ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball question is finally answered by Holbrook

superflyby

Mar 12, 2007
Monroe NC
...as to why we are struggling. I guess we should have figured it out on our own. We are sooooo dumb. Maybe....just maybe....it's....

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...baseball/neil-white-blog/article20231961.html

USC coach Chad Holbrook, while noting the disappointment of the coaches and players, admits the pressure to sustain that success – especially as the team began an extended struggle after a strong start – has played a role in the downturn.

“There are high expectations with this program and rightfully so. I always want that to be the case. Those kids are human, and they’re 18, 19 years old, and they understand the expectation that goes with playing here,” Holbrook said.

“It’s only natural that when you struggle and you have some losses and your record is not up to standard of what South Carolina baseball is all about, sure they put pressure on themselves and even try harder. Maybe that’s weighing them down a tad.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...white-blog/article20231961.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, I read that BS.

He needs to go ahead and resign.

This is big boy ball. We expect to be great.

If you can't take the heat, you know the rest.

Yeah, I read that BS.

He needs to go ahead and resign.

This is big boy ball. We expect to be great.

If you can't take the heat, you know the rest.
My disappointment with the whole thing is...it's not coaching, fielding,pitching or hitting. It's all a mind game. Well hell, lets get a psychiatrist in there and fix this.....yea right.

Reactions: 10smith10
Holbrook just does not seem to be an exciting type of guy. Everytime I see him talk I want to go take a nap.

This is what he said on the radio yesterday, and it makes him sound like a loser. He's also gotten a whiny tone to his voice now when he's interviewed. He's just not the right person for this job.

My disappointment with the whole thing is...it's not coaching, fielding,pitching or hitting. It's all a mind game. Well hell, lets get a psychiatrist in there and fix this.....yea right.
Funny thing about that is that USC has had a team psychiatrist since 1997. Dr. Ron Kasper sits in the dugout, and has since Ray took over the program.

He knew this before taking the job... It's a loser's excuse... What coach doesn't know this coming behind a coach winning back to back championships... You would have to be an idiot to think other wise..

ADVERTISEMENT