ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB You Saw Play In Person

In person, I liked Kurt Warner with the WR's he had. In college, Jeff Grantz was pretty good.

In person Tim Tebow 2009, not a single performance but best overall college QB. I remember the student section started an FU Tebow chant when they were backed up. Tebow turns around and motions for student section to get louder, then launches like a 60 yard pass.

Next time they are backed up into the student section the chant breaks out again and Tebow looked back at us, I hear a kid yell “shut up you’ll make him angry”. The chant went from FU Tebow to Let’s go gamecocks”. Hilarious.

This isn’t the best performance, but best player.

I’m sure the majority of Gamecock Fans saw Peyton Manning play since we play UT regularly. Who else have you seen in person, college or pro?
Matt Ryan kicking some tater ass.

Heisman winner Charlie Ward. Saw him as a QB at FSU and a year later saw him with the Knicks.

Marino when Pitt played us at Willy B. Danny Wuerful, Matthew Stafford, Watson, the Mannings, Charlie Ward, and Tebow

Best Gamecock QB’s I’ve seen in person… Shaw, Garcia, Taneyhill, Ellis, Hold, and A1.

Best pro I saw in person was Steve Young against the Panthers. Mike Vick was the most dynamic.

Michael Vick - VT @ ECU

Russell Wilson - NCSU @ USC (Brinkley broke his leg) Also saw him play baseball against us in the Raleigh regional

Brett Favre - GB @ CAR (he lead furious comeback but Panthers held on)

Big Ben - PIT @ CAR (preseason)

Baker Mayfield - CAR @ CLE

Jalen Hurts - WVU @ OU (Sooner schooner flipped lol)

Best I ever saw vs. USC - Tee Martin (23/24, 315, 4)

best I ever saw would have been Peyton Manning. He didn’t have his best game, but as QB’s go he is Top 3 all-time (and I never saw Montana or Brady).

Saw Montana, Marino and Peyton. All in college. Now sure how you pick the best out of that group but if I had a gun to my head I'd go with Montana.

I saw the Russell Wilson game at WB. He did not look like anything special that night. If you would have told me he will go on to have a fantastic NFL career I would have been doubtful of that.
In fairness, he got knocked out of that game early with a concussion (first quarter, I think). The next year in Raleigh, he did play the whole game but didn't have much better results.

I'll always love the play when Cliff Matthews chased him down from behind for a sack. 😎

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT