ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

I was going to post the same thing.

I assume you were listening to Dan Patrick's guest covering Oklahoma? When he said that he thought Beamer would have already been named head coach if he were still on staff, I was pretty surprised. I think that news by itself gives me more hope for the future that he'll get it done if he was that highly thought of at OU.

Per SportsLine, Vegas odds on the next Oklahoma head football coach:

• Brent Venables +400
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000

Reactions: PC31
As much as I think we all appreciate the attention from others…I know I feel good when a lady gives me a look. However, I am almost certain that Coach Beamer had no plans to leave us. He has worked so hard, and he knows his players want to play for him. He could never leave that.

I do respect Oklahoma’s desire to see if he would entertain the thought. But, Coach Beamer isn’t looking for a new contract or a new job. He is looking for football players who want to win some championships!

Can you provide a link, Tater?

Expect Clempson fans the world over to drive this non-rumor rumor as hard as they possibly can to try to hurt Beamer's recruiting. Don't engage.
I heard it too. Jay Philips opened the Halftime Show with it. He was quoting the Oklahoma reporter already mentioned on the Dan Patrick Show.

Reactions: rogue cock
Per SportsLine, Vegas odds on the next Oklahoma head football coach:

• Brent Venables +400
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000

Sucks that Clemson's DC has a better chance than our head coach. Maybe Beamer overachieved this year too early. Would suck to see him leave for Oklahoma.

Can you provide a link, Tater?

Expect Clempson fans the world over to drive this non-rumor rumor as hard as they possibly can to try to hurt Beamer's recruiting. Don't engage.
Just driving and listening to sports talk in Charlotte and they were talking about it. First time in a decade I've been called a tater. Guess I've earned my stripes lol.

Reactions: PC31
I was going to post the same thing.

I assume you were listening to Dan Patrick's guest covering Oklahoma? When he said that he thought Beamer would have already been named head coach if he were still on staff, I was pretty surprised. I think that news by itself gives me more hope for the future that he'll get it done if he was that highly thought of at OU.
Not to drag you back down, but Muschamp was once considered the head coach in waiting at Texas. Then again, OU has proven itself to be a far, far better program than Texas over the last 15 or so years, so maybe they do know what they're talking about.

Just driving and listening to sports talk in Charlotte and they were talking about it. First time in a decade I've been called a tater. Guess I've earned my stripes lol.
My point still stands.....Gamecock fans should be doing nothing to give this ridiculous non-rumor oxygen as it will only damage any recruiting momentum Beamer has established.

Not to drag you back down, but Muschamp was once considered the head coach in waiting at Texas. Then again, OU has proven itself to be a far, far better program than Texas over the last 15 or so years, so maybe they do know what they're talking about.
Oklahoma doesn’t just hand the keys over to anyone. They’ve only had, what, 2 coaches in 21/22 years? Texas has had 4 or 5 since then.

I've always heard that Venables doesn't want to be a head coach fwiw
He certainly doesn't seem to have any interest. His alma mater, Kansas State, had probably the best chance to hire him away and he still didn't budge. I think he enjoys getting paid a king's ransom while only having to focus on one side of the ball and not deal with any of the BS that a head coach does (plus I believe he has a kid or two at Clemson). He's not going anywhere, unfortunately.

And if Shane shows the slightest interest (even in just talking to OK), he loses a lot of credibility with some of the things he said when hired. Just saying.

He certainly doesn't seem to have any interest. His alma mater, Kansas State, had probably the best chance to hire him away and he still didn't budge. I think he enjoys getting paid a king's ransom while only having to focus on one side of the ball and not deal with any of the BS that a head coach does (plus I believe he has a kid or two at Clemson). He's not going anywhere, unfortunately.
Snyder stepped in and said he wouldn't leave peacefully if they hired Venables to replace him

Reactions: rogue cock
As much as I think we all appreciate the attention from others…I know I feel good when a lady gives me a look. However, I am almost certain that Coach Beamer had no plans to leave us. He has worked so hard, and he knows his players want to play for him. He could never leave that.

I do respect Oklahoma’s desire to see if he would entertain the thought. But, Coach Beamer isn’t looking for a new contract or a new job. He is looking for football players who want to win some championships!
He (Beamer) would leave tomorrow if they offered him the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT