ADVERTISEMENT

Bentley vs Scar

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
could Jake have done what Scar did today? Play mistake free football. Put the ball on the money and didn't cost us points. I personally can't say that JB would have done that. I think Scar should get a shot at starting next week. He deserves a shot at it again.

No he couldn’t. He’s a INT machine.

580556f945263.image.jpg

If they start Bentley next week the coaching staff are idiots. If Scarnecchia struggles bad, then go to the bench (Bentley). But the Scar has earned the next start no doubt.
Internet coaches calling real coaches idiots. Let’s pay you several million dollars.

Reactions: ansoncock
Jake Bentley’s stats in 2 career games against Missouri:

40-56, 441 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

That’s 2 games of mistake free football.

I get the excitement of Scarnecchia playing well. And I get that Bentley hasn’t been great this season. But let’s not get unrealistic and think Missouri was a “big game” Jake typically plays bad in and wonder if he could play mistake free when he hasn’t made a mistake in 2 games against them. Does that guarantee anything, no. But there is no way of knowing.

Also, Scarnecchia very well threw the game ending Interceptjon on the final drive but it was dropped. Threw a screen to edwards right into the DL’a hands - dropped. Wasn’t mistake free, we just got away with it. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn’t.

I love how accurate Scarnecchia was and how fast he made decisions. But we’ve seen this against Missouri before. Hope we’ll see a good performance next week but it’ll be more difficult.

Jake Bentley’s stats in 2 career games against Missouri:

40-56, 441 Yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

That’s 2 games of mistake free football.

I get the excitement of Scarnecchia playing well. And I get that Bentley hasn’t been great this season. But let’s not get unrealistic and think Missouri was a “big game” Jake typically plays bad in and wonder if he could play mistake free when he hasn’t made a mistake in 2 games against them. Does that guarantee anything, no. But there is no way of knowing.

Also, Scarnecchia very well threw the game ending Interceptjon on the final drive but it was dropped. Threw a screen to edwards right into the DL’a hands - dropped. Wasn’t mistake free, we just got away with it. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn’t.

I love how accurate Scarnecchia was and how fast he made decisions. But we’ve seen this against Missouri before. Hope we’ll see a good performance next week but it’ll be more difficult.

All this is true and rational thought which I like. Having said that I feel that Scar has earned the right to at least lead the troops into battle against Texas A and M. If he struggles, go to Bentley. If he does not, do not fix what isn’t broken. There are plenty of other areas to fix.

could Jake have done what Scar did today? Play mistake free football. Put the ball on the money and didn't cost us points. I personally can't say that JB would have done that. I think Scar should get a shot at starting next week. He deserves a shot at it again.

No

Where's the creativity? Why didn't we see some Dak Joyner with some runs that would loosen up the front 8?

Internet coaches calling real coaches idiots. Let’s pay you several million dollars.

It’s about playing time he has earned with performance today goober. If you can’t see that your blind. Bentley shouldn’t go back in until he looks like the better option for the team and right now he doesn’t.

If the D doesn't play considerably better than they did today, doesn't matter who the QB is....

Reactions: gpcocks
What I liked about Scar is he did not try to do too much. Jake often tries to and it backfires.

Been watching too many old Murphy Brown shows? Reaching for obscure politics.

Actually tend to vote Republican. Not looking to make this too political but when the poster above seemed to suggest that another poster was an idiot instead of the coach getting paid millions of dollars hopefully you both can get the point that making millions does not make you smart and being poor does not make you dumb.

Kanye is an idiot. He has millions. I took the politics out of it. Feel better now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT