ADVERTISEMENT

BMac gone

Deke is still coaching while Brad is sitting on the couch drinking beer. There’s a reason for that, and it isn’t because Deke knows a lot of people.

You’ve listened to too much of the same crap about Deke killing the DL, the DL was already going in the dumper because of 4 crappy classes. We literally signed 2 SEC quality DL in Brad’s last four years.

We blitzed (or truthfully, attempted to blitz) more because that’s what Sr wanted....he wanted the ball back in the offense’s hands. Problem is after JC and Quarles left most of our DL were too slow and too weak to be effective. DT’s were blown back into the LB’s, DE’s didn’t have the speed and hips. Glad we signed Taylor Stallworth, wound up being a great player.
You keep telling yourself that. The truth is, Lawing's shortcomings are of a personal nature, not a professional one.

And if you don't believe bad coaches keep getting jobs, have you heard of Kurt Roper?

You keep telling yourself that. The truth is, Lawing's shortcomings are of a personal nature, not a professional one.

And if you don't believe bad coaches keep getting jobs, have you heard of Kurt Roper?

If Brad was coaching like the Brad from well over a decade ago he’d have a job.

UF people were glad he was gone. Jimbo didn’t take him to TAMU for a reason, and FSU people were glad when he was gone. The people I talked to said he was lazy, did progressively less coaching during his stay, and was a divisive wedge amongst the coaching staff.

Elliott threw him a lifeline and gave him a job at Georgia State, he made it through Spring practice and was let go a little over 3 months after taking the job.

His shortcomings are personal AND professional.

Roper is a smart guy, has a great football mind. He’s probably a little too cerebral, seems like he overthinks a lot. But coaches hire him because he has a great mind and he’s very intelligent.

It didn’t work out for him as OC here, but if you go back and watch closely a LOT of plays he called had open guys or it was a correct call...but the players didn’t execute the play. I think Roper is more suited to the NFL, or a place like Duke or Stanford, seems like at times he had difficulty relating to players.

Last edited:
If Brad was coaching like the Brad from well over a decade ago he’d have a job.

UF people were glad he was gone. Jimbo didn’t take him to TAMU for a reason, and FSU people were glad when he was gone. The people I talked to said he was lazy, did progressively less coaching during his stay, and was a divisive wedge amongst the coaching staff.

Elliott threw him a lifeline and gave him a job at Georgia State, he made it through Spring practice and was let go a little over 3 months after taking the job.

His shortcomings are personal AND professional.

Roper is a smart guy, has a great football mind. He’s probably a little too cerebral, seems like he overthinks a lot. But coaches hire him because he has a great mind and he’s very intelligent.

It didn’t work out for him as OC here, but if you go back and watch closely a LOT of plays he called had open guys or it was a correct call...but the players didn’t execute the play. I think Roper is more suited to the NFL, or a place like Duke or Stanford, seems like at times he had difficulty relating to players.
Wow. So now you're defending Roper too? Who's next? Wally Burnham? Brad Scott?

Lawing was a great technique guy and had a real ability to coach guys up. People keep bringing up the recruiting but your basing that on the results we saw from the guys being “coached” by Adams versus the guy who saw something in them he could mold.

That said Lawing is stubborn and doesn’t really work well with others. He is old school and wants his guys to be his guys and build a unit. He butted heads with other coaches here as well as players families but those same people really wanted their kids playing for him. He and Jumpy argued constantly when Cliff was here about philosophy but never about technique.

I’m not sure he really wants to coach anymore anyway.

Lawing was a great technique guy and had a real ability to coach guys up. People keep bringing up the recruiting but your basing that on the results we saw from the guys being “coached” by Adams versus the guy who saw something in them he could mold.

That said Lawing is stubborn and doesn’t really work well with others. He is old school and wants his guys to be his guys and build a unit. He butted heads with other coaches here as well as players families but those same people really wanted their kids playing for him. He and Jumpy argued constantly when Cliff was here about philosophy but never about technique.

I’m not sure he really wants to coach anymore anyway.

He only lasted 4 months at Georgia State. Don't know why...read it was health reasons, but that was just a fan site.

Dangit every time this thread gets bumped back to the top I get excited again for a second then realize this is the same thread that was wrong about him leaving!! LOL

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT