ADVERTISEMENT

Beamers Take On Brown Or Noland

I’ll go ahead and list the disclaimer: I’m not suggesting that Jason Brown is the Second Coming. And I know the chiders chide anything not from “the coaches” talking points.

I have supported Beamer up to this point; I have never even posted “fire Ray” or “fire Martin.”

But if Beamer trots Zeb Noland out against Florida, that’s not only stupid, it’s cowardly. He’s gotta go if he’s not going to try to win.
Hate to say it, but it feels like Beamer is laying the groundwork for Zeb to start. Or at least he hopes he can.

If nothing else, start Brown. If he flops, Beamer will at least have given himself some cover by showing he tried something different.

2020 - Immobile QB with bum knees, but “knows the offense”. Trotted over and over with the same results.

2021 - Immobile QB (now with a bum knee) but “knows the offense”. Results the same game-to-game.

*If* he’s trotted out on Saturday, we will have officially gone full Groundhog-day.

I really, really hope it doesn’t happen. Nothing personal against ZN, but we gotta have a change to make something happen. I’m interested to see what Brown can do. No unrealistic expectations, but it can’t get a whole lot worse.

2020 - immobile QB with bum knees, but “knows the offense”. Trotted over and over with the same results.

2021 - Immobile QB (now with a bum knee) but “knows the offense”. Results the same game-to-game.

*If* he’s trotted out on Saturday, we will have officially gone full Groundhog-day.

I really, really hope it doesn’t happen. Nothing personal against ZN, but we gotta have a change to make something happen. I’m interested to see what Brown can do. No unrealistic expectations, but it can’t get a whole lot worse.

Yes. We now what Zeb can, and more importantly, cannot do at this point. Nobody's proclaiming Brown to be the savior of the program or anything, but at this point you have nothing to lose and maybe something to gain from trying someone new.

Zebco starts......maybe Brown 2nd half when it will take a wing & a prayer to win .

Zebco starts......maybe Brown 2nd half when it will take a wing & a prayer to win .
That's EXACTLY what I mean about not trying to win.

No offense to "Zebco", but it is what it is; if Beamer starts Noland that will be both the most cowardly and bizarre event in the history of Carolina football.

Unless they've actually put in some kind of ball possession,, move the chains, slants and drags, end zone fades to Jenkins that would then open up the running game. Like they should have installed in fall camp when they saw that whatever they had Doty trying to run in the spring was a stinking charlie foxtrot.

But I doubt it. And I fully expect Noland to start.

Reactions: 92Pony and Dizzy01

No offense to "Zebco", but it is what it is; if Beamer starts Noland that will be both the most cowardly and bizarre event in the history of Carolina football.

Unless they've actually put in some kind of ball possession,, move the chains, slants and drags, end zone fades to Jenkins that would then open up the running game. Like they should have installed in fall camp when they saw that whatever they had Doty trying to run in the spring was a stinking charlie foxtrot.

Actually the past 2 HC hires have been the most bizarre events in our history.

Well it only took 8 weeks and a guy being off the team for “personal reasons” for them to think that maybe just being behind a guy at one receiver position shouldn’t keep someone off the field. Within another 3 seasons they may get this personnel thing figured out.

Sorry, but I said it when I first watched film on Brown early on in the recruiting process. This guy is a playmaker with the football in his hands . When the play brakes down he can create .
It won't matter. He could have 15 seconds in the pocket and run around and extend it for another 15, but then he'll throw it to dak and dak will drop it or Nick Muse and Nick Muse will drop it.

It won't matter. He could have 15 seconds in the pocket and run around and extend it for another 15, but then he'll throw it to dak and dak will drop it or Nick Muse and Nick Muse will drop it.
Hey now. Joyner actually caught a 16 yard pass from Brown against A&M.

Let's hope not. But really maybe Jason can help elevate their game.

Last edited:
Reactions: macaroni#
Don't get me wrong. I HOPE the offense looks great with Brown, but I don't expect it
I feel your pain bro. I don't expect Jason to play great that's a lot to ask for against a Florida team but just to bring some life to a dead offense. Move the ball, score some points and actually look like an offense. I don't think we can stop them, they are better than their record. A win, I don't see that but at least show up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT