ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB You Saw Play In Person

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
This isn’t the best performance, but best player.

I’m sure the majority of Gamecock Fans saw Peyton Manning play since we play UT regularly. Who else have you seen in person, college or pro?

Interestingly, I wasn’t impressed with Tebow or Manning when I saw them play here in college. Best I ever saw play here against Carolina was Vinny Testaverde for Miami. He was fantastic.

Vinny is my college pick. But the best I ever saw was Johnny Unitas when he played for the Baltimore Colts.

Steve Young...Super Bowl MVP performance. Unfortunately, his performance that day resulted in a rather lopsided game.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Marino, Harbaugh, Watson, Tebow, Favre, Manning, Greene

Somebody needs to admit they saw Greyson Lambert of UGA against us. Not the best quarterback, but he completed something like 24 passes in 23 attempts. You could do that against Whammy.
Lambert went 24–25 for 330 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions.

Whoever started against us against LSU last year or pretty much any game Muschamp coached.

Derion Kendrick at South Pointe High School.

I know this is mostly geared to college or pro QB's (to which I would say a Joe Montana 6 TD showing in Atlanta years ago), but have rarely seen someone toy with folks the way Kendrick did at the high school level. Saw him once play Greer in the upstate championship. And Greer had an excellent defensive team. SP's offense mainly consisted of rolling him to the short side and then him going back to the wide side on his own. He just toyed with them as they couldn't touch him. Was like he ran at half speed and then when someone would get near him he just hit a gear that nobody else had. He made Greer look like a D team. Albeit high school, but the most amazing performance I have ever seen.

Somebody needs to admit they saw Greyson Lambert of UGA against us. Not the best quarterback, but he completed something like 24 passes in 23 attempts. You could do that against Whammy.

Ive tried to erase from my memory the night Greyson freaking Lambert looked like Joe Montana but it was a common theme on a whammy defense. If Spurrier wasn’t a great play caller, Whammy probably could have given up 1,000 yards in a game here at some point.

I know this is mostly geared to college or pro QB's (to which I would say a Joe Montana 6 TD showing in Atlanta years ago), but have rarely seen someone toy with folks the way Kendrick did at the high school level. Saw him once play Greer in the upstate championship. And Greer had an excellent defensive team. SP's offense mainly consisted of rolling him to the short side and then him going back to the wide side on his own. He just toyed with them as they couldn't touch him. Was like he ran at half speed and then when someone would get near him he just hit a gear that nobody else had. He made Greer look like a D team. Albeit high school, but the most amazing performance I have ever seen.

I was at that game where Joe Montana and Jerry Rice humiliated Atlanta CB Charles Dimry. I never thought I would ever see anyone better than Joe Montana. Tom Brady certainly has built a more impressive resume, but other than one drive in a preseason game I have not seen him in person.

Didn’t Chad Pennington play against us with Marshall one year???
I wouldn’t say he was the best QB we’ve seen, but he did play against us and beat us. I believe that was the first year post Randy Moss. I was ticked. Then they went and beat Clemson the following year…in their opener I believe.

Joe Montana. At Clemson in 77. That year was a coming out year for Clemson. Won 8 games. They had a highly ranked Notre Dame team on the ropes but Joe said NO! Took the Irish down the field like he was drinking a cup of coffee. Stuck it in the end zone. I never saw a stadium go from pandemonium to quiet so fast

Reactions: FORKCOCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT