ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball schedule

atl-cock

May 3, 2006
Atlanta (Beaufort native)
Since the Yardbirds are apparently leaving for Starkville immediately after tomorrow night's contest in Charleston, it's too bad that they couldn't have scheduled Georgia Tech in Atlanta instead, as it's (roughly) on the way to Starkville and would have given me an easy opportunity to see a game live.
happy.r191677.gif

My guess is that the weekend series was switched to a Thurs-Sat set after the schedule was made.

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:
It's a Th-Sat schedule for TV.
Exactly. Sorry I didn't clearly state that my thinking is that the series was probably originally scheduled for Fri-Sun, and changed to Thurs-Sat when ESPN picked up the game for their weekly Thurs night telecast.

Again, were it known in advance that we'd be playing in Starkville Thurs-Sat, I would have liked to have seen us schedule someone on the way to Starkville on Tuesday who is close enough to Columbia that the team can leave after class on Tuesday (e.g., Georgia Tech, Kennesaw State, etc.) and play El Cid in Charleston on another Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just would like the midweek schedule during conference play to have a little variety in addition to the same instate mid-majors we play every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT