ADVERTISEMENT

BMac gone

If we were going to replace the whole staff in the off season, then why not bring in a whole new staff? I like Boom, but this entire season and off-season has been perplexing. I will say this... to have as many changes as we have had, and as bad a season on the field, the fact that they were able to keep this recruiting class together is a miracle.

Ask Marcus if he wants to be RB coach.
Why would Marcus even think about doing that. Same as Connor.. They don't want to ruin their reputations coaching... The first time our backs don't produce this board would be saying how crappy they are as coaches. If I were them , I would stay far away from coaching my Alma mater.. Fans will turn on you regardless of who you are..

This is good news. Bobo can bring in his guys and build a staff. Needs to bring in coaches that do more than recruit....we need to develop our players on the offensive side of the ball.

You can't blame them. Find a job before next season is over because there's a darn good chance you're going to out of a job when the season is over. I hope I'm big time wrong!
Wait, Wait, Wait, With our new class coming in were due for a 8 win season. Guaranteed.(sarcasm intended )

Good luck to the guy. I agree it was best for him to move on.

We're losing a good recruiter, but probably getting a better OC.

BMac was way over his head as OC. It wasn't his fault, but it is WM for thinking you could just make a position coach over the whole offensive side of the ball. Everyone knew how this would turn out, but the sad part is that with this choice it cost us two years of having a chance to do something. BMac's inexperience in my opinion cost us 2 - 3 games. I just hope WM has learned from this and that it's not to late. I do think BoBo will right the ship some what, but that will take time.

In the cases of Brown and BMac I see this very clearly as either them not being on the same page with Bobo or Bobo moving to get his own guys.
They got better jobs.. They did what anyone would do.. BM was probably looking to get out of town because fans were terrible on social media against him.. Nobody wants to hear that 24/7

Brown is the only loss. The others are addition by subtraction. BMac was a very good recruiter but an awful coach
I agree. Happy for all 3 and hate to see Brown go but thanks for the excellent job he did while here.

Wow so a lot of you geniuses blasted his coaching ability. Guess the Steelers look to find the college guys who can`t coach, huh? Maybe it would help if some of you stopped bashing our coaches and let things play out. Can`t knock anyone for going to the pros. My concern would be Scott to Penn St. Did we try to match their offer? We have to pay if we want to be one of the big boys.

Reactions: 5KingArthur
Wow so a lot of you geniuses blasted his coaching ability. Guess the Steelers look to find the college guys who can`t coach, huh? Maybe it would help if some of you stopped bashing our coaches and let things play out. Can`t knock anyone for going to the pros. My concern would be Scott to Penn St. Did we try to match their offer? We have to pay if we want to be one of the big boys.
Pro teams make mistakes too, and this was a mistake. BMac did an awful job coaching WRs here- the WRs who produced under him were hold overs from the previous staff. He did a good job recruiting for the most part but he has not developed our young players into play makers. I am glad we get to see what someone- anyone- different can do.

No one here knows how any of all turn out.

Other than Brown leaving, I'm OK with the rest. Most on here were looking for Champ to clean house after being retained as HC.

Reactions: PC31
In the cases of Brown and BMac I see this very clearly as either them not being on the same page with Bobo or Bobo moving to get his own guys.
or they got offered jobs in the NFL which pay more than their jobs coaching college football

BMac was way over his head as OC. It wasn't his fault, but it is WM for thinking you could just make a position coach over the whole offensive side of the ball. Everyone knew how this would turn out, but the sad part is that with this choice it cost us two years of having a chance to do something. BMac's inexperience in my opinion cost us 2 - 3 games. I just hope WM has learned from this and that it's not to late. I do think BoBo will right the ship some what, but that will take time.

I think this is a fairer assessment. He was learning on the job. Some people get it faster. Others do not. He still might make a good OC, even a HC someday. He probably needed to take these positions on at a smaller school, out of the limelight, first.

Roper and Wolford were hired by NFL teams as well so I don’t know that it’s really much of an indication of ability.

To me, this sure looks like a situation where Bobo is wanting to get some of his people in place
He’s got 2 years to show me something. I won’t hold my breath because I know he’s not all that, but he’s still got 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT