ADVERTISEMENT

Binge worthy Shows?

psmith5532

Sep 14, 2008
Greenville, SC
So...with no sports in the horizon what's a good series to watch. I just finished Outlander and Sense 8. FYI, I like killing and sex type shows so keep that in mind. Laughing

Longmire is good. It's about a small-town Wyoming sheriff. Not much sex, but there's at least one killing on most episodes. There are 68 hour-long episodes. Gerald McRaney, Lou Diamond Phillips and A Martinez are the most recognizable names, and all are excellent.

Longmire is worth watching just for the incredible scenery. Vic is pretty hot also.

Reactions: bushmastercock
Longmire is good. It's about a small-town Wyoming sheriff. Not much sex, but there's at least one killing on most episodes. There are 68 hour-long episodes. Gerald McRaney, Lou Diamond Phillips, Graham Greene and A Martinez are the most recognizable names, and all are excellent.
Somebody recommended this to me a couple of weeks ago...I'll put this on my list.

Line of Duty -- British cop drama on Acorn and AMC. Really well done.
Endeavour, Inspector Lewis, the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett, Inspector Gently, Morse, Midsommer Murders, etc.

Only thing better than English mystery is British humor.

Everyone has different tastes, but:
1) Narcos - every season. Death. Sex. Drugs. What more can you ask for?
2) Breaking Bad - who hasn’t actually watched this yet?
3) Ozark - every season. This should be #1, but Narcos has more killing and sex with more seasons. But Ozark has outstanding character development.
4) Jack Ryan - but you need Amazon Prime
5) Schitt’s Creek - it’s funny
6) Dead to Me - watch a show with the wife. It’s tolerable, and it will make her happy. Also applies to #5.

I challenge everyone on this board to start with this season and go backwards of a cartoon called SQUIDBILLIES. They are only 15 minutes an episode but it is extremely funny... Start with this season and work your way back.

Endeavour, Inspector Lewis, the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett, Inspector Gently, Morse, Midsommer Murders, etc.

I have watched all of those. BBC/Masterpiece PBS productions are far superior to what we are now producing in the US. We rarely watch a Hollywood tv series/movie. No Brit. Gaffney 70.

Go Indians (is that still OK?)

Last edited:
The Office, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Dexter and Stranger things is pretty good also.

Hannibal is probably good but some of the scenes grossed me out. The guy who was leaving people In the woods who were in some sort of a coma and growing mushrooms out of them. Ew

If you haven't seen it, or if you have, there's nothing better than The Sopranos. I'm thinking about binging it for the third time. Also, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwallk Empire, Justified, and as others have said, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are all fantastic. I'm currently watching Bosch on Amazon and it's really pretty good too.

The Office, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Dexter and Stranger things is pretty good also.

Hannibal is probably good but some of the scenes grossed me out. The guy who was leaving people In the woods who were in some sort of a coma and growing mushrooms out of them. Ew
Yeah, the dark premise and heavy material are why I stopped watching Criminal Minds.

Cannot recommend Hannibal enough. While no one will ever top Sir Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, Mads Mikelson is really good. Also I like Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford SO much better than either Scott Glen (SOTL), Dennis Farina (Manhunter), and Harvey Keitel (Red Dragon).
Last Kingdom
Vikings
Plenty of killing and sex in both of those.
Oh yeah...and there's this one called Game Of Thrones.
Ozark is AMAZING!
Yellowstone just started season 3 on Paramount.
YOU is a crazy wild twist on stalking gone too far.

Money Heist, Breaking Bad, and Ozark. Hard for me to get into any other series after those three. Did watch Outerbanks but just because it was filmed in Mt. Pleasant and Charleston area. I've been to every restaurant, bar, creek and beach shown in the movie. Recognized some of the "extras" as well....

Reactions: 92Pony
My personal favorites especially if you liked Outlander and Game of thrones

1. The Witcher (tons of sex and violence and Henry Cavill is a BADASS)
2. Last kingdom (fantastic)
3. Peaky Blinders
4. Breaking Bad... of Course
5. Son of Anarchy (still my all time favorite)
6. Justified ( can’t believe I didn’t watch this when it was on , freaking love it )
7. Californication (probably the raunchiest show in TV history but one of funniest ever)
8. Vikings ( last two season sucked but the first few were awesome)

that should keep you busy until at least Christmas

Game of Thrones of course but the last season just kills it for me ... have fun

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
The Marvel Series on Netflix are really good and it was nice that they tied them all together. Still disappointed Disney killed those when they were better than a lot of the stuff they’ve put out.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

You would probably like Broadchurch as well. It's a well written British mystery and a good slow-simmer drama.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad is probably the first series I binged watch a few years ago. Still haven't seen anything better then this. Game of Thrones was good as well.
I agree, Breaking Bad is very very good. But I actually think I like Better Call Saul better. The worst thing about BCS is that they only make 10 episodes per season and take what feels like a 2-year hiatus between each one.

The Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes are great.

ADVERTISEMENT