ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer's Boys under the lights tonight.

I hope the players get good coaching! I feel for them.

I hope the players get good coaching! I feel for them.
WTF?

They seemed to be loose, enjoying themselves, and building team chemistry. Loved the energy!

I think Beamer knows what he’s doing, and will win these guys over, if he hasn’t already. I know a few young men that played for him while at USC and they all speak VERY HIGHLY of him.

As for the coaching, I can’t see where it can be anywhere as bad as it was the last two years!!! I guess we shall see??

WTF?

They seemed to be loose, enjoying themselves, and building team chemistry. Loved the energy!

I think Beamer knows what he’s doing, and will win these guys over, if he hasn’t already. I know a few young men that played for him while at USC and they all speak VERY HIGHLY of him.

As for the coaching, I can’t see where it can be anywhere as bad as it was the last two years!!! I guess we shall see??

I want the players to be well coached, not just well motivated. I am happy to see the energy. Having seen what has gone on with USC football (and MBB) in the last 5 years, and the great energy and videos we seen in the past in the off season, we are the pre-season champs. But when you see the product on the field, you can tell that the coaching was not there. Time and again we have been hammered by Clemson. This has to be stopped - the beating by Clemson. I hope Beamer can change this sorry cycle. I want him to, but the probability is not high. My heart says yes, but my head says not happening. I hope my heart wins. And, I don't want the blame ever to be shifted to the players if this one goes South.

I want the players to be well coached, not just well motivated. I am happy to see the energy. Having seen what has gone on with USC football (and MBB) in the last 5 years, and the great energy and videos we seen in the past in the off season, we are the pre-season champs. But when you see the product on the field, you can tell that the coaching was not there. Time and again we have been hammered by Clemson. This has to be stopped - the beating by Clemson. I hope Beamer can change this sorry cycle. I want him to, but the probability is not high. My heart says yes, but my head says not happening. I hope my heart wins. And, I don't want the blame ever to be shifted to the players if this one goes South.

I’ll agree with you! Muschamp’s teams never seemed to have chemistry, or be totally sold on his staff. This video indicates we’re working on those things. Team chemistry is a vital part of changing the culture, and I think we’re seeing some of that transformation. How quickly can Beamer turn things around, or can he, remains your be seen. I like what I’ve seen so far, but he hasn’t coached one game yet.

If things fall right, and we can improve, which don’t be hard to do based on 6-16 the last two seasons, next season we could win 6 games. If Beamer does that, then he can show recruits the progress. Progress was something WM certainly couldn’t sell, because he never progressed the program after year two!

Hahahaha. At this point, virtually everyone is being beaten by clemsun. It's not like they're some middle of the road team, they're the team everyone is trying to beat right now. While the team has lagged far behind even reasonable competition, beating clemsun in the near future is an unreasonable goal for anyone not named Alabama or Ohio St.

Hahahaha. At this point, virtually everyone is being beaten by clemsun. It's not like they're some middle of the road team, they're the team everyone is trying to beat right now. While the team has lagged far behind even reasonable competition, beating clemsun in the near future is an unreasonable goal for anyone not named Alabama or Ohio St.

This is a great point concerning Clemson. Not because of Clemson success or being good to great annually lately but the fact of getting to the top ( winning a NC ) is hard for any program and consistently battling to stay at the top is even harder. It is hard to win week in and week out ( Dabo Swinney ) regardless of who you play or conference you play in. Every school is doing the same thing from a competitive standpoint. Syracuse, Pitt, The Citadel and App St. in the last 10 years for both schools ( Clemson and UofSC ) has proved this notion!

Reactions: Zann77
Someone catch me up. Are these off season work outs? I assume no coaches allowed except for S/C. How long do these go for?

The players seem to be really enjoying the workout, so your negative comment is what is misplaced.

Enjoying the workout is good. Most players enjoyed this under Muschamp. Hope the coaching keeps-up with the enthusiasm. The past few years there has been a wide gap.

The players seem to be really enjoying the workout, so your negative comment is what is misplaced.

Why are you so convinced that Beamer is the guy? I am totally unsure. No HC,DC, or OC experience. Never sniffed a proper HC job. And RT hires him. Makes me quite skeptical.

Reactions: Brace1
Why are you so convinced that Beamer is the guy? I am totally unsure. No HC,DC, or OC experience. Never sniffed a proper HC job. And RT hires him. Makes me quite skeptical.
Being an OC or DC first, while it may be helpful certainly isn’t a requirement. Beamer has worked with some of the best coaches in the business, he gained lots of valuable knowledge that prepared him for this moment.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives

This won't be popular here. RT, RC and the BOT of the UofSC decision to hire SB was taken a page out of Clemson's book with Clemson making the decision they made back in 2008 and the success Top to Bottom the program has achieved both from a football and University standpoint in making that decision in 2008. From a age, drive/determination and culture/family aspect, SB does/seems to bring that to the table for the UofSC. From what I have read concerning the UofSC HC hiring process, TE of Clemson was approached early in the process to gauge his interest in being the new HC of the UofSC, another reasoning for me believing the UofSC was taken a page out of Clemson's book. SB biggest hurdle as the HC of the UofSC is overcoming over a 100 year's of mediocrity in football and getting everyone from the BOT down on the same page and doing it while the UofSC competitors, SEC East teams and Clemson pacifically are where they are at present day along with their tradition rich histories, selling/recruiting abilities and natural resources that UofSC does not have.

This won't be popular here. RT, RC and the BOT of the UofSC decision to hire SB was taken a page out of Clemson's book with Clemson making the decision they made back in 2008 and the success Top to Bottom the program has achieved both from a football and University standpoint in making that decision in 2008. From a age, drive/determination and culture/family aspect, SB does/seems to bring that to the table for the UofSC. From what I have read concerning the UofSC HC hiring process, TE of Clemson was approached early in the process to gauge his interest in being the new HC of the UofSC, another reasoning for me believing the UofSC was taken a page out of Clemson's book. SB biggest hurdle as the HC of the UofSC is overcoming over a 100 year's of mediocrity in football and getting everyone from the BOT down on the same page and doing it while the UofSC competitors, SEC East teams and Clemson pacifically are where they are at present day along with their tradition rich histories, selling/recruiting abilities and natural resources that UofSC does not have.
can you sum that up in one coherent sentence?

not reading all of that

a9c.png

Reactions: feeble2001

Well, speaking of Clemson, didn't they hire a guy named Dabo 13 years ago with even much less experience in those areas than Shane Beamer? Now how's that working out for ya?

Well, speaking of Clemson, didn't they hire a guy named Dabo 13 years ago with even much less experience in those areas than Shane Beamer? Now how's that working out for ya?
Oh! Stop it. You take an isolated example and try to make it a norm. Don't violate basic statistics. And you in your hypothetical is setting Beamer = Swinney. Damn!

Last edited:
Oh! Stop it. You take an isolated example and try to make it a norm. Don't violate basic statistics. And you in your hypothetical is setting Beamer = Swinney. Damn!

Violate basic statistics? LOL! Excuse me great swami .... I'm so glad your book of statistics can so easily foretell the future. Did you know that one of the greatest head football coaches in our history never played a down of football? He was a baseball player who coached football, as is Urban Meyer and several other very successful football coaches. Just what norms are you trying to validate, my friend? Maybe you're just chaffed that RT didn't hire Chadwell, Napier or Freeze, is that it?

Reactions: WingchunCock
Actually law of statistics are in favor of Beamer. The only other coach that I could find that went from position coach to p5 head coach was the guy at north western. And he failed. Sooo according to statistics Beamer has a 50% of success which is much better than coordinator to p5 HC success rate

Being an OC or DC first, while it may be helpful certainly isn’t a requirement. Beamer has worked with some of the best coaches in the business, he gained lots of valuable knowledge that prepared him for this moment.
He has knowledge of the game but that doesn’t mean he has the “wisdom” to put together a winning team. Will Muschamp has loads of knowledge and he also learned from the best, “still he wasn’t wise enough to build a winning program. I’m backing Beamer 100 percent and I’m “hoping, he brings us much success, but so far I question some of the moves he’s made. And I’m not impressed with that workout video because it has to many guys goofing off. In my experience the teams that’s serious and “focused” during workouts have the best chemistry when it counts. Check out the video below and see how a real championship program works out, and that was a high school team.

He has knowledge of the game but that doesn’t mean he has the “wisdom” to put together a winning team. Will Muschamp has loads of knowledge and he also learned from the best, “still he wasn’t wise enough to build a winning program. I’m backing Beamer 100 percent and I’m “hoping, he brings us much success, but so far I question some of the moves he’s made. And I’m not impressed with that workout video because it has to many guys goofing off. In my experience the teams that’s serious and “focused” during workouts have the best chemistry when it counts. Check out the video below and see how a real championship program works out, and that was a high school team.
I don’t care what a HS team does. Judging football success based on an offseason workout? Yeah, that’s not biased at all.

Those focused serious workouts really didn’t do much for muschamp

Fwiw the are putting the goofing off fun stuff to attract recruits it’s propaganda

I don’t care what a HS team does. Judging football success based on an offseason workout? Yeah, that’s not biased at all.
I played college football at Furman and played professionally in the Canadian football league so I know a little bit about this game. And I know a few things about off-season workouts, the teams I played on that goofed off got demolished when it counted, and the teams I was on who was serious in workouts performed the best. And not only football, the Basketball and track teams I was on had better results when we took our workouts serious. It’s okay to have fun, hoop and holler, but there’s a level that should be maintained. I bet you wouldn’t see a Alabama workout like that.

Those focused serious workouts really didn’t do much for muschamp

Fwiw the are putting the goofing off fun stuff to attract recruits it’s propaganda
Muschamp had no clue what he was doing the man had no game plan. A lot of people know how to get prepared, but doesn’t know how to execute once the lights go on and that’s in numerous fields, not just sports. Shane Beamer may have a different approach this fall, he may be doing this to boost the players “morale, and if that’s the case ‘it’s a good thing. I just hope nobody’s feelings get hurt when things do get serious.

I played college football at Furman and played professionally in the Canadian football league so I know a little bit about this game. And I know a few things about off-season workouts, the teams I played on that goofed off got demolished when it counted, and the teams I was on who was serious in workouts performed the best. And not only football, the Basketball and track teams I was on had better results when we took our workouts serious. It’s okay to have fun, hoop and holler, but there’s a level that should be maintained. I bet you wouldn’t see a Alabama workout like that.
Yes. God forbid they have fun. The morale on the team is probably pretty fragile. Coming in like a drill seargant would destroy any team chemistry that is there. The team needs to be built up, not torn down.

It’s going to take some time. I’ve never heard of so much turnover in coaches in my life. We also lost a lot of good talent.

ADVERTISEMENT