquored up and cause trouble. (No slight to the armed services; I appreciate all they do)

They need to make it to where students can't go to 5 points after a certain hours on certain days. This is getting ridiculous. How many SC athletes got into trouble when being at 5 points?

Reactions: nikolas22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT