ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Boulware quote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both (Clowney / Boulware) were talking trash. It doesn't matter if they do it before, during or after the game, its still talking trash. It's what heated rivals do. However, BB's comments were in response to SC LB Chris Moody who said playing Clemson is like 'beating up on your little brother." Spurrier and Swinney have taken into the trash talk weeks after the game was played. So to say it is only acceptable BEFORE the game...come on. It is only unacceptable because SC got their buts beat and the rant rubs it in a little deeper. SC rubbed it in during the 5 streak. And tables will turn; SC will again and they will rub it in too. Its what rivals do.
I agree with most you said but to generalize what Boulware said and saying it's the same as Clowney is flat out wrong.

Clowney was talking individually to Boyd that he was scared to play against Clowney pregame to get under his skin.
Boulware said flat out that they dominated the Gamecocks post game to humiliate/insult.

Spurrier and to my knowledge Swinney have never talked trash before the game. The only thing that comes to mind is the misquoted Spurrier getting a response by Swinney that Carolina is in Chapel Hill, etc.

Maybe the excuse is Clempson destroyed the Gamecocks on the board do you had teenagers/young adults being teenagers/young adults. No one can deny that there was much more negativity at the end of this game between all the games since 2004.

We don't want that mess in 2004 to happen again.

Reactions: Adhafner2
Beat them and let them talk if they want. It only sucks because we lost. That's why he gets to be annoying.

Beat them and let them talk if they want. It only sucks because we lost. That's why he gets to be annoying.
Well, the more garbage I hear coming out post game, the more I'm getting worried that this is shaping up to be a 2003/2004 repeat of games.

A lot of similarities are popping up.
1125_dmsp_Clemson_USC_brawl_003_1416943330255_9920469_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I agree with most you said but to generalize what Boulware said and saying it's the same as Clowney is flat out wrong.

Clowney was talking individually to Boyd that he was scared to play against Clowney pregame to get under his skin.
Boulware said flat out that they dominated the Gamecocks post game to humiliate/insult.

Spurrier and to my knowledge Swinney have never talked trash before the game. The only thing that comes to mind is the misquoted Spurrier getting a response by Swinney that Carolina is in Chapel Hill, etc.

Maybe the excuse is Clempson destroyed the Gamecocks on the board do you had teenagers/young adults being teenagers/young adults. No one can deny that there was much more negativity at the end of this game between all the games since 2004.

We don't want that mess in 2004 to happen again.
I also think a lot of what Clowney said was in response to a comment that Boyd made about USC's D-Line being average. Our guys took offense to that and rightly so.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Why is the "dominance over starting next season"? Because our fan base is mad? Are our players so mad that the huge talent advantage is rendered meaningless? You must be the reincarnation of SportsSuites as the bearer of the sunshine pumping flame.

Don't know that i'd say the dominance is over next season, but do think we will have an opportunity to win. The young talent we have will have the year experiene, plus what we are bringing in. Finally, the main thing, it's at Williams Brice. We still need a few years to catch up completely though, and I think we will.

Don't know that i'd say the dominance is over next season, but do think we will have an opportunity to win. The young talent we have will have the year experiene, plus what we are bringing in. Finally, the main thing, it's at Williams Brice. We still need a few years to catch up completely though, and I think we will.
We always have an opportunity to win.

from Post & Courier

"We knew they weren't in our league," Clemson senior linebacker Ben Boulware said. "We knew we were going to go out there and dominate them."

He was right on that night.........he's a senior, and his best years are behind him cause unless he can trim about a half second off his 40 time, he's toast in the NFL. He'll go to a camp, flounder around, get cut, another team will give him a shot, he'll get cut, and within a year be out of the league. He's probably got the right mentality, but the NFL is a speed league and you can't have DT speed at linebacker. I could be wrong. But I don't mind or care about his comments b/c unfortunately, he's right for this year.

I started reading but realized we would glorify a player if he said something like that

That said if given the chance , I hope we run the score up on them

They do seem very happy about blowing out an average team.

You may be right, but I am curious what you are basing that on.....hope or wishing (which is not a plan). There is no indication, at this moment, that Clemson is going anywhere as long as they keep recruiting at the level they are now. When they go to WB next year, they will probably have a young QB that will have ten games under their belt.....twice as many as Bentley had this year. Clemson's team is actually as young or younger than Carolina's.

I wanted to post in this thread, but I couldn't have done it better than this. Dead on.
move on. Clemson is not worried about Carolina their sights are on Va Tech and Alabama. Our sights are on
the recruiting trail so we can play with them in the future.

You may be right, but I am curious what you are basing that on.....hope or wishing (which is not a plan). There is no indication, at this moment, that Clemson is going anywhere as long as they keep recruiting at the level they are now. When they go to WB next year, they will probably have a young QB that will have ten games under their belt.....twice as many as Bentley had this year. Clemson's team is actually as young or younger than Carolina's.
Also they are way ahead in recruiting for class of 17--ranked 6th with only 16. Only one from South Carolina. They have
plenty of room to challenge Alabama, Ohio State and LSU. Lets hope Champ can close hard with the 5 he has left and
get in the top10. Attrition is making room for some better players. He will get the best DB available. We need offensive
and defensive line help to compete with Clemson. they are 2 &3 deep. Our starters have to play almost the entire game.
We may be as far as three years away. If Clemson wins the national title we may never get back to their level. Hate to say it but Clemson has gone National with their brand.

Clemson is young just like us. Bad thing is their young players have talent and size.

Pathetic....so you are waiting for your big brother to get them! Maybe they will and maybe they won't, but I'll bet Clemson is not going to whine about what one of their players may or may not have said.

Why would you be foolish enough to make that bet? Dabo whines after every loss. Don't you remember him whining after a reporter asked him a staged question about something another coach may or may not have said?

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

Clemson loses most of their proven skill players and they'll be replaced by inexperienced, yet talented players. You taters keep mentioning Clemson's young roster as if that's a good thing when it's not at all. Clemson has an overall young roster, but most of those young guys were not regular contributors and gained very little game experience. Common sense should tell you that it's not easy to replace proven skill players, and almost all of a team's offensive production with guys that have rarely seen the field. On the other side, SC's young roster is full of guys that not only contributed to the team, but started most games. The experience gained by our young players this season will pay off for us within the next year or two. We are returning all of our offensive production, albeit very little this season. The experience our young starters gained this season cannot be measured.

The Hokies are annoying pains in the arse, and they never seem to lose when I want them too, AND you could say they have surprised this year....but, they will get throttled tonight, maybe as badly as we did

Sure helped Clemson in 1975 after we trounced them 56-24.
You seemed to forget about that 51-0 trashing that the Tigers laid on you in 1900. It could have been worse in earlier years, but I'm not sure anything before 1900 is relevant!

Clemson loses most of their proven skill players and they'll be replaced by inexperienced, yet talented players. You taters keep mentioning Clemson's young roster as if that's a good thing when it's not at all. Clemson has an overall young roster, but most of those young guys were not regular contributors and gained very little game experience. Common sense should tell you that it's not easy to replace proven skill players, and almost all of a team's offensive production with guys that have rarely seen the field. On the other side, SC's young roster is full of guys that not only contributed to the team, but started most games. The experience gained by our young players this season will pay off for us within the next year or two. We are returning all of our offensive production, albeit very little this season. The experience our young starters gained this season cannot be measured.
BigTom....is this a serious post?

BigTom....is this a serious post?

Which part do you dispute? Does Clemson lose almost all starting skill positions next season? Yes.
Most of your young roster stood on the sidelines this season. They may be talented players, but their unproven and inexperienced. Some of you are in for a rude awakening next season. Remember VT during the Vick years? Life after Watson, for a Clemson fan, will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT