ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest thing that hurts recruiting...

Chopper007

Jan 20, 2013
is the almost pervasive feeling between alumni and fans that the defensive side of the ball, in particular the defensive coordinator, is incompetent.

Originally posted by Chopper007:

is the almost pervasive feeling between alumni and fans that the defensive side of the ball, in particular the defensive coordinator, is incompetent.
Well if those people are right than this a dang big problem don't you think? Much bigger than having around a #20 recruiting class vs a #10. Maybe if the fans feel that way the recruits may also feel that way without any help form anyone else? Just throwing that out there. The defense we played this year might have something to do with why people feel that way maybe? But let's not go there today. I'm not in the mood.

This post was edited on 1/17 7:11 PM by ReadR00ster

Wrong.

most fan bases have fans that think their coaches are totally incompetent after a loss. I think it is amplified here because we have a frustrated fan base and Clemson fans that stoke the fires. We have a small population base that is split between 2 teams so they fight hard for those players. Part of that includes causing dissent among the other team.

the biggest thing hurting recruiting is the fact that the coaches on the defensive side of the ball are incompetent

Originally posted by spinrbait:
the biggest thing hurting recruiting is the fact that the coaches on the defensive side of the ball are incompetent
Yeah, it's not that fans think it. It's that incompetent coaches proved emphatically they were incompetent. It's not like any Gamecock fan wanted them to be incompetent. It's not we wanted that reality check. It's takes a lot for me to get to the point where I feel like a coach to gtfo. The only other times I felt that way were about Darrin Horn and Brad Scott. Would you not wanted to still have Brad Scott fired just because you worried it would hurt recruiting?
This post was edited on 1/19 6:04 PM by ReadR00ster

Originally posted by b.wun:
most fan bases have fans that think their coaches are totally incompetent after a loss. I think it is amplified here because we have a frustrated fan base and Clemson fans that stoke the fires. We have a small population base that is split between 2 teams so they fight hard for those players. Part of that includes causing dissent among the other team.
No. The reason why people think the defensive coaches are incompetent isn't because they lost this game or that game. The reason why is that for an entire season the defensive played like incompetent coaches were coaching them.

is the almost pervasive feeling between alumni and fans that the defensive side of the ball, in particular the defensive coordinator, is incompetent[/B].
Yes...............................HE IS!

What was Sparky's favorite excuse line (or maybe it was Brad's): "Couldn't execute".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT