ADVERTISEMENT

Blame it On 'Virginia' - SEC Looking Good

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
Auburn's 1st football coach - some guy named Petrie was a UVA alumnus and chose orange and blue for the Auburn Tigers colors, 'borrowed' from his own Cavaliers.
Later, Auburn's football coach - some guy named Riggs went to clemson taking the colors, the name 'tigers' and the mascot with him in 1896. He 'favored' purple over blue and took that, too.
clemson didn't actually have a mascot until the 1950's when a student donated a tiger suit, which even with numerous changes has never been as ritzy or as catching as the stylized Auburn tiger-mascot.
The 'rivalry' hasn't been close.
clemson likes to talk about their 'dominance' of South Carolina ... which 'historically' is 60%-40% although USC has dominated recently - winning 5 of the last 6 games.
Domination? Auburn truly HAS DOMINATED Clemson, their copycat ... winning 72% of the time!!! (34-13)
It's no wonder Auburn is laying it to Louisville ... 'pride' of the ACC - while shutting them out the 1st half.
Virginia? Ain't happening there, either against UCLA.
SEC vs. ACC? 43-13 so far in 2015 with another 1/2 to play.
So what's new?

Bits and Pieces ... UGA scored 51 before 'calling' their game due to threat of lighting with 8/9 minutes left. The 'visitor' still got their full paycheck. 'Bama-Wisconsin tonight, should be a good one.

Bowling Green is still bothering UT in the 1st half but otherwise it looks like a decent week for the SEC. All the ACC can say is thank 'da lawdy for Alcorn State, Elon and Wofford.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Auburn's 1st football coach - some guy named Petrie was a UVA alumnus and chose orange and blue for the Auburn Tigers colors, 'borrowed' from his own Cavaliers.
Later, Auburn's football coach - some guy named Riggs went to clemson taking the colors, the name 'tigers' and the mascot with him in 1896. He 'favored' purple over blue and took that, too.
clemson didn't actually have a mascot until the 1950's when a student donated a tiger suit, which even with numerous changes has never been as ritzy or as catching as the stylized Auburn tiger-mascot.
clemson likes to talk about their 'dominance' of South Carolina ... which 'historically' is 60%-40% although USC has dominated recently - winning 5 of the last 6 games.
Domination? Auburn truly HAS DOMINATED Clemson, their copycat ... winning 72% of the time!!! (34-13)
It's no wonder Auburn is laying it to Louisville ... 'pride' of the ACC - while shutting them out the 1st half.
So what's new?

Bits and Pieces ... UGA scored 51 before 'calling' their game due to threat of lighting with 8/9 minutes left. The 'visitor' still got their full paycheck. 'Bama-Wisconsin tonight, should be a good one.

Bowling Green is still bothering UT in the 1st half but otherwise it looks like a decent week for the SEC. All the ACC can say is thank 'da lawdy for Alcorn State, Elon and Wofford.
Sport Sweats. I think Auburn has also dominated usc also.

OP, you've got too much time on your hands. You need to find yourself a woman and shack up for the rest of the weekend.

So what's new?

Must have struck a nerve since only taters replied!

Reactions: SportsSuites1
They're like cockroaches in a gypsy camper ... which by the way has a 'campus' not far from clemson's.

"Pave your driveway?"

OP, you've got too much time on your hands. You need to find yourself a woman and shack up for the rest of the weekend.

Note to Sports Suite: stay away from Clemsonites when they make so much as a hint of help re: female companionship - their idea of 'making it' with 'women' is a one night stand in the Clemson Campus Sheep Barn! :confused:

Note to Sports Suite: stay away from Clemsonites when they make so much as a hint of help re: female companionship - their idea of 'making it' with 'women' is a one night stand in the Clemson Campus Sheep Barn! :confused:

EWE.....

THIS is a 'clemson' fan ...

25a.jpg

B.C. Inabinet ... tiger money-man par-excellence'!!!!

He never saw a Monte Carlo he wouldn't buy for a clemson player ... "No, I NEVER gave any money to a clemson player, I gave the money to Tates or Charlie, then I gave it to Danny ... what THEY did with it I have no idea."

"Yea, I co-signed a few car loans and yea, I made the payments. But that was for MY benefit, not theirs. If I hadn't kept the payments up it would have hurt my credit."

"Yea, I put out a few hundred most weeks, but that was for little things everybody 'ought to have; whatcha' gonna say if a kid needs to pay a phone bill or pay his momma's electric bill - or make sure his daddy's got some walking-around money ... everybody needs a little walking-around money, what's wrong with that? We don't want bums with no money walking around on campus, either - that could get dangerous. We were just insuring tranquility among the students."

"Yea, I let Danny use my plane to fly parents to games but they were doing me a favor. I wasn't using it and you need to fly those things pretty regular to keep 'em running. Their like boats, you need to take 'em out now and then."

"That's a lie about $60,000 to Tree Rollins. I never gave anyone more than maybe a few thousand at a time and no one player ever got more than maybe $20,000-$25,000 out of me. $60,000, ha! You think I'm made of money? I might help out with 4-5 times that much in a whole year but ain't no way I'm gonna' give that much to just one guy. You're dreaming."

"Dam* it, I've said it before. It wasn't Danny who started it it was Charlie Pell. Danny just kept the promises Charlie made, plus maybe half a dozen more a few of his coaches made, too. But Tennessee was promising 'em the moon and at the time Herschel Walker was an icon and everybody wanted to play on his team so we had to do a little something to keep it even."

"No, I admit it. I never even rode in a Monte Carlo. I couldn't even get into one. So what? Maybe I just liked to look at them sitting in my driveway."

Co-champions in the 80's. Life at clemson - then and NOW.

SS1 does seem to have fun trying to slam the tigglets but it's all in fun. If you take his stuff seriously then it will be a long season for you. I enjoy the little rants even though sometimes he gets a little too long to make his point. SS1 means no harm and he has more fun if he bothers you, than if he doesn't....lol.

What's your logic? I'm doing exactly what I want to do while you're waiting around just to see what that is! Seems to me it's you not me that needs a life. I played golf, visited friends saw the ocean and had a great lunch yesterday while turning down three different invites to dinner last night with friends.

Watching football and messing with guys like you was exactly what I WANTED to do. And I did it. And it all 'unfolded' just like I thought it would.

You just keep your 'lookout' ... it's early in the season and we're nowhere near done with you trolls.
Ya' dummy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT