ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer, 4 yrs @ $3 mil/yr?

I just don’t put a lot of stock into North Greenville and Charleston Southern.
I understand that sentiment. It's not so much that he won X number of games. I think what it demonstrates is that even moving up in competition (DII independent to DI Big South to FCS Sun Belt) his recipe for success has worked. NGU's record under Chadwell was 2-8, 7-3, and 11-3. CSU went 10-3, 8-4, 10-3, and 7-4 under Chadwell. It's worth noting that two of their four losses in his final season were a one-score loss to perennial power NDSU in OT that was on the road and a blowout loss to FSU. They also lost by one point to Wofford that year. His record at CCU is 3-9, 5-7, and 9-0 (with games still to play).

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock

I don’t get it. BTW this is information to me. Heard rumblings about this for some time now. So I guess they consummated the deal.

Why do we do this?

We had Chadwell, Napier (that I have grown to live with) and Freeze (not a big fan of Freeze but I don’t want to judge). We go for the worst possible option? This is crap shoot! But it is so Ray.

Throwing out Monken, was that a strategic move to make fans feel good about Beamer? Bottom dwelling Carolina because of bottom dwelling decisions.

When your possible hire is met with " he's going to need really strong coordinators " you then know you must be in the middle of a SC HC search.....disfunction at its best.
Seriously? Might want to study up on how 2020 elite programs are run. One of my top 5 questions if I was interviewing would be “Who’s on your OC/DC list?” It’s that important. They are the workhorses of the program. Don’t believe me look at Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio state.

Reactions: rogue cock
Fans know nothing, as do I, but I think Shane will be a great coach here. Former players endorsing him over shit fans is enough for me, If you don't like it, go pull for the team upstate, instant winner. National championships in the past and future, you can't go wrong being a Clemson fan. It is easy, go.
#BeamerBall !!

If it is Beamer, any idea on when an announcement will be made? Seems like it is imminent.
My opinion is they are going to continue to pretend to be interested in other candidates so they can make the argument they didn't just target a career position coach from the beginning and settle on him. Of course that's exactly what they are doing imo. I believe Beamer will be here within 2 days of the Kentucky game.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Lol. Well, the good news is I have finally found a reason to stop paying attention to the coach "search." Some people are happy, others are not. Such is life.

TBS has said that this is a false report and that more candidates are to be interviewed over the next couple of days. They said that no decision has been made yet.

Reactions: PC31 and rogue cock
Wow if true Beamer will
Be the lowest paid head coach in all of football ! The muschamp buyout was not that high actually one of the lowest in the SEC, and now going cheap to hire your next coach ?
If that is in fact true it is not going cheap. 3 million is a good salary to start with. If he gets it turned around and has Carolina winning, it will not be(what you call)cheap to keep him I guarantee you. What should they do, pay 5 or 6 million to someone from the get go before they’ve done anything? That’s crazy.

Reactions: okccock
If that is in fact true it is not going cheap. 3 million is a good salary to start with. If he gets it turned around and has Carolina winning, it will not be(what you call)cheap to keep him I guarantee you. What should they do, pay 5 or 6 million to someone from the get go before they’ve done anything? That’s crazy.
No, pay a qualified coach. The fact he would be willing to accept that says everything.

My opinion is they are going to continue to pretend to be interested in other candidates so they can make the argument they didn't just target a career position coach from the beginning and settle on him. ...
TBS has said that this is a false report and that more candidates are to be interviewed over the next couple of days. They said that no decision has been made yet.
As they say up here.... you becha.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
Isn’t that the model everywhere?

Sure is. You want to check the box on HC and OC and DC. Your first big and most important check mark is HC. He's an unknown variable and could or couldn't be because no body of work. That alone puts much more pressure on getting coordinators.

If you look up the current salaries , 3 million would out Beamer at next to last ahead of only Sam Pittman at Arkansas . USC needs to shoot higher than this or settle for being where they are currently ! Pittman will surely get a raise and this will put the usc head coach at last . Not a good way to tell your fans or new coach that you are committed to winning at football !

Wow if true Beamer will
Be the lowest paid head coach in all of football ! The muschamp buyout was not that high actually one of the lowest in the SEC, and now going cheap to hire your next coach ?
First of all, CU fan, that’s not even true. Welcome to the board though, please join all your rent free friends in trollvile

If you look up the current salaries , 3 million would out Beamer at next to last ahead of only Sam Pittman at Arkansas . USC needs to shoot higher than this or settle for being where they are currently ! Pittman will surely get a raise and this will put the usc head coach at last . Not a good way to tell your fans or new coach that you are committed to winning at football !
Produce wins and future money will follow. In 5 years if he gets to where OBC was before signing out he could run for governor and have the money!

When your possible hire is met with " he's going to need really strong coordinators " you then know you must be in the middle of a SC HC search.....disfunction at its best.
Oh? Name a head coach who does not need strong offensive and defensive coordinators, please.

Reactions: rogue cock
First of all, CU fan, that’s not even true. Welcome to the board though, please join all your rent free friends in trollvile
Not making fun but it is fact ! Look up the current SEC coach salaries for yourself. Yes I am a Clemson fan but would much rather you become decent again to make our game relevant again !

...Yes I am a Clemson fan but would much rather you become decent again to make our game relevant again !
That is actually a common sentiment among my Clemson friends. Few like a blow-out after blow-out, even among the winners.

Oh? Name a head coach who does not need strong offensive and defensive coordinators, please.

You need 3 checks marked off right off bat with those hires with HC being the most important. Being he has no track record no way to ever know which puts that much more pressure the other 2. The HC however is by far the most important.

Spurrier, Cutcliffe, Saban,...I can keep going. There were times though I wished Spurrier had someone looking over his shoulder to help manage the larger picture. He got locked in so much on offense he lost focus sometimes.

Some coaches excel at one side of the ball and continue to run that side.

Spurrier, Cutcliffe, Saban,...I can keep going. There were times though I wished Spurrier had someone looking over his shoulder to help manage the larger picture. He got locked in so much on offense he lost focus sometimes.

Saban has like half of college football p5 head coaches as his pupils his whole thing is hiring exceptional coordinators

And with spurrier the hallmark of our most successful teams were solid defenses

Wrong- You don’t think Spurrier and Cutcliffe needed a DC? Defense carried our best teams when he was here! Saban needs an OC... I can keep going.

Wrong- You don’t think Spurrier and Cutcliffe needed a DC? Defense carried our best teams when he was here! Saban needs an OC... I can keep going.
The coaches that win are the ones that value team over self and absolutely despise losing. Go find that guy.

Reactions: SOSUSC

Beamer - $3 million is too much. We have no clue if the guy can coach. Just like Ray to make a Carolina hire.

ADVERTISEMENT