ADVERTISEMENT

Bianca Cuevas-Moore Transferring to WVU

For Heaven's sake! Why?? :(

GOCOCKS! BEATARK!
This may explain why:

"Cuevas-Moore's departure clears up a bit of a logjam at guard. USC is set to return starters Tyasha Harris and Bianca Jackson, plus former top-15 recruit and Tennessee transfer Te'a Cooper. USC is also adding point guard Destanni Henderson, currently ranked No. 9 in the country in the 2018 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings."

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...a/usc-womens-basketball/article208607729.html

Reactions: DarkCock
Hate to see her go. Her speed and experience could have really helped us this year in the backcourt. Make no mistake, she would have played a lot if healthy and probably started.

I did wonder why they held off her surgery as long as they did. I think that set her back as far as being ready for the start of the upcoming season.

I wish her the best of luck. She was huge in helping us win it all last year.

Reactions: Brace1 and 92Pony
What the hell? She`s the best 3 point shooter we have left, the quickest player we have left, unless her knee problems have slowed her down. I don`t get it!!!

Reactions: Brace1 and 92Pony
Bianca could start for half of the top twenty five teams in the country BUT she is the FOURTH point guard on this team.

I love her style, energy, and attitude. She will be missed. She is the reason we beat MISS ST all thee times last year. Her man to man D on Morgan William just wrecked their game plan. Literally drove her to the bench in the championship game!

After the game the side line reporter asked almost incredulously, "How did you stop the great Morgan William?" And in her wonderful accent and attitude she replied,"It was no big deal. She's just another small point guard."

Recovery time from knee injury and playing time in a deep and talented backcourt... Bianca won't be cleared medically before Jan or Feb.. The sixth year does not work for her or Dawn.. She is one of my favs... I hate to see her go... But I understand it

I hear you my friend but I was really hoping she would be back. Not only for her D but also her 3 pt shooting which I felt she improved at her Jr. year.

Reactions: Brace1
Not to argue but she will have a degree from the University of South Carolina so I think that qualifies her to be a Gamecock.
I'm aware of that. Very likely, she will also have a graduate degree from WVU. But no matter, if she finishes her career as a Mountaineer, that's what she will be in perpetuity.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I kept saying I didn't think she was coming back based on the "fishiness" at the end of the year. Hate to see her go. Even with the talent we have at guard, her experience could have helped. Perhaps there are also a lot of strong personalities in that rotation. Wish her well, she did some great things for the team.

Reactions: roosterbell
I kept saying I didn't think she was coming back based on the "fishiness" at the end of the year. Hate to see her go. Even with the talent we have at guard, her experience could have helped. Perhaps there are also a lot of strong personalities in that rotation. Wish her well, she did some great things for the team.
Bottom line is this: we have a plethora of guards and she doesn't project as one of the better ones. Otherwise, why should she leave?

I'm aware of that. Very likely, she will also have a graduate degree from WVU. But no matter, if she finishes her career as a Mountaineer, that's what she will be in perpetuity.
Wrong again, Harold. She will be a USC alumna for the rest of her life. She will probably get 18 credit hours at WVU.
I'm disappointed. She was always one of my favorites but will probably get twice the playing time at WVU than if she stayed. It might give her a better chance at a pro career.

Yeah and we had so many guards this year too, then a couple of them go down with injuries. Happened to men`s team too. I think she could have started for us. Please tell me why you think our guard play this year would make her fourth. And you would put a freshman over her who has never played for us? She would have the most experience and would have been our best defender among the guards imo. I think it`s a big loss. but I wish her well.

Wrong again, Harold. She will be a USC alumna for the rest of her life. She will probably get 18 credit hours at WVU.
I'm disappointed. She was always one of my favorites but will probably get twice the playing time at WVU than if she stayed. It might give her a better chance at a pro career.
You will regard her in your way, I in mine. I will not be disturbed by the fact we disagree. The last uniform she wears will be her legacy.

Last edited:
Recovery time from knee injury and playing time in a deep and talented backcourt... Bianca won't be cleared medically before Jan or Feb.. The sixth year does not work for her or Dawn.. She is one of my favs... I hate to see her go... But I understand it
If it is true that she won't be medically cleared until Jan. or Feb., then this move is understandable. If she is playing for WVU in November, its a head-scratcher.

Bianca was the best guard on the team going into this past season. Nothing I saw in the previous 5 months from any of the others would make me think differently. I never thought Coach Staley used her to maximum potential over the past 3 years. Wish her the very best at WV and don't fault her for leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT