ADVERTISEMENT

Bianca Cuevas-Moore Transferring to WVU

Don't know, but they also got another Grad Transfer today. A former MacDonald's AA from Penn State.

The other transfer is a forward. Just looking at West Virginia's roster, they lost their starting point guard. BCM will play more minutes there than she would have here and, perhaps most importantly, she'll be the primary ball-handler. It's probably a good move for her since I'm sure she wants to play professionally. Personally, I never expected her to be back so I'm not looking at it as a "big loss." I say we just appreciate what she contributed, wish her the best and move on.

Very nice:

Johnny Unitas a Charger
OJ Simpson a 49er
Patrick Ewing a SuperSonic
I agree that she will always be seen as a Gamecock... but you could also argue: Kaela Davis always a yellow jacket (nope). Allisha Gray always a tar heel? Hmmm. Doesn't really matter as you're each entitled to your own way of feeling about it. I would loved to have had her for 1 more year because of her experience, but if having that much depth was going to cause some possible friction (which may or may not come from BCM herself), then perhaps it's a good thing. Either way, glad she was here. She was fun (and sometimes frustrating) to watch. The young lady has had a tough life with all the folks close to her that had passed away before she came to USC. Hope things work out for her.

I am always amazed at the unrealistic and selfish attitudes of some fans.

BCM gave this team 4 years of her life. She was integral part of our growth and of the national championship. She did everything asked of her. Never got in trouble.

Then she has an injury, has graduated, and seen the dynamics at her position radically change. Because of this she makes a decision that makes sense to her academically and for playing time. She acts like an adult and takes responsibility for her own life.
The only response from true fans should be to say thank you for what she have given us and bless her on her new path.
Instead some want to dismiss her legacy and claim she is not a gamecock. How childish and absurd. We fans do not own her life and we did not create her legacy, she did. Is a little gratitude and graciousness that difficult?

Unfortunately for some it is that difficult.
It's not a matter of difficulty. I know you won't agree with this, but in my view, she received just as much as she contributed. Maybe more. This decision is self-serving. It can't be viewed any other way. The silver lining is we have more guards on hand than one can shake a stick at.

And right now Jackson seems to be the best shooter. The rest of these guards seem scared to shoot and when they do, clankers. The best ball handling guard is Harris and the rest have trouble. Unless Cooper and Henderson are a step up, you have the same old.

And right now Jackson seems to be the best shooter. The rest of these guards seem scared to shoot and when they do, clankers. The best ball handling guard is Harris and the rest have trouble. Unless Cooper and Henderson are a step up, you have the same old.
I'm putting a lot of hope in those two - especially Cooper. I wish we could get a graduate transfer "Big" in here for next season. Then we might so something. She would be a Gamecock for life.;)

It's not a matter of difficulty. I know you won't agree with this, but in my view, she received just as much as she contributed. Maybe more. This decision is self-serving. It can't be viewed any other way. The silver lining is we have more guards on hand than one can shake a stick at.
"this decision is self-serving." Why shouldn't it be? What does she owe you?

You seem too emotional about this. She has her USC degree and a national championship ring. She will always be a Gamecock.

I’ve always believed it is normally better to get your graduate degree from a different school from your undergraduate. She has this opportunity and it’s all paid for. Good for her!

You seem too emotional about this. She has her USC degree and a national championship ring. She will always be a Gamecock.

I’ve always believed it is normally better to get your graduate degree from a different school from your undergraduate. She has this opportunity and it’s all paid for. Good for her!
I don't really care that much. I'm more focused on the golf game I have coming up at 2:00. But I do believe that her completing her college career elsewhere depletes her legacy here - even without changing the numbers. It just takes something away. What if Marcus Lattimore had done that? You know the feelings about him would be less warm. He also probably wouldn't be employed here now in the capacity he is. It matters where a person finishes up, more so from the athletic standpoint than the academic standpoint.

I don't really care that much. I'm more focused on the golf game I have coming up at 2:00. But I do believe that her completing her college career elsewhere depletes her legacy here - even without changing the numbers. It just takes something away. What if Marcus Lattimore had done that? You know the feelings about him would be less warm. He also probably wouldn't be employed here now in the capacity he is. It matters where a person finishes up, more so from the athletic standpoint than the academic standpoint.

“Depletes her legacy” and “no longer a Gamecock” are two different things.

Have you softened your stance?

No. If a person who was a Gamecock is no longer a Gamecock, depletion of the legacy is a by-product of that.

I recall you once shared that you attended USC but were unable to finish your degree there due to legitimate personal issues. (By the way, we as of yet do not know BCM’s reasons for the transfer. All speculation at this point.)

Does you lack of finishing in Columbia somehow diminish your love for the institution? Does it make you less of a Gamecock fan? Do you have a lesser desire for that elusive SEC football championship than the rest of us do somehow?

I recall you once shared that you attended USC but were unable to finish your degree there due to legitimate personal issues. (By the way, we as of yet do not know BCM’s reasons for the transfer. All speculation at this point.)

Does you lack of finishing in Columbia somehow diminish your love for the institution? Does it make you less of a Gamecock fan? Do you have a lesser desire for that elusive SEC football championship than the rest of us do somehow?
I received my degree from Limestone. That's where most of my money goes. But I still buy tickets to Gamecock sporting events. I want the best for the Gamecocks, as well as for the University. I am still a Gamecock fan. I hold no loyalty to any other major college. That said, had Carolina been the culmination of my academic career, it would also hold a higher place in my life's history and I would also be a bigger part of it. It's inescapable.

I received my degree from Limestone. That's where most of my money goes. But I still buy tickets to Gamecock sporting events. I want the best for the Gamecocks, as well as for the University. I am still a Gamecock fan. I hold no loyalty to any other major college. That said, had Carolina been the culmination of my academic career, it would also hold a higher place in my life's history and I would also be a bigger part of it. It's inescapable.

Fair enough. But you are still a Gamecock and so is BCM.

Fair enough. But you are still a Gamecock and so is BCM.
I appreciate your generous sentiment. She wore the uniform. She will cross the finish line of her college career wearing a different uniform, just as those two young ladies did last year while helping us to the national championship. Right now, I consider them to be Gamecocks to a greater extent than I do BCM. Time might alter that perception. I'm not saying I'm the only one who is right. I'm just telling you how it all strikes me today.

I appreciate your generous sentiment. She wore the uniform. She will cross the finish line of her college career wearing a different uniform, just as those two young ladies did last year while helping us to the national championship. Right now, I consider them to be Gamecocks to a greater extent than I do BCM. Time might alter that perception. I'm not saying I'm the only one who is right. I'm just telling you how it all strikes me today.

And send some of your fortune to Columbia! Your funding of Limestone is not helping us beat Clemmy consistently!

Reactions: king ward
Marcus did do that to us. He left a year early with eligibility left and no degree. Yet You hold him up as an example of loyalty. Bianca leaves after four years and with a degree. Both had injuries that changed their perspectives, both made adult decisions about their own lives and careers. Isn't one of the purposes of college to prepare you for life?

Marcus did do that to us. He left a year early with eligibility left and no degree. Yet You hold him up as an example of loyalty. Bianca leaves after four years and with a degree. Both had injuries that changed their perspectives, both made adult decisions about their own lives and careers. Isn't one of the purposes of college to prepare you for life?
The rebuttal will be that he didn't leave to go to another school.

(You do make a good point, and I thought of the same with regard to athletes that leave early to pursue other avenues.)

I believe she has aspirations of playing professional ball. Her chances are not good coming off the bench at USC. There will be many unknowns about the stability of her knee. I believe she made a wise decision.

Quickest lady PG who ever played here. Freakish athlete for her size. Good player. She will be missed.

... and a National Championship ring from Carolina too!
BCM has a championship ring and degree from Carolina. That's more than probably every person on this message board yet the regular "realists" are sitting on their high horses passing judgement on how much of a Gamecock she is. SMH.

Isn't Limestone like a diploma mill now? Kind of like Phoenix, Webster and ITT Tech?

Isn't Limestone like a diploma mill now? Kind of like Phoenix, Webster and ITT Tech?
Don't think so. I had actual professors who came to our work-site. They don't have a program administered totally online as far as I am aware. They do have several satellite campuses. Can't speak for anyone else, but I and the people I went through with had to do the work.

You obliviously haven't been reading his posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT