ADVERTISEMENT

Best Vacation Spot in SC?

St. Simons is our new favorite spot, and I think I have spent time on virtually every spot on the SC coast that a person has access to with a vehicle.

Last time I look, St. Simons is located in Georgia and it doesn't fit this subject in SC...

But will say anywhere in Hawaii; all the islands would be a great place to visit...

Fripp Island. Good golf, enjoy nature and easily catch a few stone crabs (claws) for dinner.

Old thread that got brought back. I miss SportsSuites. He could describe paint drying and make it interesting.

Husker fan living in Kansas City, Looking at doing an anniversary trip with the wife and she wants to do somewhere with a beach, but not too crowded with good food/shopping. Hopefully this place exists, haha. Any ideas would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
Seabrook Island or Kiawah Island, not crowded, great golf and food, 45 minute drive to downtown Charleston for food and tours is a must as well.

Husker fan living in Kansas City, Looking at doing an anniversary trip with the wife and she wants to do somewhere with a beach, but not too crowded with good food/shopping. Hopefully this place exists, haha. Any ideas would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
Pawleys Island and drive to MB for shopping.

Charleston is tough to beat. We moved here in 1993. There's something here for everyone, water, fishing, shopping, golf, dining, history, etc.
That's the problem. I'd give my house away in Mt. Pleasant if my wife would let me. It was great in 1993 when you moved here.

I know. My job brought us here from Greenville. At the time, Mt. Pleasant had a population of about 18K. Now we're right at 90K.

[

I second Charleston for all around- beaches, shopping and food!

Hunting Island out past Beaufort though... They just did a massive Re-nourishment project there to fix hurricane damage and... WOW. Just Wow! The North and South beaches there are now the biggest/ nicest beaches in the State and it is not close! HUGE, pristine white sand beaches, no condos/hotels or even HOUSES built out on it, less people than Myrtle or any Charleston islands... cool old lighthouse... If ya’ll haven’t been since it reopened, you need to go!
Hoping to go to Hunting Island this coming Sunday. Hope I can find a "deserted space" to alight.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT