ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball: What does Kingston think of USC's new rules?

I hope he's thinking he'll host some top level travelball organizations and build some relationships throughout the state. Softball started something like that when their rules changed around 2010. Took my teams to several colleges and played them at their parks. It's a win/win for everyone involved and great for recruiting. Not sure baseball is the same, but if I recall, they could host three teams, play them all (and have them play each other) and it only counted as one game for the host college. BTW, got at least one girl signed everywhere we went... and this was a time when not many in-state colleges were taking in-state players. :)

I like for us to play Virginia, Texas, Miami, NC State, but that won’t happen unless it’s home and home series..
Imagine us playing Texas and Miami. Now imagine while we're doing that, clemson playing instate TB teams as I described above. In the long run, who do you think will benefit the most? For me it comes down to two choices- butts in the seats or program building. Sad thing is I'm not sure what's most important to the athletic dept. Hopefully the fall will never be about butts in the seats.

Sounds like a great way to get a good look at the players and create some excitement around fall college baseball at the same time.
Also sounds like there’s going to be some northern teams looking for somewhere down south to play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT