ADVERTISEMENT

Better high school players !?

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
last night I watched Bishop Gorman HS of Nevada play De La Salle HS of California on ESPNU. What I saw was amazing: both schools’ O-linemen have much better blocking technique and skills than our O-linemen. Of course most of them have multiple Power 5 offers — one was a Clemson commit — but it’s difficult to watch our inept O-line not have the same skills as top HS players.

Last edited:
last night I watched Bishop Gorman HS of Nevada play De La Salle HS of California on ESPNU. What I saw was amazing: both schools’ O-linemen have much better blocking technique and skills than our O-linemen. Of course most of them have multiple Power 5 offers — one was a Clemson commit — but it’s difficult to watch our inept O-line not have the same skills as top HS players.

The TE is being recruited, but he's not likely to go to Clemson. The only commit we have from CA is the WR Ngata.

Our quarterback never plays well in big games. Makes everyone else look sub par.
And by the time he starts playing somewhat decent, the game is well out of hand and it's just padding stats by that time.

Our quarterback never plays well in big games. Makes everyone else look sub par.
I agree that he doesn’t play well in big games, but in his defense, we’ve yet to see a good game plan, that set him up to have a big game against the better teams. This is on our coaches just as much as our quarterback.

Reactions: BoykinSpanielCock

Unrelated, but is this chart correct and there are only 83 players on scholarship at USC?

http://southcarolinagamecocksfootba...ina-gamecocks-football-scholarship-breakdown/

The way I understand the rule, you have to award all 85 in order to use the mid-year replacement rule (bylaw 15.5.6.3.4). That's why we always max out in August with walk-ons if there's room. Without it, you are limited on the number of early enrollees to just the room under the 85 cap.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I agree that he doesn’t play well in big games, but in his defense, we’ve yet to see a good game plan, that set him up to have a big game against the better teams. This is on our coaches just as much as our quarterback.

. . . yes, but what's missing? When SOS was roaming the sidelines and we were playing BIG games, no problem. He made it look downright sim . . . . . . . oh!

. . . yes, but what's missing? When SOS was roaming the sidelines and we were playing BIG games, no problem. He made it look downright sim . . . . . . . oh!
Spurrier was confident in his system and he knew if ran it correctly he couldn’t be stopped. Muschamp doesn't have a system he coaches with hope.

UGA is going to beat the shit out of a lot of people this year. I don’t think it’s fair to judge based upon that game. However, Boom and the stars of this team need to step up, beginning next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT