ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 proves what I said some time ago. University Presidents, even BOT's,

legalsizecock

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2000
Are not the all-powerful, end-all-be-all decision makers that some thought. Fans, students, coaches, players, etc. forced the College presidents' hands on this, and that is as it should be when short-sighted decisions are handed down from up high.

Sometimes the old rich guys are out of touch. This was one of those times.

Good for Nebraska, Ohio State and their fan bases for not giving up.

Their statement said “...we now have a plan in place for extensive testing...”
Do you mean like the SEC? The ACC? The freakin’ Sunbelt? Or are you insinuating the standards and policies we have in place aren’t doing enough?!
What a joke?! Blowhards.

Do you mean like the SEC? The ACC? The freakin’ Sunbelt? Or are you insinuating the standards and policies we have in place aren’t doing enough?!
What a joke?! Blowhards.
Big 10 bigwigs even screwed up their explanations for why they initially screwed up. They cannot get out of their own way.
They'd have been better served to say: "We screwed up. We heard you, and thank you for correcting us. We apologize. Let's play ball!"

Reactions: Brace1
Are not the all-powerful, end-all-be-all decision makers that some thought. Fans, students, coaches, players, etc. forced the College presidents' hands on this, and that is as it should be when short-sighted decisions are handed down from up high.

Sometimes the old rich guys are out of touch. This was one of those times.

Good for Nebraska, Ohio State and their fan bases for not giving up.

The better view is that the college President's originally bowed to the political pressure of their governors, and it took a while for the fans, coaches, players, alumni to push back hard enough politically to overcome that pressure. It is hard to take the position "it is too dangerous to do" when almost everyone else is doing it seemingly without consequence.

Very arogant move to shut down originally. Funny now. Guess they thought everyone would follow their lead. They were wrong. 🤣

Had to be tough to sit and watch ND play. 😂

Very arogant move to shut down originally. Funny now. Guess they thought everyone would follow their lead. They were wrong. 🤣

Had to be tough to sit and watch ND play. 😂

From what I am told, the Pac-10 shut down and they hurried to copy that thinking the momentum would cause the others to follow suit. They underestimated the love of football in the south.

Reactions: bucketdad
I worked for a large corporation for many years.I used to think in order to make it to the top these people were the brighest and smartest we had.Then after watching some of the idiotic decisions made from on high I realized that was not the case.Corporate politics and nepotism was the way to the top.Apparently that's the case in the Big 10.Come to think of it the corp.I worked for was in the heart of Big 10 country. Maybe a correlation there.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
What a joke?! Blowhards.
Pretentious, officious b@$t@rds is what they are - have been from the beginning.

Reactions: redrogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT