ADVERTISEMENT

Binge worthy Shows?

Have you heard of Tiger King? Jk

watching “You” on Netflix now. Definitely has sex and murder.

Ozark is really good and so was Love on the Spectrum

Cannot recommend Hannibal enough. While no one will ever top Sir Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, Mads Mikelson is really good. Also I like Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford SO much better than either Scott Glen (SOTL), Dennis Farina (Manhunter), and Harvey Keitel (Red Dragon).
Last Kingdom
Vikings
Plenty of killing and sex in both of those.
Oh yeah...and there's this one called Game Of Thrones.
Ozark is AMAZING!
Yellowstone just started season 3 on Paramount.
YOU is a crazy wild twist on stalking gone too far.

You are too refined, too well educated and too elegant of a young woman to be watching such.

Just finished Mindhunter on Netflix, it was very good. I really liked the ending on Wayne Williams. Filmed in a lot of places I recognized around town. I did not live in ATL back then and did not know a lot of the details about that investigation. I never knew that only two of the murders were ever prosecuted, the rest remain unsolved. But it all ended when he was caught. The local politicians really wanted it to be the KKK and for this reason justice was never served for so many. And the introduction of forensics like fiber evidence, something that is every day now was not credible back then.

The Missus and I don't watch the cussin, bed rustlin, drug heavy shows, we prefer them a little nicer. Hard to find these days. But, we like some of the British cop shows. DCI Banks on Amazon and Hinterlands on Netflix are excellent atmospheric, scenery driven series with deadly serious cops. The latter has terrific Wales Scenery.

The Missus and I don't watch the cussin, bed rustlin, drug heavy shows, we prefer them a little nicer. Hard to find these days. But, we like some of the British cop shows. DCI Banks on Amazon and Hinterlands on Netflix are excellent atmospheric, scenery driven series with deadly serious cops. The latter has terrific Wales Scenery.
Broadchurch is a nice procedural series. The subject is a little heavy, with the first season being about the death and possible murder of a child and the second season is a rape, but the show is pretty nice overall and isn't particularly graphic or overly sailor-mouthed.

I just finished the Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Not a bad show. It's a somewhat lighter Watchmen. Still pretty dark, but a nice fun little show about child superheroes all grown up and mentally unstable.
I agree. Just finished the Umbrella Academy myself and enjoyed it. I liked the time travel aspect of it especially.

I must be the only one around here who watches Criminal Minds and CSI:Miami ...
I did really like Walking Dead, though

I read the books too. Dr. Lecter is one of the best literary villains ever written. IMO, he's second only to Iago.

In the TV Series Yellowstone, did someone get hanged? The reason I am asking is because I didn't think people were hanged in the modern day Western Series like Yellowstone.

Reactions: cocks rule
Okay, sorry I thought it was about the Ripper murders.
They are mentioned since Inspector Reid "worked" the crimes, along with Frederick Abberline (real life detective on the Ripper case) . They aren't actually delved into until the series finale when Reid has a series of flashbacks, mainly of the Mary Kelly murder, after Abberline tells him their main suspect is back in WC under an assumed name.

Cobra Kai. I thought it was going to be horrible. It is pretty amazing. Not at all what I expected. The writers deserve accolades for it.

Reactions: Judson1
Peaky blinders, Ozark, Broadchurch and Cobra Kai. I should finish the latter by kickoff and claim the coronacation binge championship.

Loved Peaky Blinders but I can't hang with a show but for about three or four seasons. I did watch all of Breaking Bad though.

Better Call Saul, but only if you watched all of Breaking Bad.
On second thought, it might be better to watch Saul first. It's a prequel if you haven't watched any of it and live under a rock.

Peaky blinders, Ozark, Broadchurch and Cobra Kai. I should finish the latter by kickoff and claim the coronacation binge championship.
I liked Cobra Kai, but it was terribly telegraphed all throughout with a few red herrings. It plays Johnny mostly as a fool who stopped existing between 1986 and 2018, despite fathering a child in 2002. But he's oblivious to technology and style as though he has never even been exposed to it between '86 and '18. Still its fun for comic relief at times. The show allows and encourages too much drinking and driving (the two main characters did it at least 4 times in the first two seasons). Other than that, I like where it's headed.

Really liked Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Witcher.

For something a bit lighter, I thought Hanna was good. Reminded me of Jason Bourne. Didn't watch the movie yet.

I also enjoyed Grimm series about Portland detectives solving crimes involving mythological creatures. A little silly at times, still enjoyed it.

Cobra Kai. I thought it was going to be horrible. It is pretty amazing. Not at all what I expected. The writers deserve accolades for it.
It’s pr
I liked Cobra Kai, but it was terribly telegraphed all throughout with a few red herrings. It plays Johnny mostly as a fool who stopped existing between 1986 and 2018, despite fathering a child in 2002. But he's oblivious to technology and style as though he has never even been exposed to it between '86 and '18. Still its fun for comic relief at times. The show allows and encourages too much drinking and driving (the two main characters did it at least 4 times in the first two seasons). Other than that, I like where it's headed.
i think they kinda went overboard on the kissing with the kids in season 2,imo.i know a few adults now that aren’t very technical and still owns flip phones.i like the series though.

It’s pr

i think they kinda went overboard on the kissing with the kids in season 2,imo.i know a few adults now that aren’t very technical and still owns flip phones.i like the series though.
It's not even about flip phones, but his complete unfamiliarty with the internet, or even the concept of the internet at first. But it's a decent show. I like where they are heading into season 3.

ADVERTISEMENT