ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Expectations?

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
Curious as to what everyone would find acceptable for a first-year performance from Kingston

Personally I’d like to see us hosting a regional

Curious as to what everyone would find acceptable for a first-year performance from Kingston

Personally I’d like to see us hosting a regional
I think hosting a regional would be reasonable. That said, I could live with us just making a regional this year. It's all going to boil down to our young arms. Lot of unknown at this point.

Can't say re: how this year's team might perform, but we're starting off 4th in our division vs. 1st or 2nd for years under Tanner. His 'wannabe an AD' fit is costing us.

Reactions: SCGCock07
Lost all the flamethrowers last year and all middle relievers. But, on the Brightside Alex Destino won't be leaving anybody on base this year.

Can't say re: how this year's team might perform, but we're starting off 4th in our division vs. 1st or 2nd for years under Tanner. His 'wannabe an AD' fit is costing us.
Fire Tanner. Just another growing list of reason that he should be gone. He's awful. The new OP's building is a complete disaster, Muschamp's a disaster. Should have fired Frank and Dawn at the end of last year when they peaked.

Last edited:
Optimistic about the offense, unsure about the pitching staff beyond Adam Hill. I expect a regional appearance, would be pleasantly surpised if we reach the supers.

TATER ALERT !!!!!!!

I’d hope we at least make a regional, but there are so many question marks as far as the pitching is concerned, my expectations would be to see improvement as the season goes on

How can you say his wanting to be an AD is what hurt us? He said many times he was not going to coach any longer.

Fire Tanner. Just another growing list of reason that he should be gone. He's awful. The new OP's building is a complete disaster, Muschamp's a disaster. Should have fired Frank and Dawn at the end of last year when they peaked.

Intellectually stimulating post. LOL

Now you're talking. And who hired Tanner? That cat ought to be fired too. Same with the guy who hired the guy who hired Tanner.

Need to do some retroactive asskicking bud nipping, get this athletic department shaped the hell up.

Reactions: viennacocks
https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/kingston-updates-weekend-rotation-names-closer
Looks like the pitching rotation is shaping up with Hill on Friday, Morris Saturday, and a Chapman on Sunday (Ridge or Logan). Also Demurias closing. That still leaves the weekday spot, and assuming the Chapman that doesn’t start on Sunday will start weekdays, then the rest will be setup guys out of the pen. There’s a lot of young arms and I’m sure there’ll be some juggling as the season goes on, but glad to hear some guys have separated themselves. I think Gilreath will end up taking over a huge role at some point.
Cortez, Hopkins, and Olson seem to be locks in the outfield, but I’d like to see Cortez as dh and more speed in the outfield for defense. Maybe Hopkins in left, Blair in center, depending on who has the better arm being in center, and Olson in right as he seems to have the best arm of the 3. Hopefully Stokes has gotten better at the plate, if not I’d like to see Tolbert at ss with Campbell at 2b, Bride at 3rd, and Holiday at 1st as he’s a big target with power at the plate. Not sure if Cullen will start at catcher but I like the sound of things so far.
Can’t wait to see this team in action, but I’m gonna try not to be overly optimistic, and give this staff and players time to figure things out. Go Gamecocks!

Sweep Clemson and strike Beer out every time he comes to bat.

Hosting a regional is not a reasonable expectation.

I think a regional final would be a success.

Please no bitching about why we dont bunt in the 1st inning. Please.

jeff2001Well-Known Member
NewPlease no bitching about why we dont bunt in the 1st inning. Please.

I don’t believe MK is a small-ball kind of coach. He’s more like the early years RT. Big innings and the 3-run HR.

Reactions: Mannma
Please no bitching about why we dont bunt in the 1st inning. Please.
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
If you are easily offended by crude language please refrain from watching. Stupid humor relies heavily on explicit language without the purpose of offending, but may do so to some. Again, watch at your own risk.

Reactions: NetworkX
jeff2001Well-Known Member
NewPlease no bitching about why we dont bunt in the 1st inning. Please.

I don’t believe MK is a small-ball kind of coach. He’s more like the early years RT. Big innings and the 3-run HR.
Big fan or not, I hope he uses it when the situation is advantageous and can produce runs.

Reactions: jbouton
I’d like to expect hosting a regional. That’s a regional expectation for the program.

Having said that, I think the cupboard is a little more bare than most Gamecock fans want to believe. I’d like to see us win 40 games and have a shot at an at large birth in the tourney. I actually think we miss this season. Rome wasn’t built in a day and I don’t believe the offense will improve enough to win. The SEC is the best college baseball conference in the country and you might could argue the baseball history is even deeper than football.

My hopes:
Win Clemson series
Finish in top 8 of SEC, top 3 of East
Host a regional

Wouldn’t be surprised to see:
1 win against Clemson
About 35 wins
4th in East, struggling to make tourney or missing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT