ADVERTISEMENT

Big day tomorrow. My oldest daughter and myself attending USC orientation.

No it’s for fall semester.

I don’t remember going thru any orientation back in 1977 until the fallI could be wrong.

My HS English teacher had her son start college at USC for the 2nd semester of summer school. She reasoned that it was easier for a 17-18 yr old kid to get used to living on their own, and adapting to college academics & life without 20,000 other students on campus. She was right. Her son was very helpful to me by showing me the ropes when I arrived with the other 20,000 on campus in the fall because he had been there for 8 weeks. In addition, he got an early start by taking Western Civilization without 4-5 other subjects to compete for his time. Western Civ ... ugh! :confused:

I would highly suggest this for anyone with kids thinking about going to a large school.

Reactions: Judson1
I can’t wait. I’ve never toured the campus.
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour during my oldest son's orientation. Although we had been going to all the home football games, a lot of the basketball games, and too many baseball games to count, it still had been almost 30 years since I had spent that much time back on campus. Brought back some great memories, and it felt like I had never left. Must say that the buildings, roadways, and landscaping had improved tremendously since back in my day. Enjoy your tour/visit and soak it all up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT