ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer with a 2nd Welcome Home?????

Impossible, the geniuses on this very forum have told us all week our recruiting sucks and that recruiting was basically already over (in JUNE), the rash of official visits would not matter and Beamer was in over his head…. no way we landed two guys in one day! That would mean…. All these blowhards are just full of $&!t!?!? 😲

Impossible, the geniuses on this very forum have told us all week our recruiting sucks and that recruiting was basically already over (in JUNE), the rash of official visits would not matter and Beamer was in over his head…. no way we landed two guys in one day! That would mean…. All these blowhards are just full of $&!t!?!? 😲
I'm at a loss as to how some people's minds work.

Wait. Are we really bragging about loading up on 3 star recruits?

Reactions: SOSUSC
Wait. Are we really bragging about loading up on 3 star recruits?
Nobody is bragging, just pointing out that the recruiting season is just getting going and the multiple dumbasses who posted about how awful our recruiting is NOW, in JUNE- are just that, Dumbasses. Present company not excluded.

Nobody is bragging, just pointing out that the recruiting season is just getting going and the multiple dumbasses who posted about how awful our recruiting is NOW, in JUNE- are just that, Dumbasses. Present company not excluded.

Reality is anyone that comes to a message board offering opinions will be right or wrong some of the time. My advice is to not get too high or low on any of it....and this is coming from someone who never posted anything about recruiting.

You or I don’t have to look too far in the past to find a good or a bad post. It is what it is.

"It's too early to be trashing Beamer's recruiting!!"

"It's too early to be trashing the Beamer trashers!!"

Hey, isn't it too early to be trashing the Beamer-trasher trashers???

Thread Watch.

No reason to put down a high school kid, who just committed to us. We've always gotten many 3 star kids. Let's see what the coaches can do with them

We've always gotten many 3 star kids. Think about that one for a second. That should be a cause for concern.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Do you think our recruiting is going to get better? Or are we going to hover around 40th best class in the country?

I didn't view him as putting down a high school kid. 3 Stars can be awesome, both because recruiting analysts aren't very good at their jobs (since they largely rate players based on who's pursuing them and rarely see most of them play), and because how some kid is at 15 has little relevance to how good he'll be at 20.

I view him as taking a shot at the guy who's super high on Beamer and trying to rub people who don't believe in Beamer's noses in it because he's landed 5 3 Stars. All five kids could be amazing (I think Westmoreland looks phenomenal), and this isn't a shot at any of them. It's just strange to use signing 5 3 Stars as evidence of Beamer's recruiting prowess and start celebrating, especially when South Carolina is currently twelfth in the recruiting rankings in the SEC. Obviously, that might change. Alabama is at 13 and Clemson at 25 (Rutgers is 6 for crying out loud). But it seems early for trashtalking the Beamer nay-sayers.
I disagree with your view. Anyone who tries to pour water on a positive thread about recruiting by implying a commit is not a good one because he is “just a three star” is both ignorant as to how recruiting works and literally trashing a kid who just committed to play for us and try to make our team better. This goes back to Muschamp’s days and Spurrier’s days and beyond and has absolutely nothing to do with Shane Beamer. The guys who committed to us have good measurables, were recruited by other schools from the SEC- many of comparable/better lineage and are just as likely to be successful as comparable athletes who were given that coveted extra star that is seemingly the only thing some people look at when they talk about recruiting. There is nothing negative about these commitments except for asshats on a forum who know nothing about sports dragging them for “only” having 3 stars beside their names instead of celebrating a positive trend in our recruiting after the first couple of weeks of having kids on campus since Covid started. Confirmation bias is strong though, and it convinces people there is a narrative in play even when there is not one- it is so strong in fact it leads to many “fans” ultimately rooting against their own team and the potential success of a new coach simply so they can prove themselves right in saying he would fail.

I disagree with your view. Anyone who tries to pour water on a positive thread about recruiting by implying a commit is not a good one because he is “just a three star” is both ignorant as to how recruiting works and literally trashing a kid who just committed to play for us and try to make our team better. This goes back to Muschamp’s days and Spurrier’s days and beyond and has absolutely nothing to do with Shane Beamer. The guys who committed to us have good measurables, were recruited by other schools from the SEC- many of comparable/better lineage and are just as likely to be successful as comparable athletes who were given that coveted extra star that is seemingly the only thing some people look at when they talk about recruiting. There is nothing negative about these commitments except for asshats on a forum who know nothing about sports dragging them for “only” having 3 stars beside their names instead of celebrating a positive trend in our recruiting after the first couple of weeks of having kids on campus since Covid started. Confirmation bias is strong though, and it convinces people there is a narrative in play even when there is not one- it is so strong in fact it leads to many “fans” ultimately rooting against their own team and the potential success of a new coach simply so they can prove themselves right in saying he would fail.
But these kids don’t have the same measurable as kids with four and five stars. That’s why they’re 3 star kids with fewer offers from elite programs.

You’re either trolling or being naive to think a three star is suddenly better because Beamer recruited him instead of Muschamp or Spurrier.

I think most people know you don't win SEC championships, when your team is predominantly made up of 3 stars.

I think most people know you don't win SEC championships, when your team is predominantly made up of 3 stars.
I think most people also know you don’t land the best recruits in nation with our history, especially the recent past. If your expectation is to win the SEC in the next year or two, you are setting yourself up for failure. Our staff is in a dee rebuild and it will take some time- we need to show progress, continue to improve the culture here and the recruits will come. I hvae faith in this staff ti recruit but they have to produce results on the field to get attention from elite recruits. Muschamp landed more 5* players than any coach in our history and never sniffed the SEC Championship. We need to get the best we can get, win some games, and get ourselves moving in the right direction. The talent we are getting commits from thus far look good enough to take that first step IMO. If we start strong this season- and our schedule sets up to allow for that- I expect we win some recruiting battles during the season that will surprise people. Then if we show more improvement the following season, we can continue to build on that. That is how we did it before under Spurrier- and SHANE- and that is what I want from this staff. The star rankings of individuals concern me less than the momentum we can grab this season if we take steps in the right direction. Two recruits committing in one day after a hard couple of weeks of hosting visitors are a good sign.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I think most people also know you don’t land the best recruits in nation with our history, especially the recent past. If your expectation is to win the SEC in the next year or two, you are setting yourself up for failure. Our staff is in a dee rebuild and it will take some time- we need to show progress, continue to improve the culture here and the recruits will come. I hvae faith in this staff ti recruit but they have to produce results on the field to get attention from elite recruits. Muschamp landed more 5* players than any coach in our history and never sniffed the SEC Championship. We need to get the best we can get, win some games, and get ourselves moving in the right direction. The talent we are getting commits from thus far look good enough to take that first step IMO. If we start strong this season- and our schedule sets up to allow for that- I expect we win some recruiting battles during the season that will surprise people. Then if we show more improvement the following season, we can continue to build on that. That is how we did it before under Spurrier- and SHANE- and that is what I want from this staff. The star rankings of individuals concern me less than the momentum we can grab this season if we take steps in the right direction. Two recruits committing in one day after a hard couple of weeks of hosting visitors are a good sign.
This is Beamer's second recruiting class. If he doesn't finish in the top 25. We're going backwards in the SEC. Eight or Nine teams will finish ahead of us in recruiting. Until we start recruiting in the top ten, I have no expectations of winning the SEC it doesn't matter what year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This is Beamer's second recruiting class. If he doesn't finish in the top 25.
Yup....
Until Shane finishes in the Top 25 final coaches poll, I don't expect the recruiting to elevate.
Shane Beamer is going to have to find a way to recruit through winning games and proving to recruits that "welcome home" is more than a nifty slogan.
Just win....

This is Beamer's second recruiting class. If he doesn't finish in the top 25. We're going backwards in the SEC. Eight or Nine teams will finish ahead of us in recruiting. Until we start recruiting in the top ten, I have no expectations of winning the SEC it doesn't matter what year.
Technically it is, but in reality it’s 1.5. He hasn’t even coached a single game here yet.

He literally was given the job a couple days before the initial signing period and spent most of his time and energy focused on transfers in what little time he had to focus on finishing the last class. To say this is his second class and he needs to finish ___ or else is utter BS. He has not coached a single game nor signed hardly a single HS recruit of his own yet, and he is “going backwards” if he does not meet your made up metric? Ridiculous.

He literally was given the job a couple days before the initial signing period and spent most of his time and energy focused on transfers in what little time he had to focus on finishing the last class. To say this is his second class and he needs to finish ___ or else is utter BS. He has not coached a single game nor signed hardly a single HS recruit of his own yet, and he is “going backwards” if he does not meet your made up metric? Ridiculous.you

He literally was given the job a couple days before the initial signing period and spent most of his time and energy focused on transfers in what little time he had to focus on finishing the last class. To say this is his second class and he needs to finish ___ or else is utter BS. He has not coached a single game nor signed hardly a single HS recruit of his own yet, and he is “going backwards” if he does not meet your made up metric? Ridiculous.
Josh Heupel's first class ranked 22nd and he had less time than Beamer. Georgia,Florida, and Tennessee are gonna finish in the top 15 in recruiting. We don't finish in the Top 25. We're not making any progress on those 3.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Josh Heupel's first class ranked 22nd and he had less time than Beamer. Georgia,Florida, and Tennessee are gonna finish in the top 15 in recruiting. We don't finish in the Top 25. We're not making any progress on those 3.
Pruitt wasn’t fired until AFTER the early signing period. That kept most of Tennessee’s class intact. Not a fair comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT