ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 "moving ahead" with fall football per report

treetop flier

Aug 25, 2000
No official announcement but reports are they will play. Two or three days ago I would have bet against us playing the season in the fall. But with 3 of the power 5 in it's looking better for fall football.
Next few days should be interesting.

What would be the point other than conference championships? You can`t have valid playoffs/bowls with 40 % of teams not involved. Sorry, have to agree with them - how can we(as a country) preach social distancing/masks, etc., and say it`s ok to bash each other, get all beat up/skinned up, breathe in people`s faces, bleed on each other, etc., for the sake of entertainment. Sorry can`t endorse football this year.

What would be the point other than conference championships? You can`t have valid playoffs/bowls with 40 % of teams not involved. Sorry, have to agree with them - how can we(as a country) preach social distancing/masks, etc., and say it`s ok to bash each other, get all beat up/skinned up, breathe in people`s faces, bleed on each other, etc., for the sake of entertainment. Sorry can`t endorse football this year.

Can’t be held hostage by those who don’t want to play.

Does anyone from the PAC-10 matter at all if talking championships?

I hope we play this fall.
Another learning year, but hopefully better!
Let’s Goooooo Mountaineers,

A- the 40% that are playing are the ones tang would have been in the championship anyway. B- it’s time to let go of some rules and return to normal life. I don’t see any more people than I did 4 months ago wearing mask and social distancing. Numbers have leveled out. Strap the helmets tight and let’s go.

Just call it a peaceful protest and let it roll. Or we could let teams play in the city streets with no masks on and all will be fine. They are going to be wearing special shields to stop some of the breathing in each others face. I never hear of anyone catching Covid because someone else bled on them. These men have youth on there side helping them fight off the "Wuhan Red Death". I wouldn't go to the mall if I were you there are people breathing there. It's not all about entertainment it's the life blood of many of these schools. One death from the virus is one too many but we have to go on with our life.

We have been on pins and needles here in Texas since 5PM CST. The Big 12 vote was 7-3 to play football. Both the SEC and ACC basically sent encouraging messages to the Big 12 minutes before that meeting.
So who were the 3 voting against? If you say the two were the Kansas schools (Dem Gov), I won’t be surprised.

So who were the 3 voting against? If you say the two were the Kansas schools (Dem Gov), I won’t be surprised.

We aren't real sure. There are different reports. It is confusing because some, like OU, preferred to play in the Spring, but did not want to cancel the season. Thus they may have voted to play in any vote to cancel the season. Kansas and Kansas State are highly suspected. For some reason West Virginia as well. Others say Iowa State. The ones I would have otherwise suspected, the private schools like TCU and Baylor, came out very loudly and publicly for playing. TxTech and Texas were clearly for playing. Okie State usually moves in lockstep with OU on conference issues.

So probably take any guess of three out of four of WVa, Kansas, KState and Iowa St. Your Kansas suspicions are very likely. At least one if not both.

Last edited:
Life has to go on at some point. I would play too if I had a 99.9% not to have a problem. You are more likely to die from a concussion on the field than Covid... Strap it up, stay away from grandma during the season and let's play football.

Reactions: carolinamyke
It’s a game of chicken now. 3 conferences left. The first one to blink will the be straw that breaks the camel’s back for the season.

I hope they all play, but I can’t help to think back to when I was watching Clemson in the playoffs and the TV showed that butt-grabbing dude, #42, puking water into his hand and spraying it everywhere as he ran back onto the field from the sidelines and into the huddle. That was gross then and even worse now. lol

I hope they all play, but I can’t help to think back to when I was watching Clemson in the playoffs and the TV showed that butt-grabbing dude, #42, puking water into his hand and spraying it everywhere as he ran back onto the field from the sidelines and into the huddle. That was gross then and even worse now. lol

Boulware was the main “ butt grabber “ but they had several. Some probably still on their team. I think it’s a new tradition
Dabo said “ boys will b boys “ like it was normal or maybe it was part of their practices
That plus all the ostarine
Some how get good players but a dang weird bunch up there

Boulware was the main “ butt grabber “ but they had several. Some probably still on their team. I think it’s a new tradition
Dabo said “ boys will b boys “ like it was normal or maybe it was part of their practices
That plus all the ostarine
Some how get good players but a dang weird bunch up there
You have obviously never been part of a high school locker room

We did to get under people’s skin. I ain’t gone lost the stuff I have seen in a locker room but poking what they did would be pg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT