ADVERTISEMENT

"Biggest weight room in the state"

Well, yes, certainly. However, the realities of college football recruiting scream for a certain level, i.e. HIGH, of 'bells and whistles'. I suggest we close that gap before construction is completed, BUT keep it under wraps until that time. If it's private money doing the financing, we can do anything we damn well please!

Reactions: andypants
Like my old lady always says "size isn't that important". What we need is to have some really cool things in there so guys want to spend more time in the weight room. I liked the previous posters idea about hot tubs with TVs that show Vin Deisel movies, that would fit perfectly because are players are bad asses just like him.

But we need more to really let people know we are here to win championships. Obviously, we need to have a killer stereo playing Gun'n Roses, Metallica, Hootie and the Blowfish, and Poison. Maybe at the grand opening, we could get Chuck Norris or Ric Flair to cut the ribbon, I heard Coach Boom is personal friends with both of them. But, I don't think we need a slide, putt-putt course, or anything like that. This is where the hard-nosed kids with a chip on their shoulder, that Coach Boom recruits, are going to put work in. This doesn't need to be some fancy country club place, this needs to be serious and tough, just like coach Boom.

The most important part if you ask me is the weight room!

I think clemson was saying their weight room was the biggest football only weight room in the country. Does that mean Carolinas is not football only or that it is now biggest in the country? Why say biggest in the state if it is in fact the largest in the country. Am I missing something?

Like my old lady always says "size isn't that important". What we need is to have some really cool things in there so guys want to spend more time in the weight room. I liked the previous posters idea about hot tubs with TVs that show Vin Deisel movies, that would fit perfectly because are players are bad asses just like him.

But we need more to really let people know we are here to win championships. Obviously, we need to have a killer stereo playing Gun'n Roses, Metallica, Hootie and the Blowfish, and Poison. Maybe at the grand opening, we could get Chuck Norris or Ric Flair to cut the ribbon, I heard Coach Boom is personal friends with both of them. But, I don't think we need a slide, putt-putt course, or anything like that. This is where the hard-nosed kids with a chip on their shoulder, that Coach Boom recruits, are going to put work in. This doesn't need to be some fancy country club place, this needs to be serious and tough, just like coach Boom.

I tend to agree. The FOP should serve three purposes: (1) strength-conditioning & training (2) offices for the football staff and (3) recruiting. 'Extras' such as slides, putt-putt golf, bumper cars, etc. sound good and, at first glance, they look good, but are they really necessary? Do they contribute to the advancement of the football program?

Maybe a tropic-themed rock swimming pool with cascading waterfalls would be appropriate.:D

This isn't 1970's recruiting, or even 1990's recruiting. When I gradated in 1991, we would've been floored by what we have now. It's a different generation though. You are only lying to yourself if you think the amenities at CU aren't at least somewhat influential. On the surface, the Foosball Facility just seems like a glorified IPF, which we already have. But go ahead, and make it utilitarian, something all 18-22 year-old kids care about. We have supposedly much more money, but much less vision. I hope there are some mind blowing surprises, but for now just skeptical.

Like my old AF boss used to say, we are so far behind, we think we're ahead. Winning will definitely solve some of it, but the rest?

Reactions: allyourbase

I hope my wife never says, "Size doesn't matter".

I tend to agree. The FOP should serve three purposes: (1) strength-conditioning & training (2) offices for the football staff and (3) recruiting. 'Extras' such as slides, putt-putt golf, bumper cars, etc. sound good and, at first glance, they look good, but are they really necessary? Do they contribute to the advancement of the football program?

Maybe a tropic-themed rock swimming pool with cascading waterfalls would be appropriate.:D

(4) Offices and AV meeting rooms with state of the art digital media for analysis of "film" and VR systems for players and coaches.

The players will be tired of them in about 3 days anyway. I remember getting all excited about a hotel I stayed at once that had putt-putt right on the grounds. It was fun for about 3 hours. Then we went to the beach.

The players will be tired of them in about 3 days anyway. I remember getting all excited about a hotel I stayed at once that had putt-putt right on the grounds. It was fun for about 3 hours. Then we went to the beach.
I don't think the stuff is meant to be used by each player on an everyday basis

You say that the putt putt was fun for 3 hours and you went to the beach. Yeah, but you stayed at the hotel! The putt putt was there to sell to teenage boys and their families and you all bought it! It did its job.

That's what Clemson's bells and whistles are for. Yeah, few of their recruits are going to care about the slide and putt putt by the time they're sophomores. That's not the point. The point is to blow away recruits so that they buy the product. Sounds like it's working. We need to do the same and more.

Reactions: lostcock
a nap room? Will that ever even get used?

Actually I think the nap rooms are a great idea. During summer and fall workouts. Kids go to practice then instead of going all the way back to their place they can shower, eat, take a quick nap and hit he weight room, rehab, etc. It cuts all the travel out if they wanna catch a quick nap before practice or in between workout sessions.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I don't think the stuff is meant to be used by each player on an everyday basis

The putt putt might not get used often but im willing to bet the basketball court, pool tables, bowling ally, etc will get used a ton. Swinney said he wants the players to bring their non football friends and girl friends around the place also so im sure it will get used enough to justify the cost. Turnipseed said in an interview that all that entertainment stuff only added about 3 million to the cost of the place so it only increased the cost about 5%. I would said that was worth it for the "wow" factor.

Actually I think the nap rooms are a great idea. During summer and fall workouts. Kids go to practice then instead of going all the way back to their place they can shower, eat, take a quick nap and hit he weight room, rehab, etc. It cuts all the travel out if they wanna catch a quick nap before practice or in between workout sessions.

Go look at old interviews about 2 a day summers. Players would just find a quiet spot on the floor for a nap. That one idea makes sense

Obviously, we need to have a killer stereo playing Gun'n Roses, Metallica, Hootie and the Blowfish, and Poison. Maybe at the grand opening, we could get Chuck Norris or Ric Flair to cut the ribbon, I heard Coach Boom is personal friends with both of them.

I agree if we are going to recruit 50-60 year old athletes. 17-18 year old kids have no idea who these are....except maybe Hootie.

It's all about the mindset that the players create and take ownership. It needs to be a dungeon. I know back in the day at Pitt players like Bill Fralic, Jimbo Covert would on their days off would go lift heavy in jeans and work boots. I was not born with the genetic potential to be a great power lifter. Our athletes win the genetic lottery and I hope we can get our guys strong as possible. As I write this I remember how Alabamas S&C was getting such accolades. I'm not sure he deserves that because he gets freaks walking through the door everyday to make him look good.

Good post, imo. Purple was always a trim color - never an alternate color at Clemson. Wasn't it Bowden who 'brought out' the use of Purple?

Yea, against GT back in 2006. Before that the purple was only used once back in 1929. Personally my favorite uniform is the all white road gear.

Yea, against GT back in 2006. Before that the purple was only used once back in 1929. Personally my favorite uniform is the all white road gear.
Yeah, loved those Barney uniforms, lol.... Those were the most embarrassing uniforms ever worn by a college team. I couldn't stop laughing for a month!

This guy gets it. Throw in a little Def Leppard too.

The putt putt might not get used often but im willing to bet the basketball court, pool tables, bowling ally, etc will get used a ton. Swinney said he wants the players to bring their non football friends and girl friends around the place also so im sure it will get used enough to justify the cost. Turnipseed said in an interview that all that entertainment stuff only added about 3 million to the cost of the place so it only increased the cost about 5%. I would said that was worth it for the "wow" factor.

Will players be allowed to bring girlfriends into the nap rooms? Wonder how the Tater "holier than thou" crowd would spin that?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
ADVERTISEMENT