ADVERTISEMENT

Bar Fight Allegations

Like I used to tell my Soldiers - "Gents - 90% of the things that are gonna happen in a bar after 1230am are bad. If you ain't convinced "Ms. Hot Thing" to hook-up by then it probably ain't gonna happen. Best thing to do is head home and avoid the alcohol induced trouble."
You never tried the kick the bar stool out at 2 am technique? Amateur hour!

I agree that a successful lawsuit is a longshot, but I checked the writer's Facebook page and he is a young, dyed in the wool, Clemson Tiger. I'm talking orange, orange, orange. Let's just say that he saw this story and ran with it, without doing any investigation at all. He talked to a relative of the "victim." Well, who is the so-called victim? This isn't a rape case. Let us evaluate this paragon of virtue who was apparently hanging out at a bar at 3 in the morning. Frankly, it sounds like the guy was spoiling for a fight and he found one. And bruising around one eye doesn't exactly sound like he was the victim of some kind of gang-style beat down.
Orange as this guy may be, the paper doesn't publish stuff that's just one guy on his own. Even if it's a column or something, other people have to sign off on it. Definitely on a news story it's just a guy doing what he's told. You have a meeting with your editor/department and they say these are the stories we want to cover, you do this you do that

Orange as this guy may be, the paper doesn't publish stuff that's just one guy on his own. Even if it's a column or something, other people have to sign off on it. Definitely on a news story it's just a guy doing what he's told. You have a meeting with your editor/department and they say these are the stories we want to cover, you do this you do that
I know that's how it's supposed to work, but I often find myself wondering if this model has broken down given the lean staffing of newspapers. This just felt rushed to me. Rushed and one-sided. Heck, the initial video caption was that 3 star players were charged.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Context is important. The guy is a marine. Not only that, he is a marine that looks like he ate another marine. If for some reason, Mr double marine was at fault and instigated it, then I have no problem with them jumping in and helping out their teammate.
Drunk Double marines can do some real bad things to people in fights.
Has the guy been identified?

Just because the guy is a vet doesn't make him a good one......
I personally know several Marines who have been decorated for heroism, but I know zero who have been nominated for sainthood. Somehow, I don't think this was one of those fighting Chaplains, out in the bar at 3am trying to convert sinners.

I know that's how it's supposed to work, but I often find myself wondering if this model has broken down given the lean staffing of newspapers. This just felt rushed to me. Rushed and one-sided. Heck, the initial video caption was that 3 star players were charged.
no, it hasn't broken down. this is how it works: there's somebody at the paper whose job it is to show up at the courthouse, and someone whose job it is to go down daily and check the police reports. It doesn't have anything to do with liberal bias or some no-name at the paper wanting to do in Carolina.

no, it hasn't broken down. this is how it works: there's somebody at the paper whose job it is to show up at the courthouse, and someone whose job it is to go down daily and check the police reports. It doesn't have anything to do with liberal bias or some no-name at the paper wanting to do in Carolina.

They've attacked our school, players and coaches for decades. You're either very young or you've gone full blown tater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT