ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer with a 2nd Welcome Home?????

He literally was given the job a couple days before the initial signing period and spent most of his time and energy focused on transfers in what little time he had to focus on finishing the last class. To say this is his second class and he needs to finish ___ or else is utter BS. He has not coached a single game nor signed hardly a single HS recruit of his own yet, and he is “going backwards” if he does not meet your made up metric? Ridiculous.

So at what point will it be fair to have standards for Beamer?

Pruitt wasn’t fired until AFTER the early signing period. That kept most of Tennessee’s class intact. Not a fair comparison.
Okay..I give you that. But we are currently ranked dead last in the East in recruiting according 247sports.

This is Beamer's second recruiting class. If he doesn't finish in the top 25. We're going backwards in the SEC. Eight or Nine teams will finish ahead of us in recruiting. Until we start recruiting in the top ten, I have no expectations of winning the SEC it doesn't matter what year.

So you are really going to lay the last class on him (good or bad)?

This year. Honestly trying to grade someone on recruiting without a single game under their belt is stupid.
The person I responded to said we couldn’t judge this upcoming class and that will be signed after a full season of games.

This is Beamer's second recruiting class. If he doesn't finish in the top 25. We're going backwards in the SEC. Eight or Nine teams will finish ahead of us in recruiting. Until we start recruiting in the top ten, I have no expectations of winning the SEC it doesn't matter what year.
Give me a break. He just started with a team that went 2-8 and very little history. SOS fought like hell when he first got here with marginal success. Be a realest. It will take some time even if he had a great winning record. Which he doesn't.

Give me a break. He just started with a team that went 2-8 and very little history. SOS fought like hell when he first got here with marginal success. Be a realest. It will take some time even if he had a great winning record. Which he doesn't.
Spurrier’s first recruiting class ranked 18th, which he had time to recruit. Muschamp second recruiting class ranked 21st. He had time to recruit.
Beamer will have plenty of time to recruit his second signing class. Right now he's not turning any heads with his recruiting.

Never amazes me how some of you don’t recognize the same trolls who are on here daily yet still actually respond to them .

Never amazes me how some of you don’t recognize the same trolls who are on here daily yet still actually respond to them .

It amaze me how you continue sunshine pump the state of are football program. But I give you credit, you pumped your Sunshine to the bitter end with Muschamp.

Spurrier’s first recruiting class ranked 18th, which he had time to recruit. Muschamp second recruiting class ranked 21st. He had time to recruit.
Beamer will have plenty of time to recruit his second signing class. Right now he's not turning any heads with his recruiting.
He may not be turning heads with recruiting, but as others have mentioned, it’s June. We can be hopeful and optimistic about the kids coming for camps and visits. The staff’s coaching abilities are yet to be seen. Their recruiting efforts, so far, can’t be questioned. They are recruiting talented players

He may not be turning heads with recruiting, but as others have mentioned, it’s June. We can be hopeful and optimistic about the kids coming for camps and visits. The staff’s coaching abilities are yet to be seen. Their recruiting efforts, so far, can’t be questioned. They are recruiting talented players
Recruiting typically involves getting them to sign with you. Not just offering and having them come by campus.

You and I don't agree on the above point (whether people are trashing the recruits), but I do fully agree with you here. I am not a fan of Beamer, and I vocally opposed his hire during the hiring process (he wasn't even in my top 10 candidates because I saw no evidence that he could be a head coach and his selling points were that he really wanted the job and he'd sat in the same room with some good coaches). But, like him or not, he's the choice, and I hope he's successful.

He had no shot to sign any recruits last year, since he took over a couple days before the early signing deadline, was in a dead period with covid so couldn't heavily recruit, and the entire athletic program seemed to be imploding to most observers. I think he did the best he could reasonably be expected to. And rebuilding takes time and patience. The other USC and Texas are the top schools in the two most talented football states, and neither have been able to fully rebuild because of lack of patience of the alums. Beamer is going to need some slack. This is the first chance he's had to really recruit now that it's opening back up. Because South Carolina isn't an extremely talented football state and most top recruits come from California, Texas, Southern Florida, etc., visiting is extremely important for recruits, and the covid dead period hit SC schools harder than most. Even Clemson's recruiting hasn't been incredibly dominant thus far (they have four recruits). If they've struggled, when they can virtually guarantee recruits that they'll compete for national championships, win 3 or 4 ACC titles, and get drafted, then it is absolutely ridiculous to expect Beamer, who took over a decimated program, to suddenly be signing all these 5 Stars.
That is fair- agree with the hire or not, taking every opportunity to make the man look bad before he has signed a full class of his own or even coached a single game is disingenuous at best. I understand why some people have doubts about the hire, but he IS our coach now and those making up narratives to constantly bash him and our program are not helping. This is where we are, and we better hope he can get it done. Personally I feel he had success recruiting here during his first tenure and he is making changes to the program and the culture that I approve of. We won’t know for a couple years if these changes will pay off. Our fans should be willing to at least take a wait and see approach and give him time to try before attacking him.

Again, not ONE game has been played. This BS is getting old.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Of course the end goal is a commitment and signing. They typically don’t commit without an offer or a visit.
Are you seriously trying to give credit to coaches for offering players? Something that applies to every coach at any school?

I fear what rock bottom looks like if these are the arguments people are using.

That is fair- agree with the hire or not, taking every opportunity to make the man look bad before he has signed a full class of his own or even coached a single game is disingenuous at best. I understand why some people have doubts about the hire, but he IS our coach now and those making up narratives to constantly bash him and our program are not helping. This is where we are, and we better hope he can get it done. Personally I feel he had success recruiting here during his first tenure and he is making changes to the program and the culture that I approve of. We won’t know for a couple years if these changes will pay off. Our fans should be willing to at least take a wait and see approach and give him time to try before attacking him.
We don’t have years to wait and see if he’s going to be successful. He has to show some
improvement in this first two years or we are just digging ourselves into a deeper hole.

Reactions: Lakecock1
We don’t have years to wait and see if he’s going to be successful. He has to show some
improvement in this first two years or we are just digging ourselves into a deeper hole.
2-8 wasn’t rock bottom for you? We made a needed change. Let’s get through the season and then assess where we are.

You’re disparaging Beamer and saying offers are irrelevant. Players dont sign without an offer. You’re the stupid one.
Please give me a list of coaches who don’t offer 4 and 5 star players.

The fact people are even trying to use this circular argument shows how bad our coaching situation is at the moment.

The fact people are even trying to use this circular argument shows how bad our coaching situation is at the moment.
Stupid is ( you) saying Beamer is responsible for the first class he basically was forced to sign. You dont maintain good relationships with high school coaches by pulling offers.

Stupid is ( you) saying Beamer is responsible for the first class he basically was forced to sign. You dont maintain good relationships with high school coaches by pulling offers.
I’m saying he’s responsible for THIS class.

I understand the disadvantage he had in the 2021 class.

Right after you provide the list of 4-5 star players signing with 2-8 teams.

I mean if you’re going to make an idiotic argument, you might as well go all in. I’m guessing you don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point you’re trolling so much.

Reactions: BlueCord86
There are people on here who would complain if Vince Lombardi were reincarnated and became our coach.

I mean if you’re going to make an idiotic argument, you might as well go all in. I’m guessing you don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point you’re trolling so much.
Looks like you’re talking to the mirror. You’re blaming Beamer for not getting 4-5 star recruits without a single game being played and when I point out most 4-5 star recruits don’t sign with 2-8 teams you accuse me of trolling. Maybe a remedial course in English comprehension would do you some good.

Muschamp had a tendency to recruit/find a lot of 3* guys who wound up getting the 4* bump. Then the bulk of them signed with a different program. Yes, he went after higher rated guys, but seemed to pride his and his staff’s work finding talented guys who hadn’t received the publicity yet.

Maybe it’s just me, but Beamer and his staff seem to be casting a wider net. We seem to be hosting a higher number of talented guys, and so far we seem to be making a good impression.

Some of you need to chill a bit. He took over a struggling, less than mediocre program that was in serious need of revamping, with essentially very little recuiting time left before last signing day.

He’s had one Spring practice period under his belt. We’ve just begun seeing players on campus. He seems to be doing a better job selling our facilities, and seems to be pushing hard for culture change....with positive reviews from recruits.

None of that matters if our players quit the first time they get punched in the mouth in the first game, but until then he deserves the benefit of doubt.

Looks like you’re talking to the mirror. You’re blaming Beamer for not getting 4-5 star recruits without a single game being played and when I point out most 4-5 star recruits don’t sign with 2-8 teams you accuse me of trolling. Maybe a remedial course in English comprehension would do you some good.
Changing the goalposts again. You were the one arguing that offering a 4-5 star player is deserving of the same credit as signing a 4-5 star player.

Obviously a troll on your part.

Reactions: BlueCord86
Muschamp had a tendency to recruit/find a lot of 3* guys who wound up getting the 4* bump. Then the bulk of them signed with a different program. Yes, he went after higher rated guys, but seemed to pride his and his staff’s work finding talented guys who hadn’t received the publicity yet.

Maybe it’s just me, but Beamer and his staff seem to be casting a wider net. We seem to be hosting a higher number of talented guys, and so far we seem to be making a good impression.

Some of you need to chill a bit. He took over a struggling, less than mediocre program that was in serious need of revamping, with essentially very little recuiting time left before last signing day.

He’s had one Spring practice period under his belt. We’ve just begun seeing players on campus. He seems to be doing a better job selling our facilities, and seems to be pushing hard for culture change....with positive reviews from recruits.

None of that matters if our players quit the first time they get punched in the mouth in the first game, but until then he deserves the benefit of doubt.
The problem is that's mostly just you. Muschamp would have loved to sign the elite guys, but it's so hard to do here.

I'm not going to fault Beamer for the last class, but the problem is he's on pace to sign a worse class than any of Muschamp's.

Changing the goalposts again. You were the one arguing that offering a 4-5 star player is deserving of the same credit as signing a 4-5 star player.

Obviously a troll on your part.
Wrong. I said offering was the first step. You really need to keep track of your posts. You’re trolling so much you don’t know who posted what.

Wrong. I said offering was the first step. You really need to keep track of your posts. You’re trolling so much you don’t know who posted what.
The fact you can’t even own your argument should be an indicator you’re a troll. .

So many guys are just getting around to starting the experience of being recruited and taking visits. It’s not surprising that classes are off this year. Does anyone really believe Alabama is going to finish 6th in the SEC in recruiting? This year is probably going to be more movement in September and October than there is now so come back to this topic at that point if you are still concerned.

The problem is that's mostly just you. Muschamp would have loved to sign the elite guys, but it's so hard to do here.

I'm not going to fault Beamer for the last class, but the problem is he's on pace to sign a worse class than any of Muschamp's.
As has been pointed out seemingly dozens of times already- it is JUNE. We were just allowed to have kids back on campus a few weeks ago and last check- through this past weekend- we had visitors EVERY DAY of June. Offers can be handed out like candy for sure, kids do not set official visits somewhere unless they have interest though as they only get a limited number.

IOW, you have no idea what this class is on pace to be yet. Until we have hosted visits and played some games and more recruits actually commit and eventually SIGN places- nobody has any idea what their classes will look like.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT