ADVERTISEMENT

Binge worthy Shows?

Best series not mentioned here: Justified (Timothy Olyphant is Clint Eastwood-esque cool; All 5 seasons excellent; Very satisfying ending)

Honorable mention: Deadwood (Gritty depiction of the Old West; Has more cuss words than Scarface; Unfortunately ends abruptly/prematurely like Bloodline)

Justified is awesome !!! I love how every season they have a new great bad guy . The Bennett’s and the Limehouse crew were awesome . Yeah Justified has slowly slipped into my top 5 .

Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Killing, Justified, Ozark, Bad Blood, The Shield, Bosch. If you like sex and death, Sons of Anarchy seemed to be a vehicle for both. It seems they were trying to kill people in increasingly gruesome ways each episode. I'm currently in the middle of Bates Motel. I'm really enjoying it. It's twisted but the story line is much broader than just Norman's mental issues.

This guy gets it. The Wire is hands down the best show in the history of television IMO. The rest of my list would go...

2. The Shield
3. Breaking Bad
4. Justified
5. The Americans
6. Sons of Anarchy
7. Bosch-just finished season 6 on Amazon
I think you and I were separated at birth.

Reactions: QC Cock
1. Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. Walking Dead
4. Narcos
5. Boesch
6. Stranger things
7. Sons of Anarchy
8. Ozark
9 Queen of the South
10. Justified

The Wire on HBO is good. The affair is pretty good also on showtime. Homeland on showtime is another good one.

A few that haven't been mentioned that are excellent:

Succession - HBO

Reckoning - Netflix

The Outsider - HBO

The Leftovers - HBO

Waco - Netflix

Rectify - Netflix

Messiah - Netflix

Chernobyl also an excellent mini-series on HBO.
This is next on my list.

Also, I saw where someone said Rectify. One of the best shows of the last decade. I watched it back when it was on the Sundance Channel but am going to rewatch it now that it is on Netflix.

Reactions: RickyRooster
Best series not mentioned here: Justified (Timothy Olyphant is Clint Eastwood-esque cool; All 5 seasons excellent; Very satisfying ending)

Honorable mention: Deadwood (Gritty depiction of the Old West; Has more cuss words than Scarface; Unfortunately ends abruptly/prematurely like Bloodline)
Agree 100%. If you haven’t seen Justified I highly recommend it. It’s awesome.

Reactions: mUSiC-man
This is next on my list.

Also, I saw where someone said Rectify. One of the best shows of the last decade. I watched it back when it was on the Sundance Channel but am going to rewatch it now that it is on Netflix.

Rectify is on my list above. If you like Aden Young as an actor, he is pretty awesome in Reckoning on Netflix too, which is also on my list.

Reactions: JeffTweedyFan
I've been watching
Bryan Bros Golf on YouTube if that counts a binge watching.as for regular tv i cant get past 2-3 episodes(30mins) of something before i have to stop.don't have to attention span to last any longer.

I binge watch YouTube on my TV. I watch a lot videos about personal finance, Tesla cars, green energy and real estate investing. Lately I been watching a lot of videos of Lions down in Kruger National Park. I like watching YouTube, because I can watch about any topic I want, commercials seem to be minimal and most videos are less than 30 minutes. My wife makes fun of me because I will binge watch this stuff on my time off and she calls it my professional development. But this is my learning/entertainment channel.

USCALUMNI

I second Schitts Creek. Hilarious. Most comedies now are not funny but this is great.

Made a list of shows from this thread to check out

I binge watch YouTube on my TV. I watch a lot videos about personal finance, Tesla cars, green energy and real estate investing. Lately I been watching a lot of videos of Lions down in Kruger National Park. I like watching YouTube, because I can watch about any topic I want, commercials seem to be minimal and most videos are less than 30 minutes. My wife makes fun of me because I will binge watch this stuff on my time off and she calls it my professional development. But this is my learning/entertainment channel.

USCALUMNI
Same. Except I binge watch fishing, old live music performances and car restoration and other automotive related videos mostly. I'll watch hunting, but I'm too lazy or otherwise occupied to actually do it.

Reactions: SCexpat38

USCALUMNI

My Mom's neighbor restores old cars for a hobby. He said whenever he runs into something he can't figure out how to do he goes to YouTube and there's a how-to video for it.

You Tube is really an amazing place when you think about all the knowledge on there.

My Mom's neighbor restores old cars for a hobby. He said whenever he runs into something he can't figure out how to do he goes to YouTube and there's a how-to video for it.

You Tube is really an amazing place when you think about all the knowledge on there.
YES! If you want to know about it, it's probably there already. I used YouTube to change the water pump impeller on my outboard motor a few years back. You can use YT as a guide to rebuild an engine in your own driveway. As for fishing, I have to be careful because it's used as an infomercial for new lures more than actual instruction. You can find the latter, but you have to be wise about it.

Reactions: SCexpat38
FYI for you 80’s kids the Cobra Kai series will be available on Netflix starting tomorrow the 28th.

Reactions: GooseCretian
That is what I was told...said season 8 was worthless. I'm on season 3 and it's good so far.
John Lithgow makes an excellent foil later. Seaon 8 as a whole wasn't bad, just the last few episodes, IMO. The ending feels like something Dexter himself made up (since in the books he is the narrator) as a shoehorned happy ending.

Reactions: psmith5532
My favorite alltime binges

1# Sopranos
2# Breaking Bad
3# Dexter
4# Ozark
5# Walking dead season 1-4. After that it fell off a cliff.

IDK if I've responded to this thread. But The Wire is the best show I've watched. It did a great job of protraying gritty realism without "jumping the shark".

A true vulgarian.

Funny, a friend brought her younger daughter to the lake a couple of weeks ago, along with her daughter's friend. The daughter's friend kept dropping the F-bomb left and right. We started calling her Ruth.

I just finished the Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Not a bad show. It's a somewhat lighter Watchmen. Still pretty dark, but a nice fun little show about child superheroes all grown up and mentally unstable.

Reactions: Lou219
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT