ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Scandal

gamecox4982

Nov 16, 2004
For some reason I have a bad feeling Carolina will get hammered and the others will get off with very little. Mark it down.

That’s how it goes. Gotta protect the “money makers”. (Duke, UNC, etc.)

Not likely. If they hammer one, they’ll have to hammer many. I’m thinking Louisville and Arizona are the standouts so far.

but this is day 2 .... many others likely to fall and anyone related in any way professionally to Lamont Evans should be worried.

Taking over $6,000 “if true” is something they should be worried about.

Not if we weren't complicit, which we weren't. The problem with this entire mess is that these vulture agents prey upon these families, many of which are in need of money. Now if you have a coach who colludes with them, then that is going to be trouble . Sean Miller seemingly did, so I think AZ gets the hammer. Lack of institutional control.

This is what the NCAA will likely have to deal with IMO-complicity. The question is if they start suspending players in advance of the dance. Doubt it.

Someone has to do so something about the agents and the shoe companies.

What in the world would they "hammer" us about? There are teams that they have evidence taking money and these teams are still playing these players daring the ncaa to do something about it. They have no evidence from what I have read that we knowingly had any players do anything wrong. It's not like we have said screw the NCAA we are playing Bowen, do something about it.

Unless at lot more comes out regarding team/school involvement, I think the NCAA will simply rule certain players ineligible to play because of taking money from an agent and a couple of teams, such as Arizona and Louisville, who have been complicit. Schools can play those players at their own risk. I heard that a couple of schools are sitting players involved. As far as the schools go....the most they will seemingly lose is forfeiting games in which an ineligible player participated. Obviously, this hurts us because I don't think Bowen will ever get cleared by the NCAA now.

Not if we weren't complicit, which we weren't. The problem with this entire mess is that these vulture agents prey upon these families, many of which are in need of money. Now if you have a coach who colludes with them, then that is going to be trouble . Sean Miller seemingly did, so I think AZ gets the hammer. Lack of institutional control.

This is what the NCAA will likely have to deal with IMO-complicity. The question is if they start suspending players in advance of the dance. Doubt it.

Someone has to do so something about the agents and the shoe companies.
BAN BASKETBALL SHOES!

A friend brought up an interesting point Sunday. What if this FBI probe also uncovers the significant corruption in Indianapolis itself? Would the NCAA have the balls to go after the schools when they, themselves, are exposed to be up to their elbows as well?

A friend brought up an interesting point Sunday. What if this FBI probe also uncovers the significant corruption in Indianapolis itself? Would the NCAA have the balls to go after the schools when they, themselves, are exposed to be up to their elbows as well?
Since the NCAA is simply representatives of the member schools, that could be ugly....very ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT