ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Ball??

Rogerdodger95

Oct 9, 2012
Beamer ball?? I Don’t see it. Ineptitude. I see plenty of that. I would argue that our offense is worse than it was last year. That’s pretty hard to do. At least we ran the ball well last year. Even if we did nothing else well. Beamer talks a great game. I see nothing on the field that backs it up. Beamer and Satterfield are in over their heads. The offense has been a train wreck.

Beamer ball.....a moniker used for his daddy's special teams 20 years ago that has been hung on him. As far as his coaches? Not exactly like any assistants with decent jobs were wanting to come to Columbia. Kind of had to take who he could get.

Beamer ball.....a moniker used for his daddy's special teams 20 years ago that has been hung on him. As far as his coaches? Not exactly like any assistants with decent jobs were wanting to come to Columbia. Kind of had to take who he could get.
I wanna know how Arkansas’s head coach who was an OL coach could get better assistants than Beamer.

Agreed. I don’t know that Shane has played up “Beamer Ball”. It has been the ‘media boys’ and play-by-play guys with all of that talk.

I wanna know how Arkansas’s head coach who was an OL coach could get better assistants than Beamer.
Have you seen our fans and our administration? They want to lose with class rather than win with lesser reputations. We would never hire a Briles. I saw fans saying they wouldnt pull for us if we did. We are just pitiful. I think Tebow should be our coach. That would make everyone happy.

Beamer ball?? I Don’t see it. Ineptitude. I see plenty of that. I would argue that our offense is worse than it was last year. That’s pretty hard to do. At least we ran the ball well last year. Even if we did nothing else well. Beamer talks a great game. I see nothing on the field that backs it up. Beamer and Satterfield are in over their heads. The offense has been a train wreck.
What got Dabo on track was he cut ties with underperforming assistants quick several times until he got the right recipe

Have you seen our fans and our administration? They want to lose with class rather than win with lesser reputations. We would never hire a Briles. I saw fans saying they wouldnt pull for us if we did. We are just pitiful. I think Tebow should be our coach. That would make everyone happy.

Yep, this board is a great example. I’ve never seen so many people whistling past the football graveyard in my life.

They keep doubling down on the same tired, failed strategy of grabbing the ankles for the power brokers at USC.

Special Teams has been much better coached this year, very obvious. Secondary is coached much better with with much much much less talent, then last year, defenses overall much better coached in 2021, offensive line and offense is where improvements need to be made.
I agree with most but we haven't faced a passing attack yet. I have a feeling it will change your mind on our secondary. I hope I'm wrong though. We should know after the TN game.

Then WTF did we pay $15 million to get rid of a coach only to have more of the same? Or maybe even worse?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Why would you think Beamer could do better? Pittman has been around the coaching industry longer and was considered the best Oline coach in the country. Pittman also has a great relationship with Barry Odom. The man worked his way from nothing to something.

Beamer was born on 3rd base. He is where he is because of his last name. He has never been considered the best at anything he has done. He is just Frank's boy like Derek Dooley was Vince's boy.

It also helps that Arkansas is a wealthier university, has wealthier boosters, and a much much better AD

Trainee coach no other power five school would even consider. Toss in our 1aa level coaching staff and we got long term problems.
Just my opinion.
Actually, there is nothing inherently wrong with a 'trainee coach'. Sam Pittman at Arkansas wears the same moniker. HOWEVER, Sam knew that his success, and the success of the Razorbacks, would depend upon his coaching staff more so than upon him. He hired an excellent staff and is reaping the benefits.

When Beamer was hired he promised us homerun hires for his staff. But the homeruns said no thank you, have a nice day. So we got who we got. Was not very impressive.

Coaches are like every other profession. Most of these guys worked their ways up from very low level positions. Most involved in CFB came from positions in life where they worked their butts off to get out of poverty.

These guys see a man in Beamer who are not like them and was handed everything due to his last name. Beamer can't understand their struggles.

Think about your job and if you have ever had that boss who only got that job because of who he knew or what his name was. These guys never earn the respect of employees right away. Many are way in over their head. It is those grinders who can relate to their employees who tend to get the most respect

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Special Teams has been much better coached this year, very obvious. Secondary is coached much better with with much much much less talent, then last year, defenses overall much better coached in 2021, offensive line and offense is where improvements need to be made.
Yes, overall the defense is much better under White than the so-called guru Muschamp. I think we are just going to have to see how this season plays out. It is still possible that Satterfield and Atkins will figure things out now that Doty is back.

We held Kentucky to 16 points. Got 3 turnovers.

Coaches are like every other profession. Most of these guys worked their ways up from very low level positions. Most involved in CFB came from positions in life where they worked their butts off to get out of poverty.

These guys see a man in Beamer who are not like them and was handed everything due to his last name. Beamer can't understand their struggles.

Think about your job and if you have ever had that boss who only got that job because of who he knew or what his name was. These guys never earn the respect of employees right away. Many are way in over their head. It is those grinders who can relate to their employees who tend to get the most respect
Absolute BS. Beamer wasn’t handed anything.

He's too inconsistent for me so far. Now, is that because he's still not 100% or rusty or young and inexperienced? Or is it due in part to Satterfield's crappy offense? Some or all of the above? I don't know.

So i guess I'll reserve judgment for a little while.
He needs to be given a fair chance. I agree that he was not given anything and has paid his dues to be a Head Coach. Anyone that expected a great change from last seasons wins was just setting themselves up for disappointment. He wanted to be here which is something many others did not and would not have done. I support him and hope he is successful and can make the hard decisions on the OC if needed. It's what a Head Coach is supposed to do. I hope and pray that his dream job does not turn out to be a nightmare for us all.

Why would you think Beamer could do better? Pittman has been around the coaching industry longer and was considered the best Oline coach in the country. Pittman also has a great relationship with Barry Odom. The man worked his way from nothing to something.

Beamer was born on 3rd base. He is where he is because of his last name. He has never been considered the best at anything he has done. He is just Frank's boy like Derek Dooley was Vince's boy.

It also helps that Arkansas is a wealthier university, has wealthier boosters, and a much much better AD

“Derek Dooley”

OUCH!!!!!!!

Way too early for such aspersions!! LMAO.

But, ‘Ol Dooley was a coordinator and a really great guy to boot. So, they have at least one of those things in common too.

Same as last year????

We were down 35-3 in the 3rd quarter....I think you have to be a complete moron to think Shane did not do a much better job against what is supposedly a better UK team than muschamp did. Got to be some clemturds on this thread or we have some really dumb fans.

Offensive woes no doubt, but you can't blame the offense on shane and not credit him for the defense.

Hell, I thought we were gonna come back and win...under muschamp, teams won going away.

Reactions: WingchunCock
“I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.”
― Margaret Thatcher

Why did we hire the coach that Florida fired for losing to us?

That, forever bugs the shit out of me.

Don't forget in that win over Florida in 2014, we blocked a 32-yard field goal attempt that would have given the Gators a 10-point lead with a little more than 3 minutes to play and we also blocked a punt with 39 seconds left, setting up the game-tying touchdown.

We blocked two kicks blocked with 3:30 to play.

So what do we do?, we allow Muschamp get rid of our special teams coach and hire the one from Florida in that game, Coleman Hutzler, when you see stuff like that you know your AD isn't really following much on the football front or paying attention or understanding.

Then when you see these articles on emails and you see an assistant AD checking twitter and social media for "hot names" and that is your list of candidates, it kind of confirms Tanner has no clue when it comes to football, he is a baseball guy after all.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DetroitCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT