ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer, 4 yrs @ $3 mil/yr?

So, Tanner pays Muschamp 13 million to leave and Beamer 12 million to actually coach.

Pay him 2.5 mill and the OC and dc 2 Mill and let’s get going

I’m sure this is coming. This coach should get 5 years minimum, regardless of who we hire. We couldn’t give Muschamp, a proven loser, that kind of time but now we have to. I’d imagine the next couple of years are going to be focused on recruiting. Hopefully the assistants work out. I think Beamer was likely the best recruiter of the candidates we seriously considered. Caslen / Tanner realize what we saw on the field last night...no matter who the coach is, we are completely outmanned to compete in this conference.

Wow if true Beamer will
Be the lowest paid head coach in all of football ! The muschamp buyout was not that high actually one of the lowest in the SEC, and now going cheap to hire your next coach ?

Wow if true Beamer will
Be the lowest paid head coach in all of football ! The muschamp buyout was not that high actually one of the lowest in the SEC, and now going cheap to hire your next coach ?
Not true. 3 mil would put him right at the average salary for FBS coaches. Even this seems crazy high for a coach who has no experience and is a complete gamble.

If this is the route we go I hope he's successful. He will have do what Mack Brown has done. Hire the best minds in college football as coordinators. (Longo and Bateman)

I will watch next year but just barely.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Wow if true Beamer will
Yeah that’s usually what happens when you have to pay a buyout in a pandemic when you have a 30+ million dollar deficit in the budget.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
If its Beamer, he will need outstanding coordinators and a well-resourced recruiting effort. Can Beamer put together an elite staff, and will Tanner make the money available for salaries, incentives, and recruiting operations?

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95
This would apply to Beamer or whoever. I agree strongly with your statement. Go Cocks

I don't hate the man by any stretch, but I really, really think this is the wrong move if it is indeed the way we're going. My belief is we need a coach with a history of success as a head coach. Our football program is at an absolute crossroads that seems as though what happens with the next HC will shape the foreseeable future, and that could be a positive or negative trajectory. With that in mind, I think the smarter move would be to hire someone who has shown the ability to produce successful teams from the HC seat. And to be clear, this is why I also didn't want a successful coordinator either.

The Tanner Way...

Following Beamer's playing career, he became a graduate assistant at Georgia Tech under George O'Leary. Beamer's team was scheduled to play against his father in the 2000 Black Coaches Association Classic to open the season,[2] but the game was canceled because of lightning and Georgia Tech refused to reschedule it.[3]

From 2001 - 2003, Shane served as a graduate assistant under Phillip Fulmer at the University of Tennessee.

In 2004, Beamer was hired by Sylvester Croom at Mississippi State to coach corners where three of his players earned All-SEC Freshmen honors. In 2006, he assumed the role of recruiting coordinator and brought in a class that included former San Francisco 49ers running back Anthony Dixon.

In 2007, Shane was hired by Steve Spurrier at the University of South Carolina to coach outside linebackers and to serve as the special team coordinator.[4] In 2008, the Gamecock defense finished 2nd in pass defense and 13th in total defense nationally. His 2009 special teams unit blocked five kicks, tying for the SEC lead and ranking eighth in the nation, while the Gamecock defensive unit finished third in the SEC in total defense and fifteenth in the nation.[5]

In his final two years in Columbia, Beamer also served as recruiting coordinator for the Gamecocks. The 2009 class was ranked 12th best in the nation by Scout.com and Rivals.com and included future NFL draft picks Stephon Gillmore and Alshon Jeffery.[5]Both the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes ranked in the top 25 and included former South Carolina stars Marcus Lattimore and Connor Shaw.[5]

Beamer joined his father in Blacksburg in 2011 as the running backs coach. In his first year, he tutored the school's single season rushing record holder, All-American and ACC Player of the Year, David Wilson.[5] Wilson was subsequently drafted in the first round by the New York Giants.

Beamer accepted Wake Forest game plan information prior to Virginia Tech's game against the Demon Deacons in 2014. The information was provided by Demon Deacons radio analyst Tommy Elrod, a former Wake Forest player and assistant coach who was at the center of what became the "Wakeyleaks" scandal. Virginia Tech eventually lost the game 6-3 in overtime after a 0-0 tie in regulation. The accusations came to light in 2016 when Beamer had moved on to an assistant coach position at the University of Georgia. Beamer denies providing the information to the coaching staff or players but was fined $25,000 by Georgia for his part in the scandal.[6][7]

Beamer was hired on January 5, 2016 to serve on Kirby Smart's staff as the tight ends coach/ special teams coordinator. [8]

On January 22, 2018, the University of Oklahoma hired Beamer to be Assistant Head Coach under Lincoln Riley[9]

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
To me, Monken was the best candidate. No, he wouldn’t run the option in Columbia. If ever a program cried out for discipline and culture, SC is it. Monken definitely would install that. Beamer, not at all sure.

This is also from your hometown sports talk show. Yes , UGA did beat us badly. But it just seems tiger phil enjoys a USC lose a lot more than a USC win.

What coach needs the lottery when you have UofSC?. I should have majored in sports management then got into the bad coaching racket with Mooch, Whammy, Deke and Hoke.

If this is true see you in 5 years when SC is looking for the next coach. I hear Beamer had the best recreational flag football team head coach experience so maybe that got him the job
Bye Bye take your negative attitude with you.

I don't hate the man by any stretch, but I really, really think this is the wrong move if it is indeed the way we're going. My belief is we need a coach with a history of success as a head coach. Our football program is at an absolute crossroads that seems as though what happens with the next HC will shape the foreseeable future, and that could be a positive or negative trajectory. With that in mind, I think the smarter move would be to hire someone who has shown the ability to produce successful teams from the HC seat. And to be clear, this is why I also didn't want a successful coordinator either.

There is no candidate out there who has a history of success as a head coach. The closest one is Napier, but his history is rather short.

There is no candidate out there who has a history of success as a head coach. The closest one is Napier, but his history is rather short.
Chadwell has more experience than Napier. He is in his 11th year as a head coach, and he has been successful everywhere. The lone exception was Delta State, but he was only there one season, so we didn't get to see what he really could have done. I think it's also important to mention that 10 of his years as a HC have been in the state of SC.

Napier is just in his 3rd year as a HC, and it's at the same level Chadwell is now. Having said all this, let me be clear that I would be absolutely fine with Napier. Sadly, if this ends up being true, we will have missed on him.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Chadwell has more experience than Napier. He is in his 11th year as a head coach, and he has been successful everywhere. The lone exception was Delta State, but he was only there one season, so we didn't get to see what he really could have done. I think it's also important to mention that 10 of his years as a HC have been in the state of SC.

Napier is just in his 3rd year as a HC, and it's at the same level Chadwell is now. Having said all this, let me be clear that I would be absolutely fine with Napier. Sadly, if this ends up being true, we will have missed on him.

I just don’t put a lot of stock into North Greenville and Charleston Southern.

ADVERTISEMENT