ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball team stinks

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
Losing to a satellite school. At this rate we will have another double digit loss season. These things are obvious.
1) Holbrook insists on BP and warm up pitches; as a result the team is tired come game time
2) The bullpen is so bad we left the starter in
3) Spurrier quit recruiting and as a result we are 2-1
4) We should cancel baseball season as long as UConn Women's basketball has Geno.
5) Baseball America hates us and @ 2-1 we are on the bubble to make the field of 64

Losing to a satellite school. At this rate we will have another double digit loss season. These things are obvious.
1) Holbrook insists on BP and warm up pitches; as a result the team is tired come game time
4) We should cancel baseball season as long as UConn Women's basketball has Geno.
5) Baseball America hates us and @ 2-1 we are on the bubble to make the field of 64

http://www.uncgspartans.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=810474&SPID=137657&DB_OEM_ID=32200&Q_SEASON=2015

Yep... Losing to a 38-21 team that beat Coastal Carolina at Conway 4-2 last year...

Reactions: cockofdawn
I thought it was pretty close to capturing the gripes of our sports teams. My creative juices failed me as somewhere out there we should be able to tie todays loss to Nikki Haley, Clemson Football Facility, 2018 FB recruiting, and my favorite Perry Noble.

This is actually pretty funny. But you have to read the whole thing. OP, you need to realize that the vast majority of the readers of this board were born without a sense of irony. Most people likely discounted your post after the first two lines.

Getting SHUTOUT by a SOCON Team at home pitching their Sunday (#3 pitcher) is ok with you guys - then if so - you don't have any lofty goals for this season do you and if you are going by the record of last year and the fact they beat Coastal last year - the pitcher our 4th ranked hitters couldn't hit had a 4.98 ERA last year. Say what you want but chemistry is Huge in baseball and toying with the starting line up ALL three games in the season opener is just plain DUMBASS STUPID!

I got the sarcasm and liked it. Those who rush to keyboards to bash coach/team after an out of conference loss in February don't understand baseball and never will.

Reactions: braveskg08
Getting SHUTOUT by a SOCON Team at home pitching their Sunday (#3 pitcher) is ok with you guys - then if so - you don't have any lofty goals for this season do you and if you are going by the record of last year and the fact they beat Coastal last year - the pitcher our 4th ranked hitters couldn't hit had a 4.98 ERA last year. Say what you want but chemistry is Huge in baseball and toying with the starting line up ALL three games in the season opener is just plain DUMBASS STUPID!
Overreact much? FYI, this is EXACTLY the time of year you play with your lineup. When would you do it? Conference play? lol

I'm calling for the firing of Staley and Holbrook Monday morning.. and if Martin loses one more game.... you hear this Muschamp...and what about the badminton coach

Nicely done.

5ee1a18a115b4b85a928c696d1845d2e.jpg

9 of the top 15 in Div 1 Poll suffered at least one loss this weekend so we're in good company. No need to panic so early in season. Pitching was outstanding and hitting will come around.

Reactions: rogue cock
Do we call them "Bubble Teams" in baseball or "on the fence" teams?

Isn't (wasn't) Coastal a satellite team and they won the NC last year?!?
edit:
Hehe never mind, it's early. I'm with you now. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT