ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer with a 2nd Welcome Home?????

As has been pointed out seemingly dozens of times already- it is JUNE. We were just allowed to have kids back on campus a few weeks ago and last check- through this past weekend- we had visitors EVERY DAY of June. Offers can be handed out like candy for sure, kids do not set official visits somewhere unless they have interest though as they only get a limited number.

IOW, you have no idea what this class is on pace to be yet. Until we have hosted visits and played some games and more recruits actually commit and eventually SIGN places- nobody has any idea what their classes will look like.
Very solid list. Davis is on record saying he is going to help recruit as many guys as he can, including his teammate, Dourijaye. These guys won’t sign here without visiting here. I give the staff credit for recruiting talented players in areas of need, and getting them to visit.

Very solid list. Davis is on record saying he is going to help recruit as many guys as he can, including his teammate, Dourijaye. These guys won’t sign here without visiting here. I give the staff credit for recruiting talented players in areas of need, and getting them to visit.
They are doing what they can do with the hand they are dealt currently. It is an impressive list, it is encouraging these athletes want to spend one of their OVs to come here despite our recent struggles, our impressive/new facilities should make an impact… It will be up to the coaches and these players to do well enough on the field this Fall to sway some elite players to join the cause.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
As has been pointed out seemingly dozens of times already- it is JUNE. We were just allowed to have kids back on campus a few weeks ago and last check- through this past weekend- we had visitors EVERY DAY of June. Offers can be handed out like candy for sure, kids do not set official visits somewhere unless they have interest though as they only get a limited number.

IOW, you have no idea what this class is on pace to be yet. Until we have hosted visits and played some games and more recruits actually commit and eventually SIGN places- nobody has any idea what their classes will look like.
We are a 1/5 of the way through the recruiting class. The next commit will put us 1/4 of the way through the recruiting class.

We are going to need a very strong finish to get to the top 20.

We are a 1/5 of the way through the recruiting class. The next commit will put us 1/4 of the way through the recruiting class.

We are going to need a very strong finish to get to the top 20.
Do you enjoy following gamecocks recruiting?

These days? Not at all. It’s depressing.
Then have a Snickers.

We’re getting very good reviews from recruits and families. A 4* OL who’d visited while the previous staff was here had basically written us off. He came back for this staff, and noted a definite improvement in many facets that has him considering us again.

Some people just aren’t happy unless they’re bitching and complaining.

The troll calling others a troll. You’re mistaken about what I posted. Maybe you should read the entire thread again, you might actually learn something

Nope. You inserted yourself into an argument where the guy was arguing a coach should get credit for merely offering a guy as if it’s an accomplishment compared to every other coach that offered the player.

You realize it’s stupid and you’re just trying to save face at this point.

Nope. You inserted yourself into an argument where the guy was arguing a coach should get credit for merely offering a guy as if it’s an accomplishment compared to every other coach that offered the player.

You realize it’s stupid and you’re just trying to save face at this point.
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize this thread was just for you and one other poster…
I simply stated players don’t sign without offers and an offer is the first step. We now have two more recruits since your last complaint about this recruiting class.

Okay..I give you that. But we are currently ranked dead last in the East in recruiting according 247sports.
So? It's June, no one we are trying to get here could even see the campus until this month, I don't give a crap about where the other schools are, it's not about them. It's about us and the guys we're trying to get. There was a player that said our coaches wouldn't even take his commitment before he visited in person because they want him to see. The only thing that matters is where we stand in 6 months.

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize this thread was just for you and one other poster…
I simply stated players don’t sign without offers and an offer is the first step. We now have two more recruits since your last complaint about this recruiting class.
And unsurprisingly neither of them are highly regarded as recruits.

Wrong. I’m not making a claim, it was reported those were schools that offered. So you need to provide proof the report is wrong.
It was reported by who?

There is a reason you’re trying to shift the argument and being vague. You don’t know if the kid was actually offered by the schools or not.

Go Gamecock website.
Also 247 sports… I posted a link in another thread I think but I don’t like posting links to a competing site here. Watson could find it easily if he looks (keep digging Watson! 😂). Whether offers are “commit-able offers” or not is typically impossible to determine. Coaches can’t talk about specific recruits before they sign, and recruits are not often going to come out and say “yeah, Bama offered me but only if __ happens”. All we know is what is reported as fact and both these kids had offers from programs considered to be on par with or much better than our own- like Bama, Florida and Miami for Whyce and Auburn, Florida, Florida St and Pen. st for Mcclendon. Williams- who just committed yesterday- had offers from FSU, Maryland and Michigan St.

These are all facts, easy to find on multiple sites… Not sure why Rivals does not list who did and did not offer…

Reactions: WingchunCock
Whyce also had offers from Alabama, Bowling Green, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky and Miami among others. 247Sports ranks Whyce as a three-star prospect and No. 97 overall from state of Florida.
Williams previously received an offer from coach Shane Beamer’s staff in April. He chose USC over offers from Maryland, Colorado, Florida State and Michigan State, among others.

Also 247 sports… I posted a link in another thread I think but I don’t like posting links to a competing site here. Watson could find it easily if he looks (keep digging Watson! 😂). Whether offers are “commit-able offers” or not is typically impossible to determine. Coaches can’t talk about specific recruits before they sign, and recruits are not often going to come out and say “yeah, Bama offered me but only if __ happens”. All we know is what is reported as fact and both these kids had offers from programs considered to be on par with or much better than our own- like Bama, Florida and Miami for Whyce and Auburn, Florida, Florida St and Pen. st for Mcclendon. Williams- who just committed yesterday- had offers from FSU, Maryland and Michigan St.

These are all facts, easy to find on multiple sites… Not sure why Rivals does not list who did and did not offer…

The problem is these "facts" aren't actually facts. These are often what the players "claim"

Do you not understand the lunacy of claiming he has an offer from Alabama if he can't even commit and sign with Alabama?

The problem is these "facts" aren't actually facts. These are often what the players "claim"

Do you not understand the lunacy of claiming he has an offer from Alabama if he can't even commit and sign with Alabama?
Don't want to get in the middle here but can you prove that the kid didn't get a legit offer?

Don't want to get in the middle here but can you prove that the kid didn't get a legit offer?
You understand this is a logical fallacy, right?

We don’t even know if he has a committable offer? How would I prove he doesn’t have something we don’t even know if it exists.

You are talking in circles and making no sense. He got offers from the schools mentioned- verified by multiple reliable sources. You are making assumptions to support your own agenda and claiming we don’t have information we proved we have. You are wrong- accept it, take the L and move on.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Ad hominem attacks when you can’t prove your assertion. More evidence of trolling.
And the irony of your own post went right over your head. You’re the one questioning the “committable” offer. Contact the author of the article and ask him. I simply relayed the report AFTER you questioned if there was an offer from Alabama….YOU’RE the one moving goalposts.

You are talking in circles and making no sense. He got offers from the schools mentioned- verified by multiple reliable sources. You are making assumptions to support your own agenda and claiming we don’t have information we proved we have. You are wrong- accept it, take the L and move on.
Do you not realize you’re the one using circular logic? Im genuinely curious or if you’re just trolling

And the irony of your own post went right over your head. You’re the one questioning the “committable” offer. Contact the author of the article and ask him. I simply relayed the report AFTER you questioned if there was an offer from Alabama….YOU’RE the one moving goalposts.
I applaud your troll efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT