ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer names Doty starter...QB competition not close

Are you implying brown has a drinking problem?
So that's the only thing you know about Leaf. I trend towards not speaking personally about people who I don't know personally. I believe I referred to Leaf having more arm talent than Peyton. I also believe you knew that yet still asked a silly question.

So that's the only thing you know about Leaf. I trend towards not speaking personally about people who I don't know personally. I believe I referred to Leaf having more arm talent than Peyton. I also believe you knew that yet still asked a silly question.
I know he also had injuries and such and I dont think anyone is saying Jason is more talented to Doty, is just a more polished passer. If anything, Peyton is more like Brown, not as strong arm but knows where to throw and has great timing. Ryan Leaf was also more athletic than Peyton which Doty is way more than Brown.

Thats why your comparison is so weird.

Reactions: john8220
I know he also had injuries and such and I dont think anyone is saying Jason is more talented to Doty, is just a more polished passer. If anything, Peyton is more like Brown, not as strong arm but knows where to throw and has great timing. Ryan Leaf was also more athletic than Peyton which Doty is way more than Brown.

Thats why your comparison is so weird.
So again you missed the arm talent comparison and leadership comparison. When comparing Leaf to Manning, Leaf (Brown) better arm than Manning (Doty). Leadership Doty is ahead right now also a trait that Manning possessed over Leaf. I was very clear in what I was comparing. You are adding in all these other factors that weren't mentioned.

On one end of the spectrum, you have the head coach saying that Doty is so far ahead of the other QBs that something would have to totally change for him to lose the starting job.

On the other end, you have fans saying that Brown was clearly the more polished QB and Doty very obviously did not pass the eye test and was not comfortable out there.

Well as fans we can only discuss what we have seen. All last year they spoke about how Hill was the clear cut leader and it did not appear to go very well.

If we only relied on what the coaches said, it would not be much of a forum.

I think its pretty evident Doty struggled to pass the ball at the spring game against a secondary worse than most that we will see this season, in a very base defense.

He was not able to read the defense in a (mostly) very vanilla cover three approach.

Well as fans we can only discuss what we have seen. All last year they spoke about how Hill was the clear cut leader and it did not appear to go very well.

If we only relied on what the coaches said, it would not be much of a forum.

I think its pretty evident Doty struggled to pass the ball at the spring game against a secondary worse than most that we will see this season, in a very base defense.

He was not able to read the defense in a (mostly) very vanilla cover three approach.

So you think Beamer should be fired?

So you think Beamer should be fired?
Why do you think that? He hasnt even named the starter for the first game yet and they havent played a first game.

He could be just keeping Doty as the starter to keep his confidence up and install Brown later on closer to the first game.

He could have a short leash the first game if Doty doesnt perform

He could plan on giving both QBs shared snaps until one shows they perform better in the system.

Thats a kind of bold jump of logic there

Why do you think that? He hasnt even named the starter for the first game yet and they havent played a first game.

He could be just keeping Doty as the starter to keep his confidence up and install Brown later on closer to the first game.

He could have a short leash the first game if Doty doesnt perform

He could plan on giving both QBs shared snaps until one shows they perform better in the system.

Thats a kind of bold jump of logic there

Beamer is making $2.75 million per year. I assume you have no major college coaching experience. Yet you can ascertain from 7 snaps things about Doty's game that Beamer could not ascertain from hundreds of spring practice snaps. You think we should retain a coach who cannot pick up on things that you claim are obvious to even the most casual of fans? You're very emphatic that Doty's deficiencies are plainly obvious, but Beamer hasn't apparently noticed them.

Beamer is making $2.75 million per year. I assume you have no major college coaching experience. Yet you can ascertain from 7 snaps things about Doty's game that Beamer could not ascertain from hundreds of spring practice snaps. You think we should retain a coach who cannot pick up on things that you claim are obvious to even the most casual of fans? You're very emphatic that Doty's deficiencies are plainly obvious, but Beamer hasn't apparently noticed them.
Well considering that Bobo is thought of a highly regarded Offensive Coordinator and he trotted out Hill last year - I do not think that is the end all be all.

I think people have blind spots - I think they really want Doty to succeed for a lot of reasons (Stability for 3-4 years, Leader, Athleticism, Hard Work, Home State Kid) and hope he will "click" and develop as a passer.

Alot of teams start QBs at the beginning of the year and end up switching. Literally happens every year for one reason or another. Doty could be a fantastic practice player for example but, it was clear as day Brown was the better passer on Sunday.

Idk a lot of Doty’s completions weren’t the best reads (the two two to dak) one was barely above a pair of line backers which was very reminiscent of his pick to mizzou and the other was in triple coverage that an sec secondary probably picks off

the first pass to dak he also had ej on a similar route but much more open for yac

I actually can’t think of a pass past the los that a wr had any yac

both of those players there were much more wide open options
The one to Dak in tight coverage was perfectly placed, it wouldn't get picked without tighter coverage by the nickel regardless of the defense.

Has anyone pointed out that the big pass Brown had to Caldwell (who I want to breakout this year) only happened because JJ pulled up early on his passrush?

• Haha
Again?
7:17, 52 rushing the passer, 89 receiving. Enagbare beats his man and stops running because he thinks it's gonna be whistled.
Oh I thought you meant the big play, might have still gotten it off. He was the only Qb that didn’t get sacked. Was a quick decision and release, much quicker than Doty’s

but that’s interesting because everyone informed me that he only threw his passes against walk ons and third stringers

Oh I thought you meant the big play, might have still gotten it off. He was the only Qb that didn’t get sacked. Was a quick decision and release, much quicker than Doty’s

but that’s interesting because everyone informed me that he only threw his passes against walk ons and third stringers
Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT