ADVERTISEMENT

Benji Norton

Terrible news.
Saying a prayer for Benji's family and friends right now.
RIP Benji Norton

I too grew up listening to Benji. Unfortuantely he lived a hard partying life and I believe it caught up to him. Sad to hear of his passing.

Crazy but I've lost HS friends in their late 30's due to never slowing down. Beer, herb, cigarettes and red bull can kill if not used in extreme moderation. Of coarse this is all speculation regarding Norton.

Many years ago I met Benji when his radio station "The Fox" handled some advertising for our company. We made a deal I gave him 2 tickets to a Friday round at the Masters and he gave me 2 very prime seats to a Rolling Stones concert at WB. I still think it was a good swap for both of us.

RIP

Didn't Benji have a bypass operation a number of years ago? I think it recall him talking about it.

No idea what happened - just that it was unexpected.

Sad about Benji. Wonder how long before they pull his commercials from the radio. Didn't take long when Bob Shields passed. Prayers for his family.

Reactions: RockyTopVFL
Sad about Benji. Wonder how long before they pull his commercials from the radio. Didn't take long when Bob Shields passed. Prayers for his family.
Is that Bob that does the mid state roofing commercial with the mid state twins?They still play that don’t they,I heard it not to long ago.

Reactions: gamecox4982
Is that Bob that does the mid state roofing commercial with the mid state twins?They still play that don’t they,I heard it not to long ago.
They still play it and the mid state twins are grown ups now.

They still play it and the mid state twins are grown ups now.
They finally pulled the Bob Shields version of that commercial I believe. But it ran, for what seemed like years, after his passing. Oddly enough, it was replaced with Benji's voice, I think. No reflection on either individual at all, but I'm so, so, so sick of hearing that commercial. The millisecond it comes on, I change the station.

But it's strange and sad that Benji passed. He was too young. I've been listening to him on the radio for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCDC1959
ADVERTISEMENT