ADVERTISEMENT

Bentley working on mechanics along with the Fromm brothers

The four defeats occurred during the 2017 season. Georgia and clemson were selected to the college football playoffs. When I stated "that season" in my post, I was talking about the 2017 season. Sorry for the confusion.

And we played respectable Defense in 2017, creating turnovers to offset our own offense & kept us in ball games. I’m still proud of the effort we gave UghA & I seemed to recall they turned Michigan over a few times to set up our O !

IF......
We see a reduction in turn overs with a little increased production on offense coupled with our Defense improving in tackling, pressure and forcing a few turnovers.......
This is the recipe for a season we should be grateful for, and is what we need to knock off a couple of the big kids on our schedule

I like Bentley and believe the kid wants to win as much as anybody. He's been inconsistent to date but that's par for the course for the entire offense, from what I've seen.

That, and the play calling seems seat of the pants and counter intuitive at times ... the runs working, so let's pass. Pass working, let's try a run. It's like we keep ourselves off balance at times.

I don’t blame JB as much as other posters do. Just no running game to talk about. It hampers the QB! Also, under Roper he regressed a lot. I hope BMac calls a good game. JMO.

14 INT ( even with the week off VS Mizery)
Over 1 per game
I’m ready for less of these

Bentley has the heart of a lion. You know that our defense was BEATEN up and at times like Clemson, like the 3-td given up in ONE QUARTER vs UGA in 2018--at times Bentley knew he couldn't "throw the ball away" and gave the ball back to the beaten up defense.

But I'm hoping that with a tremendously healthy and REINFORCED D Line (Joseph Andersen, David D.,Zaach Pickens--not to mention the fill-ins when DJ Wonnum and our 300 pound really good D Tackle were hurt most of the year--I am hoping that Bentley feels he can RELAX.
For When this year he gets it in his head that the DEFENSE is going to STOP Clemson, UGA etc. half of the time, he shouldn't have to FORCE the ball anymore.
Some of those 14 ints were not his fault AND SOME of those he had TOO much faith that his receivers are going to win the 50-50 jump balls.

With 2 great QBs right behind him now, too, I think he'll settle into a more efficient consistency.

Finally, Give Mushamp credit. He fired his FRIEND, the qb coach who did NOT help Bentley GROW enough in Bentley's Sophomore year.

Go COCKS ! I'm an Athens cock !

Reactions: rogue cock
This is what gets me, after 3 years he is still having problems with mechanics as a senior QB. That problem should have been corrected a long time ago.
As the thread title states, the Fromm brothers are “working on mechanics” as well. That doesn’t imply “problems” with mechanics, but an effort to improve. You know, like ALL skill athletes, QBs among them. Sheesh. You want to talk “mechanics”? Take a look at everyone’s poster child Connor Shaw. Now take a look at the players he had around him. A QB is only as good as the players around him allow him to be. Give Bentley a legitimate effective running game, receivers that CATCH the ball or God forbid actually work to make plays, and watch those “mechanics” improve.

Not meant to bash JB but he is a senior and if he hasn't improved his mechanics by now then i don't think he ever will. I know he isn't as good as Fromm or Lawrence but they played for titles as true freshmen and yes they did have better all around talent than we did but to me JB is either on or off and when he is on he is a pretty decent QB. I think we will have alot better run game this year which will help JB alot because we finally have a true RB coach and a damn good OLine coach that has been here a couple of years now. And i also think we got an upgrade with the DLine coach.

Not meant to bash JB but he is a senior and if he hasn't improved his mechanics by now then i don't think he ever will. I know he isn't as good as Fromm or Lawrence but they played for titles as true freshmen and yes they did have better all around talent than we did but to me JB is either on or off and when he is on he is a pretty decent QB. I think we will have alot better run game this year which will help JB alot because we finally have a true RB coach and a damn good OLine coach that has been here a couple of years now. And i also think we got an upgrade with the DLine coach.

I like Jake but I think we've pretty much seen what we're going to get by now. We could see some improvement but he's not going to become Tom Brady his senior year.

I like Jake but I think we've pretty much seen what we're going to get by now. We could see some improvement but he's not going to become Tom Brady his senior year.
Interestingly, Brady's college stats aren't dissimilar from Bentley's in many respects...,and much worse in others, such as TD/Int ratio.

Professional athletes, ie golfers, basketball players, etc, work on “mechanics” regularly. Folks are a bit confused here.

Professional athletes, ie golfers, basketball players, etc, work on “mechanics” regularly. Folks are a bit confused here.

This is very true, Major League Baseball players start the spring hitting off a tee. Jake has never been a problem as far as work ethic it just seems to be between the ears. I have very close friends that coached Jake at the youth level and they said he had a mentality of a defensive end. I have heard our own coaches mention he’s better reacting instead of overthinking. Jake has been a hard worker and a good representative of the program let’s hope he puts together a great senior year and we will all be happy Gamecocks. All that said, I hope the coaches finally get another QB ready and be willing to play someone else if he does struggle.

I think this is going to be huge for Jake. Remember, he didn’t play his last year high school football. So, he basically missed a year of getting his fundamentals and mechanics ironed out. The other awesome thing is he is working out with our competition, so he will be able to report back to coach Boom all of the weaknesses Fromm has. This is really going to be big for us! I bet that long haired hippie up in Clemson isn’t working on his mechanics with a QB that played in a national championship game.

I think this is going to be huge for Jake. Remember, he didn’t play his last year high school football. So, he basically missed a year of getting his fundamentals and mechanics ironed out. The other awesome thing is he is working out with our competition, so he will be able to report back to coach Boom all of the weaknesses Fromm has. This is really going to be big for us! I bet that long haired hippie up in Clemson isn’t working on his mechanics with a QB that played in a national championship game.

:oops::rolleyes:, is that you boombus ?

Troll alert.

I assume there's a healthy dose of sarcasm in this post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT