ADVERTISEMENT

Binge worthy Shows?

Longmire is good. It's about a small-town Wyoming sheriff. Not much sex, but there's at least one killing on most episodes. There are 68 hour-long episodes. Gerald McRaney, Lou Diamond Phillips, Graham Greene and A Martinez are the most recognizable names, and all are excellent.

How could you leave off Katy Sackhoff and Cassidy Freeman. I have to watch it in the morning so I can blame on morning wood.

Everyone has different tastes, but:
1) Narcos - every season. Death. Sex. Drugs. What more can you ask for?
2) Breaking Bad - who hasn’t actually watched this yet?
3) Ozark - every season. This should be #1, but Narcos has more killing and sex with more seasons. But Ozark has outstanding character development.
4) Jack Ryan - but you need Amazon Prime
5) Schitt’s Creek - it’s funny
6) Dead to Me - watch a show with the wife. It’s tolerable, and it will make her happy. Also applies to #5.

*raises hand*

*raises hand*

Unless you’re not into it, do it. The first episode in particular was kinda weird, and almost made us write the show off, but my wife rewatched it, and said let’s keep on going. Then we watched seasons 1-5 every night until we finished, sometimes 2-3 episodes a night. Once it gets started, Vince is a master cliffhanger. If you do watch it and like it, you gotta take some time after to watch Saul and El Camino just to decompress

Breaking Bad is probably the first series I binged watch a few years ago. Still haven't seen anything better then this. Game of Thrones was good as well.

If you haven’t seen Saul yet, see what I told Jeff above. In some ways I do like it more, probably because it gives a lot more depth to Mike’s character, who is the best on the show, imo

Reactions: importcock
Best series not mentioned here: Justified (Timothy Olyphant is Clint Eastwood-esque cool; All 5 seasons excellent; Very satisfying ending)

Honorable mention: Deadwood (Gritty depiction of the Old West; Has more cuss words than Scarface; Unfortunately ends abruptly/prematurely like Bloodline)

I was talked into watching "The Morning Show" on Apple TV starring Steve Carrol, Reese Witherspoon, and Jennifer Aniston last night. My wife was in the biz in her previous life...but it's pretty good so far. Pretty realistic of the in's and out's of the News business. Just one season so you can push through it pretty fast.

Just started (another) Sopranos series re-watch. Michael Imperiloli (Christopher) & Steve Schirripa (Bobby) recently started a new Podcast - ‘Talking Sopranos’ where they are doing a rewatch of the series (1 episode per week in series order) & commenting on the show & behind the scenes action - casting, story/character development, plus untold funny stories of cast & crew. They have guests as well. Just finished season 1.
I highly recommend it to any fan of the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: importcock
Some really good shows not mentioned...

Lucifer- great show with witty humor and a unique storyline with sex appeal

Mindhunter- based on the hunt for 70’s serial killers. Very well done. Nothing sexy about it!

Vampire Diaries- not my usual type of show but watched it with my teenage son. I really liked it. Along this line, we also watched Smallville and Friday Night Lights. Both of those were entertaining as well.

Chuck- has it all. Cool story line, love affair, action, hot babes, and funny!

Prison Break- couldn’t stop watching. It should have ended on season 5. Just finished it.

The Unit- saw it a few years back and really liked it. About a special ops team.

Flashpoint- best cop tv show imo. My wife and I watched it together several years ago.

Binge watched Breaking Bad back in March. Did the same with Better Call Saul. Also, watched You on Netflix. Just started Dexter the other night.
All three of those are top 20 TV of all time. Breaking Bad has to be top 5. Two others I will add.. Shamless and Billions. Both Showtime shows. I know Shameless is on Netflex not sure about Billions

We just finished Glitch on Netflix. It’s an Australian show and was only three seasons. The best thing is there is an actual ending.

Longmire is worth watching just for the incredible scenery. Vic is pretty hot also.
Vic is majorly hot. Walt Longmire was one of the agents in The Matrix.

Hell on Wheels is a great binge watch as well. My golf partner and I still refer to each other as Mr. Bohannon and Mr. Ferguson.

Just started watching "Hunters" (Al Pacino) and pretty good from the start. About a group hunting Nazis that escaped to America after the war.

List:
Yellowstone (great)
Ozark
Stranger Things
Parenthood
Longmire
WWII in color
WWII in HD
Last Chance U
QB 1
Outer Banks

Unless you’re not into it, do it. The first episode in particular was kinda weird, and almost made us write the show off, but my wife rewatched it, and said let’s keep on going. Then we watched seasons 1-5 every night until we finished, sometimes 2-3 episodes a night. Once it gets started, Vince is a master cliffhanger. If you do watch it and like it, you gotta take some time after to watch Saul and El Camino just to decompress
I tried a few years ago. I got through the first 3 episodes (I think) and they just drug out soooo long. Everybody says to keep going but there are just so many other shows to watch, plus of course I already know what happens at the end because that's all people were talking about at the time.

I also tried with Ozark mainly because I have always loved Jason Bateman but after that first episode I stopped.

I tried a few years ago. I got through the first 3 episodes (I think) and they just drug out soooo long. Everybody says to keep going but there are just so many other shows to watch, plus of course I already know what happens at the end because that's all people were talking about at the time.

I also tried with Ozark mainly because I have always loved Jason Bateman but after that first episode I stopped.
You're missing out on Ozarks...it rivals Breaking Bad IMO

Since I haven’t seen other mentions of them, I’d throw in Sneaky Pete and Goliath on Prime Video. Disappointed that SP isn’t being renewed, but it’s a fun show for 3 seasons with a great cast executive produced and starred in for one season by Bryan Cranston (Prime apparently is getting leaner with their lineup of original programming to clear $ for their upcoming Tolkien-verse series). Billy Bob Thornton is great in Goliath as well if you enjoy legal procedurals that are more colorful than what’s on network TV.

Since I haven’t seen other mentions of them, I’d throw in Sneaky Pete and Goliath on Prime Video. Disappointed that SP isn’t being renewed, but it’s a fun show for 3 seasons with a great cast executive produced and starred in for one season by Bryan Cranston (Prime apparently is getting leaner with their lineup of original programming to clear $ for their upcoming Tolkien-verse series). Billy Bob Thornton is great in Goliath as well if you enjoy legal procedurals that are more colorful than what’s on network TV.
I loved the first season of Goliath. Second season was ok. Couldn't make it past a couple of episodes of Season three.

My personal favorites especially if you liked Outlander and Game of thrones

1. The Witcher (tons of sex and violence and Henry Cavill is a BADASS)
2. Last kingdom (fantastic)
3. Peaky Blinders
4. Breaking Bad... of Course
5. Son of Anarchy (still my all time favorite)
6. Justified ( can’t believe I didn’t watch this when it was on , freaking love it )
7. Californication (probably the raunchiest show in TV history but one of funniest ever)
8. Vikings ( last two season sucked but the first few were awesome)

that should keep you busy until at least Christmas

Game of Thrones of course but the last season just kills it for me ... have fun
Biggest problem with the Witcher us how they jump around with the storylines. I got it because I read the books and I knew relatively quickly which story they were telling. But to the casual viewer it was wildly confusing. I also to umbrage with a few of the story details they changed.

Biggest problem with the Witcher us how they jump around with the storylines. I got it because I read the books and I knew relatively quickly which story they were telling. But to the casual viewer it was wildly confusing. I also to umbrage with a few of the story details they changed.

Yeah the timeline would have been super confusing for non book readers . Overall it was way better than I expected . I went in expecting to be disappointed. I thought Henry nailed it and the actress that played Yen was surprisingly good . Like you there were a few details that were a little weird but that’s to be expected I guess . Overall I was pretty happy with it . Really looking forward to season 2 .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT