ADVERTISEMENT

Bentley to Auburn

With Hilinski coming in, there may be a legitimate battle for the starting quarterback job next August. If Bobby is at Auburn, that battle can play out fully without any taint or appearance of nepotism.

As for why Bobby would leave a position as RB coach here to take an OC job at Auburn, seriously? A coordinator position at a major program like Auburn is one step away from an HC job virtually anywhere in the country. And if Malzhan does get canned before the end of the next season, Bobby would be an obvious candidate for the interim position.

The incoming QB is always thought of to push the starter. But seldom does. Especially here!
If Jake stays and stays healthy I say it’s more of a chance Hilinski doesn’t see the field. Save for a few series.

He might just be playing the field to see if he can get a little more money out of USC, with only a 1 year contract that he would get at Auburn and no job security, even though it would be a higher salary doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hilinski may be a great qb but jake doesn’t need his dad to beat him out. He will be a senior, Hilinski is a incoming freshman. Jake has some work in his senior year but he has potential of being a high draft pick after next season. Dad want get that for him
Exactly, hilinski will play in 4 games next year to get his feet wet and redshirt. He is not coming in and beating out a 4th year senior starter. That is best case scenario for Carolina. With our brutal schedule next year, we may take some lumps and need the experience Jake brings. Hopefully he can play like he did post injury(minus akron game), and we can have a decent season.

I'm laughing at your notion that Bentley would bail because of a potential 6 win season. Your posts usually remind me of something my tater friends would say.

You have tater friends?

This is no disrespect because I like most of your opinions...with that said I hope nobody actually believes nepotism is taking place. Does anyone really think Muschamp who’s on his last chance coach gives a lick what BB thinks in regard to playing his son or not or Werner for that reason. Bentley kept playing this year because the coaches saw in practice he was by far the best and it showed down the stretch of the season. I just don’t think Muschamp would risk his millions, reputation, and coaching career over upsetting BB.
Nor should he. This nepotism thing has probably been an invention of these boards. At least I hope so. Coach is privy to much more information than we are.

I just want to see Dak play soon, and in a real meaningful way utilizing his athleticism! Why can't we work him in? Pharaoh used to get quite a few snaps.

Nor should he. This nepotism thing has probably been an invention of these boards. At least I hope so. Coach is privy to much more information than we are.

I just want to see Dak play soon, and in a real meaningful way utilizing his athleticism! Why can't we work him in? Pharaoh used to get quite a few snaps.

Given the new redshirt rule, it's really a mystery as to why we didn't get the kid some snaps - more than the 6 or 8 he got in the one game.

Given the new redshirt rule, it's really a mystery as to why we didn't get the kid some snaps - more than the 6 or 8 he got in the one game.
I think the fact we've seen him so seldom is a direct result of our coaches' faith in his abilities at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT