ADVERTISEMENT

Best chance we have with Woods

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
I felt early on UNC would get a slap on the wrist, then wondered for a while if the NCAA would even get involved. Now, I think they will get hit pretty hard. At least they should. I didn't know this went all the way back to the mid 1990's. I believe they get hit with at least what Syracuse got hit with, if not more.

Settlement

It's always a good day when UNC gets into trouble. I don't see why she didn't insist that those crooks pay her legal bills.
Karma is biting back. It's really bad because they always presented themselves as a school of higher learning.

Just wait and see, this whole thing will get swept under a big'ole dirty, stinky baby blue rug. I notice that every article always mentions that the "NCAA doesn't involve themselves in matters that deal with student athletes and non-athlete students." And there lies the NCAA's out. Eventually, they'll say they can't do anything because it includes non-athlete students, and they'll leave it to UNC to deal with. UNC will fire, retire, or reassign some folks and it will all quietly away.

Dont bet on any significant punishment. I will believe it when I see it. Hoping that doesnt matter to him one way or the other and he decides to stay home and play.

Have some faith. The NCAA cannot continue to exist if they don't levy some serious punishment to UNC. It will happen, tho I'm sure it won't be to the extent they deserve. 23 of the first 25 student-athletes found to have enrolled in these bogus classes were Dean Smith players. This scandal dates back to the late 80s, not the mid 90s (that is a common theme used to protect Dean and their 93 title - one that recently got debunked by none other than the Daily Tarheel - the student newspaper).

Do your part and buy her book.
http://paperclassinc.com/smithwillingham-book/

. “The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky it will probably slap another two years probation on Cleveland State.’’ Jerry Tarkanian
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by JKC4USC:
Just wait and see, this whole thing will get swept under a big'ole dirty, stinky baby blue rug. I notice that every article always mentions that the "NCAA doesn't involve themselves in matters that deal with student athletes and non-athlete students." And there lies the NCAA's out. Eventually, they'll say they can't do anything because it includes non-athlete students, and they'll leave it to UNC to deal with. UNC will fire, retire, or reassign some folks and it will all quietly away.
Sadly, to say I think you are right. But I tell you what, if I'm Syracuse I am going to sue the NCAA for letting the blue goats off the hook.

You are so right Fork. As I've heard it said before, UNC cheated like hell and the NCAA will make Prairie View A&M pay out the wazoo for it.

Originally posted by Freddie.B.Cocky:

Originally posted by JKC4USC:
Sadly, to say I think you are right. But I tell you what, if I'm Syracuse I am going to sue the NCAA for letting the blue goats off the hook.
Especially after the NCAA stated this in its findings with Syracuse:

"Improper institutional involvement and influence in a student's academic work in order to gain or maintain eligibility is a violation of NCAA rules and a violation of the most fundamental core values of the NCAA and higher education," the NCAA's committee on infractions wrote in its decision.

How can they play the academic card with Syracuse, and ignore it with UNC? Not saying it hasn't been ignored before, but to turn away from the extent of academic fraud committed by UNC would be a huge blow to the NCAA. I think only Washington could hide something this big and get away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT