ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball seating

BBallUSC

Nov 7, 2005
My seat selection time is this afternoon for Covid distanced 2021 seating at Founders Park...but in preview mode the only seats available are already in the outfield bleachers... Not. Good.

We are (were) also in Sec 4 Row 8...just up from your seats.
I think the entire process was flawed, and they couldn't give a straight answer if you called them.
Part of me doesn't want to go if I can't sit in my seats. (I REALLY love my seats.) And there's a part of me that feels if there is a ballgame going on, I want to be in the ballpark since I had to go from March 10 - September 24 without baseball.

I suppose it's secondary market for us for games. And dammit, we better be able to tailgate.

Just a little salty over all this.

I think the entire process was flawed, and they couldn't give a straight answer if you called them.
Part of me doesn't want to go if I can't sit in my seats. (I REALLY love my seats.) And there's a part of me that feels if there is a ballgame going on, I want to be in the ballpark since I had to go from March 10 - September 24 without baseball.

I suppose it's secondary market for us for games. And dammit, we better be able to tailgate.

Just a little salty over all this.
Team better be good, too, huh?

So for baseball season ticket holders, did you have to pay your money up front then told there is reduced seats and you would not get normal seats or did they wait until your seat selection for your payment? Just trying to get a read on how they will do football seating payments this year.

So for baseball season ticket holders, did you have to pay your money up front then told there is reduced seats and you would not get normal seats or did they wait until your seat selection for your payment? Just trying to get a read on how they will do football seating payments this year.
No, you had the ability to select seats and pay at the same time...or not.

Reactions: southernbuc81
Football you can do a $50 deposit per seat right now. I’ve already sent mine in and renewed my membership.

I’m liking to hear that particularly from you
Let me be clear. I don't put a lot of stock into what I see in the Fall. So much can change from Fall to Spring. But with how things were trending up last year when the season was so abruptly stolen from us combined with what I saw this Fall watching scrimmages, I feel good about this Spring at this moment. Could that all change once Spring practice starts, absolutely. But I would hope it does not. Wes Clarke is getting a lot of love from the "experts", as are quite a few of our pitchers (this I really like to see).

All this to say, at this point, I'll just be happy that they are back on the diamond. I never want to go that long without any Gamecock Baseball ever again. I'm a much happy person when they are on the diamond, and my friends/family are happier too since I'm happy.

"Just talked to Daddy. He took 4 in the Bleachers..."
Seriously wonder what kind of algorithm was used to assign seat selection...
From what I understand it was based on your giving level in the GCC, and if you purchase season tickets on the regular. BUT I am taking that with a large grain of salt. Daddy is a FS, but he's been that for 40+ years. His time was 9:40 this morning. I would imagine there were a few late yesterday like you that opted not to get those bleacher seats.

I have some friends who were able to choose yesterday, and were able to get right behind their regular season tickets. Who knows how the heck they set this up.

Our attitude at this point is being in the stadium. I can walk some laps and get my steps in during games, if necessary.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I don’t see many secondary market tickets being available either. Not with 2100 seats. You gotta take what you can take I guess.

From what I understand it was based on your giving level in the GCC, and if you purchase season tickets on the regular. BUT I am taking that with a large grain of salt. Daddy is a FS, but he's been that for 40+ years. His time was 9:40 this morning. I would imagine there were a few late yesterday like you that opted not to get those bleacher seats.

I have some friends who were able to choose yesterday, and were able to get right behind their regular season tickets. Who knows how the heck they set this up.

Our attitude at this point is being in the stadium. I can walk some laps and get my steps in during games, if necessary.

What giving level were your friends and what seats did they get?? My selection time was 3:15 on Monday. Only red seats available were 4 in section 27 in front of the bleachers.... I passed...

Hopefully the virus will be over by the start of the season and they can expand the numbers allowed into the games.

I got 4 tickets in Sec 20 Monday 2:30 PM - Silver Spur, 53 year Gamecock Member, around 1500 points. . Had season tickets since the 1990'S at Sarg Frye Field. No seats closerto infield. Was able to get paper tickets, 81 years old with flip phone and an old computer and years behind in software. Football and men basketball season since late 1960's and women's BB since the mid 0's.

ADVERTISEMENT