ADVERTISEMENT

Big win tonight,thanks Holbrook!!!!!

Supercock1984

Jan 17, 2015
South Carolina
Big games from Wynkoop again,he is pitching great the last few games,And Martin is playing great as usual,what a season is having, And a shoutout to Coach Holbrook for Bouncing Back, I know ya read message boards Coach just wanna tell ya good job,keep it up!!

Reactions: searooster
Big games from Wynkoop again,he is pitching great the last few games,And Martin is playing great as usual,what a season is having, And a shoutout to Coach Holbrook for Bouncing Back, I know ya read message boards Coach just wanna tell ya good job,keep it up!!

Agree Supercock, still a tough road ahead the next 3 weeks,but this was a pretty good start if they're going to make any kind of run. We need to find a pitcher or 2 more to help Jack on Saturday and Sunday, though.

Great win!!

But I had those same great feelings last Friday night and the bottom fell out...

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself tomorrow and Sunday.

I am so tired of fans not being able to support a coach just because he is having a bad season,he needs our support,don't pile on people,let's show him the support he has earned and deserves!!

Solid win and good start to the weekend but we have two more games left and need to win the series at least. There's also been a big dropoff in pitching after Wynkoop-hopefully that will change this weekend.

Last edited:
It was a very good and much needed start to the weekend. Now for our staff to pitch well and everyone else just do their job and have fun. We really need to sweep these guys. Go Cocks...

We beat an Auburn team with a losing SEC record at our field. This is not a huge accomplishment but a welcomed win.

Holbrook didn't all of a sudden become a bad coach. He has never proven to be a good coach and the performance of his teams has been trending downward since he took the job. This season is not just a bad season; it is a horrible season.

I do not think Ray Tanner will fire Holbrook at the end of this season and think Yardcock fans need to be prepared for some bad baseball as long as Holbrook is here. He is a nice guy but has proven he is not head coach material at this time.

Reactions: CaliCock
Good Asst coach doesn't mean good head coach...

Chad may prove to be a good head coach at another level. The decline in the program started to show a couple of years back at the SR against UNC with poor fundamentals play in the field.

And continue into last season, this year the bottom fell out. You thought Jack Legget was bad, it took him from 2011 to now for the decline. It took Chad less tha 2 1/2 years...

Chad won't be fired, but you can bet he will have new asst coaches...

Reactions: CaliCock
Thanks for the positive post! Negative waves breed more negative waves and do not help the program. Go cocks!!!

We beat an Auburn team with a losing SEC record at our field. This is not a huge accomplishment but a welcomed win.

Holbrook didn't all of a sudden become a bad coach. He has never proven to be a good coach and the performance of his teams has been trending downward since he took the job. This season is not just a bad season; it is a horrible season.

I do not think Ray Tanner will fire Holbrook at the end of this season and think Yardcock fans need to be prepared for some bad baseball as long as Holbrook is here. He is a nice guy but has proven he is not head coach material at this time.
Ya are so clueless,Holbrook doesn't know Baseball??

More BAD baseball Saturday, Bullpen is horrible, can't hit the ball, MORE errors, etc. Face it, Carolina baseball right now is mediocre, at best. Sad, but true. Anyone claiming otherwise tell me why we are not.

1. Losing record in the SEC.
2. Lost series to a bad Clemson team, shutout at Carolina Stadium.
3. We have won two SEC weekend series through yesterday.
4. Attendance is down.
5. Fielding % continues to decline.
6. Seniors hitting below 200.
7. No bullpen. Losing one starter (Crowe) should not decimate the bullpen.
8. May not qualify for the SEC tournament.
9. No regional invitation.
10. Feel free to add more, because there are a lot............

We have declined all three years Holbrook has been at USC. Lost SR in 2013, lost Regional at home in 2014, and this year we will be sitting at home post-season. That is NOT Carolina baseball.........

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
We looked like a team that hasn't been coached the last few innings yesterday. Like the announcers said, the throw to 3rd base was in time but our 3rd baseman wasn't on the bag. He was about 3 feet away. I'm not a Teddy Heffner fan but all season long he's been saying that our 3rd baseman plays out of position.

More BAD baseball Saturday, Bullpen is horrible, can't hit the ball, MORE errors, etc. Face it, Carolina baseball right now is mediocre, at best. Sad, but true. Anyone claiming otherwise tell me why we are not.

1. Losing record in the SEC.
2. Lost series to a bad Clemson team, shutout at Carolina Stadium.
3. We have won two SEC weekend series through yesterday.
4. Attendance is down.
5. Fielding % continues to decline.
6. Seniors hitting below 200.
7. No bullpen. Losing one starter (Crowe) should not decimate the bullpen.
8. May not qualify for the SEC tournament.
9. No regional invitation.
10. Feel free to add more, because there are a lot............

We have declined all three years Holbrook has been at USC. Lost SR in 2013, lost Regional at home in 2014, and this year we will be sitting at home post-season. That is NOT Carolina baseball.........

Team batting average is like #239 out of 295 teams, or whatever the total number of teams there are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT