ADVERTISEMENT

Beer...(I like Beer)

When available, I like to have Paulaner Salvator. Also the Kirin Lager Autumn edition is a favorite.

OIP.NvslnGAJvdkEidChuzTwZAHaFj

8593230.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chanticleer37
I like my beer teeth cracking cold, as somebody used to say.

If I could have just one beer in all the world right now, I think I'd like a San Miguel. Developed a taste for it in Germany. Haven't had one in ages.

I'm all about the hazy IPAs these days. My go to, easy to get is Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada or Astronaut Sauce by River Rat right here in Columbia.
Same.. on all counts! Hazy Littke thing is a good one! Astronaut sauce is one of the best beers made by a Columbia brewery. River Rat only has one or two hood ones, Steel Hands Tropical is usually really good... Columbia Craft tends to brew some really good one too! Their IPA is solid but they rotate a lot and come up with some good stuff from time to time!

I’m cool with a PBR. It’s my go to grab when firing up the grill or taking a walk or mowing the grass or cleaning the garage or...

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
I’m cool with a PBR. It’s my go to grab when firing up the grill or taking a walk or mowing the grass or cleaning the garage or...
I can back that up- PBR is good for cleaning a garage perhaps yes. For drinking? Not so much!
PBR and Bush Light were the beers we drank in college when spending $6 for a twelve pack was too much!

My favorite beer is a free one!

I like most all types of beer except for anything with the word "light" or "lo-cal"

I am a bit spoiled since I am a salesman with all of the Western NC mountains / Knoxville / Johnson City / Charlotte and Upstate NC....so I have my choice of good brews. Sour, Lager, IPA, Stout, Porter, Triple, pour it and I will drink it, Not a huge fan of Gose though. Not a fruity spicey kind of guy. I do like a barrel aged also.

I need a beer!

Reactions: QC Cock
A topic dear to my heart. I'm enjoying a Bell's Two Hearted Ale (IPA) right now. I like an awful lot of them. Steel Hands is a good one from Cayce. I like the ones with a fruit flavor and without. The Big Blood Orange IPA from Sugar Creek Brewing is great. For the longest time I liked stouts and porters, but the only craft ales I could get in my one horse town were IPAs so I forced myself to drink them until I acquired the taste. Now I'm a connoisseur. I also like the ESB style. I really like Fuller's and Green Man when I can find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sending an SOS
I can back that up- PBR is good for cleaning a garage perhaps yes. For drinking? Not so much!
PBR and Bush Light were the beers we drank in college when spending $6 for a twelve pack was too much!

Busch Lite Draft

Honestly I am not that picky- the best beer is one you have out at a bar with your buddies. It is impossible to get right now and that is garbage.

Reactions: roosterbell
A topic dear to my heart. I'm enjoying a Belll's Two Hearted Ale (IPA) right now. I like an awful lot of them. Iron Hands is a good one from Cayce. I like the ones with a fruit flavor and without. The Big Blood Orange IPA from Sugar Creek Brewing is great. For the longest time I liked stouts and porters, but the only craft ales I could get in my one horse town were IPAs so I forced myself to drink them until I acquired the taste. Now I'm a connoisseur. I also like the ESB style. I really like Fuller's.
*Steel Hands. ;)

Porters and stouts: sweet, not dry, especially imperials.

IPAs: Nice and hoppy.

Always go for local crafts.

Same.. on all counts! Hazy Littke thing is a good one! Astronaut sauce is one of the best beers made by a Columbia brewery. River Rat only has one or two hood ones, Steel Hands Tropical is usually really good... Columbia Craft tends to brew some really good one too! Their IPA is solid but they rotate a lot and come up with some good stuff from time to time!
A topic dear to my heart. I'm enjoying a Belll's Two Hearted Ale (IPA) right now. I like an awful lot of them. Iron Hands is a good one from Cayce. I like the ones with a fruit flavor and without. The Big Blood Orange IPA from Sugar Creek Brewing is great. For the longest time I liked stouts and porters, but the only craft ales I could get in my one horse town were IPAs so I forced myself to drink them until I acquired the taste. Now I'm a connoisseur. I also like the ESB style. I really like Fuller's.
Two Hearted is a classic old-school IPA. Probably the best representative of the style, along with Stone and Dogfish Head 60 minute.

Reactions: TheReelEss
When I was younger, all I cared about was cheap beer. Now I like beer that tastes like something and can't drink that cheap stuff with no taste (which includes pretty much every light beer).
Locally, I do like some of the Steel Hands stuff, and I also like the homemade beer at the Hunter Gatherer in Columbia (Wheat, IPA, ESB etc). I do like a good pale ale and Sweetwater 420 is pretty good when you get it on tap from a bar that cleans its taps regularly. I also enjoy a nicely drawn Guinness.

Reactions: thisisnextyr
Two Hearted is a classic old-school IPA. Probably the best representative of the style, along with Stone and Dogfish Head 60 minute.
Yeah, I like to say those are IPAs for people that might not like IPAs. Stone is more on the bitter side. The trend of citrus fruit IPAs is an attempt to draw even more of a market in. I'm glad I kept trying them until they seemed like the standard to me. They definitely are an acquired taste. Green Man IPA and ESB are a couple of my other favorites.

I'm all about the hazy IPAs these days. My go to, easy to get is Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada or Astronaut Sauce by River Rat right here in Columbia.

Have you had Sierra Nevada Fantastic Haze yet? It's a 9.0%'er and it's great. Probably my favorite NE style hazy IPA right now is Edmunds Oast Breath of Nebula.

Oh and I you haven't been to Sierra Nevada brewery in Mills River, NC yet, do yourself a favor and go. They have all sorts of beer on tap that they don't can/bottle and the food is fantastic too. Not to mention the building and grounds are beautiful.

Have you had Sierra Nevada Fantastic Haze yet? It's a 9.0%'er and it's great. Probably my favorite NE style hazy IPA right now is Edmunds Oast Breath of Nebula.

Oh and I you haven't been to Sierra Nevada brewery in Mills River, NC yet, do yourself a favor and go. They have all sorts of beer on tap that they don't can/bottle and the food is fantastic too. Not to mention the building and grounds are beautiful.
I haven't tried Fantastic Haze yet but will definitely look out for it. I've been to Sierra Nevada, and it's definitely a beer mecca. Every beer lover should go.

I think Burial in Asheville is the best brewery in the Carolinas, especially for IPAs. The did a one-off recently called 'I Learned It By Watching You' that was mind-blowing. I wish I could get more.

Reactions: heavycock
Stella
Mich Ultra
Corona
Not a big fan of craft beers, unless Sierra Nevada brings back their Nooner Pilsner or the light pilsner I had at Smokey Mountain Brewery. It was really good. Of course I'm off to Steel Hands tonight to hear Cravin. Their Tropical IPA has my piqued my interest.

I’m a porter guy first but I like pale ales, pilsners, IPA’s. Fort Mill has just one brewery but it’s outstanding - Amor Artis. Definitely check it out if you’re on your way to Charlotte.

Reactions: QC Cock
I haven't tried Fantastic Haze yet but will definitely look out for it. I've been to Sierra Nevada, and it's definitely a beer mecca. Every beer lover should go.

I think Burial in Asheville is the best brewery in the Carolinas, especially for IPAs. The did a one-off recently called 'I Learned It By Watching You' that was mind-blowing. I wish I could get more.
You know I hate beer but that name is awesome.

Voodoo Ranger Imperial Pale Ale by New Belgium Brewery. By far my favorite. I like lots of pale ales and IPAs. But this is my go-to.

Miller lite guy... although I do enjoy Bitburger Pils when I can get my hands on some.
Man those Miller LITE's give me a headache. Not sure why, but I cannot drink 'em

Hence, I'm a good ol' Budweiser dude, though I do occasionally drink Bud LIGHT's, as-well-as Michelob Ultra Lights, and when I feel like it, I drink Corona's with a lime.

I guess I'm just a basic old schooler when it comes to beer!

Man those Miller LITE's give me a headache. Not sure why, but I cannot drink 'em

Hence, I'm a good ol' Budweiser dude, though I do occasionally drink Bud LIGHT's, as-well-as Michelob Ultra Lights, and when I feel like it, I drink Corona's with a lime.

I guess I'm just a basic old schooler when it comes to beer!
Used to happen with me as well. I drank Miller Light for years with no problem but then all of a sudden drink a bottle and splitting headache.

I'm not much of a beer drinker but a Blue Ribbon with ice dripping off the can at the Nu-Way Tavern in S'burg on a hot summer day is memorable. Add their redneck burger and you've got a combination that I've driven the 92 miles from Columbia to enjoy.

Reactions: heavycock
How about the “Beast” Milwaukees Best. $1.99 a six pack for 14 oz. but that was long ago
Years ago, in my early 20s, when you couldn't buy beer on Sunday around here, my roommate and I pooled our change on Saturday night to buy a 12 pack of this beer so we wouldn't be without. Sunday afternoon rolled around and and we cracked one open. We didn't finish them and left the rest in the fridge for company. It took a while for them to disappear. Nowadays I could probably soldier through them, but PBR is the nectar of the gods compared to The Beast.

What's your choice of beer? Me...IPA, Westbrook is one of the best IPA's around along with Jai Alai

Just don't get drunk and throw your little bro in the dryer...or ignite the ring of fire in your driveway!

I take it, you still prefer bojangles in the am?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT