ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Vent: I know it's early!

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
First, I think we're better and I like the plate approach, it's just tough watching Chris Burke and KP show the SEC highlights and not one positive mention of anything we did during the game. It's just a little disheartening seeing how far we've fallen in the national elite picture! I guess I'm just spoiled, but I'm looking forward to seeing us build back up to that level!

How far off do some of you guys that know baseball think we are?

First, I think we're better and I like the plate approach, it's just tough watching Chris Burke and KP show the SEC highlights and not one positive mention of anything we did during the game. It's just a little disheartening seeing how far we've fallen in the national elite picture! I guess I'm just spoiled, but I'm looking forward to seeing us build back up to that level!

Apparently way off.

Reactions: Brace1
Afraid it would have been easier to keep the program there than to let it slip this far and try to get it back. So many places are upgrading their facility to catch up to Founders Park and so many schools are investing the resources into baseball now. Kingston is a good coach and he will do well here as long as everyone isn’t expecting Tanner 2010-2012.

Look, I’m no expert and don’t claim to be. But the best way I can express my frustration is I compare this team to our ‘10 & ‘11 teams and there just isn’t that swagger there. There isn’t that lineup of hitters that scares the opposing pitcher. Or our pitcher that the other team just hates to face. Hell, it doesn’t even have to be the CWSC teams. Just the teams we are accustomed to fielding. Whether it’s recruiting or coaching or blaming the previous staff I can’t say. All I know for sure is the machine is broken and I sure hope we have the right mechanic in place to fix it.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Afraid it would have been easier to keep the program there than to let it slip this far and try to get it back. So many places are upgrading their facility to catch up to Founders Park and so many schools are investing the resources into baseball now. Kingston is a good coach and he will do well here as long as everyone isn’t expecting Tanner 2010-2012.
We're not even close to Tanner 05-09...,considered his "down" years.

Look, I’m no expert and don’t claim to be. But the best way I can express my frustration is I compare this team to our ‘10 & ‘11 teams and there just isn’t that swagger there. There isn’t that lineup of hitters that scares the opposing pitcher. Or our pitcher that the other team just hates to face. Hell, it doesn’t even have to be the CWSC teams. Just the teams we are accustomed to fielding. Whether it’s recruiting or coaching or blaming the previous staff I can’t say. All I know for sure is the machine is broken and I sure hope we have the right mechanic in place to fix it.
That's a lot of the problem now. You just said it. You're comparing this team to the only 2 teams in school history that won a championship. That's pretty unfair considering the other hundred or so teams that never did that. Coaches are going to have a ton of pressure when they are here now as well. It's a very rare coach that can thrive on that. We'll see over time if Kingston is one.

Reactions: cockn'fyr

You'll know we're back when we can consistently take 2 of 3 from the taters and sometimes you see our fans waving brooms in the stands. The truth is had Tanner gone with Monte Lee instead of Holbroken, we would all have our brooms in the trunk of our cars ready to take through the gates for the third game of any series including Clemtech.

You'll know we're back when we can consistently take 2 of 3 from the taters and sometimes you see our fans waving brooms in the stands. The truth is had Tanner gone with Monte Lee instead of Holbroken, we would all have our brooms in the trunk of our cars ready to take through the gates for the third game of any series including Clemtech.

Good point....You must be a baseball guy or a broom salesman.

BTW "Holbroken" good one

Good point....You must be a baseball guy or a broom salesman.

BTW "Holbroken" good one
Not a broom salesman, just a frustrated cock. I'll go to church tomorrow and have to listen to: did y'all make it to the dance? What regional do y'all play in? The best coach y'all have coaches girl basketball. It's time for something to change. Amirite?

He needs to steal a series from someone we don't expect to beat. I was hoping he could pull out the Clemson series because that would get a lot of excitement back into the program. He's GOT to beat Holbrook in May though. He loses that and people's eyebrows are gonna raise.

Not a broom salesman, just a frustrated cock. I'll go to church tomorrow and have to listen to: did y'all make it to the dance? What regional do y'all play in? The best coach y'all have coaches girl basketball. It's time for something to change. Amirite?

Hard to argue with dat, you must go to church with bunch of Clemtech a-holes like me.

He needs to steal a series from someone we don't expect to beat. I was hoping he could pull out the Clemson series because that would get a lot of excitement back into the program. He's GOT to beat Holbrook in May though. He loses that and people's eyebrows are gonna raise.
I think we're on the same page. Holbroken will bring his best pitcher.

That's a lot of the problem now. You just said it. You're comparing this team to the only 2 teams in school history that won a championship. That's pretty unfair considering the other hundred or so teams that never did that. Coaches are going to have a ton of pressure when they are here now as well. It's a very rare coach that can thrive on that. We'll see over time if Kingston is one.

Read my post again. I say it doesn’t even have to be the CWSC teams.

Yes - Change churches lol

Auburn had to replace the oak trees at Toomer's Corner after they were poisoned.
Interesting way to look at it. Oak trees are members of the church that were poisoned by the kool aid being served by Clemtech.

We are only a shadow of our Championship teams. We have a long way to go. And like you, I'm very spoiled.

Still don't understand why we agreed to that game.

Holbrook couldn’t win with tanners players what makes u think Kingston can win with his own

HERE HERE!!!

We can bring brooms in but not umbrellas?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT