ADVERTISEMENT

Better than 500 (come at me kids)

It's the same thing every year. We moan and groan about how bad we're going to be, but the closer we inch towards the start of the season we allow ourselves to see glimmers of hope and think that maybe, just possibly, we could turn out to be pretty good.

I do hope you're right though.

The D is going to make this possible. Athletes and courage. And lord if we punt and make a few FGs. 6 wins is almost possible.

Who is ready????
I am in! Here’s The Who and why. These are my games I think we win.
Tennessee- home opener
Kentucky- will be the eventual death of CWM if we fall behind them
Vandy
TAMU- because we are home coming off a bye week
Ole Miss
Mizzou

The D is going to make this possible. Athletes and courage. And lord if we punt and make a few FGs. 6 wins is almost possible.

Who is ready????
I'm with you... I'll go a step further and say we beat the 500 number and win more than we lose. We win 7.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Only time will tell. But at least there's 1 former game that was a 99.999999999% chance of losing that is no longer on the scehdule (thank you SEC Sankey!!!).
Clemson is not that good. They are not the 85 bears. Stop embarrassing us with these kinds of comments. Nobody is scared of Clemson, I guarantee our players are not.

I tell you... It has just been hard to focus on and get excited about football this year, it is all such a mess and I kept trying not to get my hopes up expecting it to be cancelled! Now we have actual games starting but we are still 3 weeks out? It is all so odd... Regardless- YES! I agree we have a chance to have a solid D. I would feel much better about our chances to move the ball if Lloyd had not been hurt!

Folks I'm always a glass half full guy when it comes to my gamecocks. So here goes.
SEC Outperform teams - USC, Miss St.
SEC underperform teams - LSU, Florida

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Positives:

No Citadel, Wofford, Appalachian State, FCS team. Even if we lose, we are "SEC" losers.

Excuses for loses are myriad this year; imagine the fun we will have explaining them.

Very little audible booing.

No crowd size estimates that matter.

Items thrown on field will be much less numerous; cleanup will be a cinch!!

No need to hold newspapers up in front of you to hide; masks provide cover.

Halftime fan departures will improve social distancing.

No random"tailgaters of the game", although we won it one time.

Phone service in stadium spectacular; spur of moment "that's it, I'm out of here" easier to coordinate with party.

Bummers:

Team name spelled on fans bodies C__R_LI_A.

Gamecock Club lifetime Fan Moment impossible because honorees too high a Covid risk.

Loud, drunk, taunting fan next to you will still show up, but be louder, drunker and. uh.....tauntier.

Sorry, no collecting left behind spirit towels or cups.

Guy never washing hands after using bathroom now "oh, he's just using his personal sanitizer."

Yep, as we learn everyday now, it's what you make it. l do love my bumbling, stumbling, men's teams in a ole timey Cubs, Red Sox, Bills sort of way!

Three wins this year, but hey, this season doesn't count......

Last edited:
Reactions: elwood49 and Zann77
I love my Gamecocks! My heart says, 5-5. But with CWM at the helm, my head sys, 3-7.
Keeping in mind that we only won 4 games last year, Vandy and Charleston Southern being 2 of those, I'm going with best case scenario 4-6, but your prediction seems a bit more likely.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Keeping in mind that we only won 4 games last year, Vandy and Charleston Southern being 2 of those, I'm going with best case scenario 4-6, but your prediction seems a bit more likely.
Dang it, Harvard. Don't agree with me. Tell me where I'm wrong and why I should hope for more than 3 wins. I need someone to help my depression, not shove me off the ledge.

Thought about revising my prediction after Lloyd went down. But I'm sticking with 7-3.

If an incoming freshman running back going down was going to make you revise your prediction, shows where we are at depth of offensive playmakers :(. J/w where you are seeing these 7 wins? I'm thinking 5-5.

Reactions: ddw1263
I have no idea what to expect. Don't know what to expect in terms of conditioning, practicing, installation, etc. This goes for both South Carolina and their opponents.

Guess I'll grab a beer and go along for the ride.

Dang it, Harvard. Don't agree with me. Tell me where I'm wrong and why I should hope for more than 3 wins. I need someone to help my depression, not shove me off the ledge.
giphy.gif

Clemson is not that good. They are not the 85 bears. Stop embarrassing us with these kinds of comments. Nobody is scared of Clemson, I guarantee our players are not.
Thank you!! Give them our schedule or Bama’s or Georgia’s or Florida’s or LSU’s and see if they run the table. I would bet that they would not even be the favorite in some of those games.

Tell the whole story. Vandy and Chas So, but also Georgia and Kentucky, both of whom are top 15 teams this year. So we were all over the place. We need to put points on the board, and have more good games than bad. We have had potential. This year looks to be the most potential yet. If Muschamp can't cash in on it, then we probably need to think about parting ways.

If an incoming freshman running back going down was going to make you revise your prediction, shows where we are at depth of offensive playmakers :(. J/w where you are seeing these 7 wins? I'm thinking 5-5.
It's not necessarily the depth, I just feel like his talent could swing a game in our favor. Losses to Aub, LSU and split UGA/TAMU.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
It's not necessarily the depth, I just feel like his talent could swing a game in our favor. Losses to Aub, LSU and split UGA/TAMU.

Yeah I'm excited to see what Bobo has in store when he gets back healthy (hopefully next year). Would you put money on, that we win 7 games? Or are you just being really optimistic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT