ADVERTISEMENT

BAW was according to reports rushing the QB a lot

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Tonight, I think it is a big concern with the lack of somebody stepping up and take the other DE spot.

Reactions: gacock
Maybe. But if BAW can really be a play maker and get to the QB then let him produce. He's a senior and one of our better players. As reason goes along hopefully B Jonnso , Sterling ,, Blackshear etc show up as well with experience

Maybe. But if BAW can really be a play maker and get to the QB then let him produce. He's a senior and one of our better players. As reason goes along hopefully B Jonnso , Sterling ,, Blackshear etc show up as well with experience
I would rather see him be able to cover the middle of field .

Reactions: jonesz21
Muschamp said that they would use him rushing a lot this year. Year two...we will be more aggressive.

Wasn't BAW rushing the passer as a true freshman a bunch in 2014? Playing some DE then? He should be more effective as a senior

Isn't he playing some at the Buck position this season? English played well at the Buck position last season, so I'm excited to see what Peterson can get out of BAW this season. I think BAW will be at the BUCK position on obvious passing downs when we're in our nickel defense.

I'm not an expert on all the different positions, but perhaps Skai Moore being back there at LB allows us to get more aggressive with BAW? Might be a good solution if we are lacking a pass rush at DE.

Norwood was damn good at it! The QB never knew when he was coming or where he was coming from!!:)

I'm still laughing about the time Eric came in on Matt Stafford at Sanford. Norwood was there before Stafford could fake the handoff. Loss of about 15 yards + Stafford's pride that day.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock

Reactions: vacock#
I'm still laughing about the time Eric came in on Matt Stafford at Sanford. Norwood was there before Stafford could fake the handoff. Loss of about 15 yards + Stafford's pride that day.

Go Gamecocks!!!

gacock
Yep, he faked the handoff and had his back to everybody walking away from the play. And we know he was going to throw it deep. And Norwood didn't fall for it. I can't find it on YouTube

Forget receivers I want some DE recruits that don't have to wait 3 yrs to grow into a DE body

You have to use your best players all over the field. Where they can help. Rely on your depth and other players to cover the slack and pull their weight, If you have someone that is special rushing the QB, then by Golly they need to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT