ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer's Boys under the lights tonight.

Interesting. So, are you saying that Beamer will be successful here? I am assuming you support the Beamer hire. Correct?
I am saying that he has as good a chance to be successful here as any of other the candidates. He was not at the top of my list during the search but grew on me as the process developed. By At the end he was in my top 2 right behind Chadwell mostly because of all the people supporting him. Since hired I believe we got the right guy for the job so yes I support the hire. I am assuming that you, as usual, does not.

I am saying that he has as good a chance to be successful here as any of other the candidates. He was not at the top of my list during the search but grew on me as the process developed. By At the end he was in my top 2 right behind Chadwell mostly because of all the people supporting him. Since hired I believe we got the right guy for the job so yes I support the hire. I am assuming that you, as usual, does not.

I am glad to hear that you support the hire.

It is simple to me. I support hires that can get the best for the student athlete. For way too long the fans and others have protected the million-dollar coaches at the expense of the players. Muschamp, the coach you defended, walked away with millions. The players are left in limbo. The players don't get paid and they are not properly compensated. They give their all. When the coach is pointed to as the cause the rush to defend the coach is evident. Many posters after a game lost are quick to blame a player "He is not making the catches" "he did not tackle" and finding ways to blame the players, really when they are poorly coached. When we hire coaches who do not get the job done, the players are the ones who lose the most. So much talent wasted. A good to great coach can devlop players and have them in the NFL.

Last edited:

It is simple to me. I support hires that can get the best for the student athlete. For way too long the fans and others have protected the million-dollar coaches at the expense of the players. Muschamp, the coach you defended, walked away with millions. The players are left in limbo. The players don't get paid and they are not properly compensated. They give their all. When the coach is pointed to as the cause the rush to defend the coach is evident. Many posters after a game lost are quick to blame a player "He is not making the catches" "he did not tackle" and finding ways to blame the players, really when they are poorly coached. When we hire coaches who do not get the job done, the players are the ones who lose the most. So much talent wasted. A good to great coach can devlop players and have them in the NFL.
The problem with Muschamp was very few players were developed. RB was pretty much it. DBs developed to a limited degree but none were ever taught basic tackling fundamentals. DL showed some improvement but had trouble getting separation. All other positions showed little to no development IMO.

Reactions: SOSUSC

Well, I stopped defending Muschamp after the UNC game and wanted him fired after that season but unfortunately it didn't happen. I actually lost faith in him after the Belk Bowl shut out when he refused to put in Scarn even though it was his last game and for 5 years he did whatever was asked of him. Now, I will support any coach going into a season and hope for the best because he is our coach, but that doesn't mean I will defend him and I did not defend Muschamp going into the last 2 seasons.

I do agree with what you said, coaches have to develop players and that didn't happen under Muschamp. Will it happen with Beamer? Well, we won't know for certain until September but so far I really like what I see. So I will support and even defend Beamer until he gives me reason not to. But that's just how I roll.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Well, I stopped defending Muschamp after the UNC game and wanted him fired after that season but unfortunately it didn't happen. I actually lost faith in him after the Belk Bowl shut out when he refused to put in Scarn even though it was his last game and for 5 years he did whatever was asked of him. Now, I will support any coach going into a season and hope for the best because he is our coach, but that doesn't mean I will defend him and I did not defend Muschamp going into the last 2 seasons.

I do agree with what you said, coaches have to develop players and that didn't happen under Muschamp. Will it happen with Beamer? Well, we won't know for certain until September but so far I really like what I see. So I will support and even defend Beamer until he gives me reason not to. But that's just how I roll.
I completely lost faith in Muschamp after the Missouri game two seasons ago, UNC was bad too though. The way that he defended his mishaps there five games later really showed who he was as a person

Reactions: cockyinbluffton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT